Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Floyd had already taken a LETHAL DOSE of fentanyl - he was dying before the cops ever showed up. That's the fact and you know that's what happened.

What is the legal standard of care that an officer has to exercise when he takes custody of a person.

1. Not required by law to so much as give a fugk about the well-being of the person in their care?
2. Reasonable care?

None. Cop isn't responsible for pulling off a Lazarus resurrection when the perp is already dead on his feet. Grow the f&ck up....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
What is the legal standard of care that an officer has to exercise when he takes custody of a person.

None.

Just thought I'd strip this down to the basics for everyone's amusement.

Texas reprezintin. LOL

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
How dare he make fun of Saint George Floyd.......Patron saint of burning cars....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RUM7
The whole Floyd thing is a schit show.
Cop was dirty, Floyd was a parasite POS.

You aren't allowed to think that way.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The whole Floyd thing is a schit show.
Cop was dirty, Floyd was a parasite POS.

You aren't allowed to think that way.

Put the victim card away Paul, this isn't a pedal biker thread.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NASCAR ended for me not long after the time Winston Cup ended. I used to go to 4-5 races a year. Had a converted bus we pulled into the infield and stayed the weekends. It had a platform on the top and we watched the races from up there. Lots of fun. But too much drama and bs so I stopped being a fan several years after it was no longer Winston Cup. I stopped soon enough to still have mostly great memories of being a race fan.

As far as the topic of this thread. I think if fans and drivers don't like the way NASCAR runs their operation then the best thing to do is not support or associate with them. They will get the message pretty quickly if enough people put them in the rear view mirror. Or, maybe there are enough woke fans for them to prosper.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Oh my God.

You're a pretty funny and fun loving guy Paul. Is there something you find offensive about this meme? Is there a reason a young driver should have been suspended because he found it amusing?

I don't think the meme is funny or clever. I don't find it offensive, but I am not a good barometer for that, as I don't offend easily. I don't think Gragson should have liked it. I don't think he should have been suspended for liking it. I do think he should be acutely aware of the contract he signed and NASCARs rules/code of conduct. I don't think NASCARs fans will hold NASCAR accountable.

Why should Gragson have not liked it if he found it funny?

Because his career hangs in the balance. It doesn't help that he's not a very good driver either.
I found it funny cuz I don't worship at the alter of Floyd. I honestly don't know if he sucks or not. He must be pretty good or have good connections to be in Nascar.

Pretty sure you worship the alter at St Floyd, am I right?

No, Floyd was a piece of schidt career criminal. The officer who had him in his custody as life slowly passed out of him was a piece of schidt too. When your partner tells you twice the guy beneath you in your custody is dying and you do absolutely nothing, you are a piece of schidt.

Seems Floyd died of an overdose, what did you expect Chauvin to do? That said id Chauvin did actually kill Floyd which he didn't then I would consider it a public service. Spray some bug killer on those maggots.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rickt300
Oh my God.

You're a pretty funny and fun loving guy Paul. Is there something you find offensive about this meme? Is there a reason a young driver should have been suspended because he found it amusing?

I don't think the meme is funny or clever. I don't find it offensive, but I am not a good barometer for that, as I don't offend easily. I don't think Gragson should have liked it. I don't think he should have been suspended for liking it. I do think he should be acutely aware of the contract he signed and NASCARs rules/code of conduct. I don't think NASCARs fans will hold NASCAR accountable.

Why should Gragson have not liked it if he found it funny?

Because his career hangs in the balance. It doesn't help that he's not a very good driver either.
I found it funny cuz I don't worship at the alter of Floyd. I honestly don't know if he sucks or not. He must be pretty good or have good connections to be in Nascar.

Pretty sure you worship the alter at St Floyd, am I right?

No, Floyd was a piece of schidt career criminal. The officer who had him in his custody as life slowly passed out of him was a piece of schidt too. When your partner tells you twice the guy beneath you in your custody is dying and you do absolutely nothing, you are a piece of schidt.

Seems Floyd died of an overdose, what did you expect Chauvin to do? That said id Chauvin did actually kill Floyd which he didn't then I would consider it a public service. Spray some bug killer on those maggots.
Did they not thrice radio an ambulance?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jimmy Johnson is an owner of that team, he always refused to have his picture taken with the NRA logo at any race that had NRA sponsorship.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Seems Floyd died of an overdose

You entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. The coroners report did not establish the cause of death as drug overdose. It's hard to have a conversation with someone who makes schidt up. It never helps when it's a clan card carrying member from Texas either.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. The coroners report did not establish the cause of death as drug overdose. It's hard to have a conversation with someone who makes schidt up. It never helps when it's a clan card carrying member from Texas either.
It says he died from "cardiopulmonary arrest", not from murder by cop.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Remember there were two coroner reports, the first they buried. He was under the influence of several drugs. One can easily decide on their own who killed Floyd, Floyd killed Floyd.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-george-floyd-cause-death-1568687

The Facts

Floyd, 46, died in Minneapolis, Minnesota, at 9:25 p.m. CT on May 25, 2020, after Police Officer Derek Chauvin pressed his knee down on the back of his neck for 8 minutes, 46 seconds.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (HCME) said the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual restraint, and neck compression."

It continued to list arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease, fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use as being significant conditions that were underlying causes in Floyd's cause of death.

Medical examiners said the fentanyl levels were at a potentially "fatal level," but that it was a combination of factors that led to Floyd's death.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gragson is a bottom of the barrel NASCAR driver. NASCAR has to protect their brand, or whats left of it.

They need to start "liking" Boy George - that'll save 'em.

Wasn't Jeff Gordon's nickname "Rainbow Warrior"?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
They just sentenced the Asian cop that was simply standing nearby to 5 years in prison.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about the current state of things I don't know what could.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Remember there were two coroner reports, the first they buried. He was under the influence of several drugs. One can easily decide on their own who killed Floyd, Floyd killed Floyd.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-george-floyd-cause-death-1568687

The Facts

Floyd, 46, died in Minneapolis, Minnesota, at 9:25 p.m. CT on May 25, 2020, after Police Officer Derek Chauvin pressed his knee down on the back of his neck for 8 minutes, 46 seconds.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (HCME) said the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual restraint, and neck compression."

It continued to list arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease, fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use as being significant conditions that were underlying causes in Floyd's cause of death.

Medical examiners said the fentanyl levels were at a potentially "fatal level," but that it was a combination of factors that led to Floyd's death.

Let's look at the CAUSE of death first.

As I said, fentanyl was not listed as the cause of death.

Now let's look at your wording. "were underlying causes in Floyd's cause of death."

Can you post an exact quote? I haven't read the link, but I suspect where you have used the word "cause" in you language that the coroners report used other words.

Let's key in on some of your wording and the wording in the article, and measure it against Chauvin's legal duty to provide reasonable care to someone in his custody.

"complicating law enforcement subdual restraint, and neck compression."

"a combination of factors that led to Floyd's death."

Floyd had an enlarged heart that needed more oxygen and he had narrowed arteries. When you have 170 pounds on your neck and back, two things can happen. Blood flow can be slowed and your chest, abdomen and lungs may not be able to expand enough to allow full breaths. That in turn can cause cardiopulmonary arrest. Now, Chauvin had no way of knowing Floyd's medical condition, but he knew he had a person who had been resistant rather than aggressive, cuffed and prone. He knew that the resistance had stopped. He knew that Floyd's movement slowed. His partner twice told him that it looked like Floyd was no longer breathing. Chauvin did NOTHING. That's not reasonable in most people's eyes. Even though an ambulance had been called, jurors and most people thought that it was unreasonable to continue "subdual restraint, and neck compression" and do absolutely nothing when the life was passing out of the person in his care.

It's that simple.

Beyond that, on a human level, I think it's repulsive that Chauvin couldn't even be bothered with giving a damn. It's likely that we would not be having this conversation if Chauvin had ceased the restraint and pretended to give a piss when his partner told him Floyd didn't appear to be breathing. I'd bet anything that we wouldn't be having this conversation if Chauvin had adjusted his restraint when Floyd fell still then checked for a pulse and administered CPR accordingly.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by justin10mm
They just sentenced the Asian cop that was simply standing nearby to 5 years in prison.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about the current state of things I don't know what could.

He was simply standing huh? That's it?

"Still, Kueng acknowledged that he had been trained to roll someone onto their side when it was “safe to do so” to help them breathe and that he had repeatedly heard Floyd complaining that he couldn’t breathe."

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 08/08/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One is no longer allowed to have an opinion.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

LOL as much as I like you Paul, you're dead wrong on this one. IDC what they say his death was from. He was a piece of shiet, plain and simple.
ETA: If the fuggin Niga would have listened to the officers he might not be dead. Ya ever think about that?

Last edited by Skankhunt42; 08/08/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

LOL as much as I like you Paul, you're dead wrong on this one. IDC what they say his death was from. He was a piece of shiet, plain and simple.

I growing weary of all this flattery in which you don't even mention my stunning good looks.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,562
Posts18,491,792
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.