Print Thread
Hop To
Page 125 of 257 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 256 257
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by krp
. If I want I'll have a bit of ice cream or a small piece of dark chocolate after dinner.

Clinical studies show that dark chocolate is beneficial for endothelial function
and saturated Fats like butter detrimental to Endothelial function.

It's well established that poor endothelial function
is a primary underlying cause of cardiac diseases.

(EF can be measured through Fluorescence-Based
Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis -and Flow Cytometry
Immunophenotyping.)

What is insulin resistance?(and the high sugar "every Three hour" baby food diet).....

People with insulin resistance, also known as impaired insulin sensitivity, have built up a tolerance to insulin, ...

What does IR and baby food have to do with dark chocolate
beneficial effects on Endothelial function?

Just why a person fails to respond properly to insulin is still a mystery. ...

My understanding is that science has discovered that there is inhibition
of cell surface receptor binding of insulin ( insulin being a peptide)
resulting in TP-GLUT-4 being unable to transport glucose into the cell.
Additionally, inhibition of signalling both outside and inside of target cells
can restrict insulin from regulating/limiting HSL activity in the process of
fatty acid metabolism with vicious cycle negative results.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I was gone for 10 days and during that time I was pretty busy and didn’t stop to eat, I really wasn’t hungry I was just focused. After 2 days of no eating I had a good meal and got on a fairly normal to me rhythm of eating every other day but I would snack on beef jerky in the evening. I weighed 198 the morning I left and I weighed 188 upon returning. I didn’t know that I had 10 easy pounds to drop but I feel great…..my ability to drop the weight kinda pisses my wife off. 😂 My bell is going to need me to punch another hole or two in it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I think I've found the weight you've lost!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I think I've found the weight you've lost!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
The glassy-eyed zealots think carbohydrates are sugar and all sugars are Satan
Macronutrients, including carbohydrates, are converted to glucose to fuel the body and its functions
There’s a difference between sugars naturally found in complex carbohydrates and “added sugars”
Complex carbohydrates are nutrient dense
“Added sugars” are simple carbohydrates and nutrient void; empty calories
Both have 4kcal per gram
The fat fugg’s got fat because the bulk of their carbohydrate intake was from simple sources combined with a high-fat diet. Most processed, simple carbohydrate sources are also high in fat and therefore high in kcals
This diet, Coupled with inactivity, and 380 is in their future
If your dietary sources of carbohydrate originate from complex sources like rice (bran intact), potatoes, corn, whole grains, fruit and vegetables, you’re much less likely to be obese than someone whose dietary sources of carbohydrates are twinkies, Little Debbie Chocolate Rolls, and glazed-cream-filled doughnuts

There are people eating complex carbs [low glycemic index foods] that are not overweight and do not have insulin resistance, alzheimer's, high blood pressure, heart disease, ect.
But that is not your average American.
The average American needs to cut out almost all carbs to reverse the damage from simple carbs.
Loose the weight and become insulin sensitive again.
Get used to never eating sweets.

In engineering we have a hysteretic loop. How you get out, is not how you got in. It takes a big event to get out.
Owl to Winnie the poo : "You, sir, are stuck"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It's really easy to get side tracked, and hard to get back on track.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wrong Clark…..

A research team led by Dr. Kevin Hall of NIH’s National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) conducted a study under carefully controlled conditions to determine the way the body responds to fat vs. carbohydrate restriction. They designed the study using a mathematical model the team had previously developed. The findings appeared online on August 13, 2015, in Cell Metabolism.

The team enrolled 10 men and 9 women with obesity. Participants averaged 35 years of age, did not have diabetes, and had an average body mass index (BMI) of 36 (30 or greater is considered obese).

The participants stayed in the metabolic clinical research unit on the NIH campus for 2 visits of about 2 weeks each. Having participants reside in a metabolic ward 24 hours/day allowed the researchers to carefully control the volunteers’ diet and meticulously monitor their energy expenditure.

For the first 5 days of each stay, the volunteers were given a balanced diet (50% carbohydrate, 35% fat, and 15% protein) of about 2,740 calories/day, which matched energy expenditure. Over the next 6 days, they received a diet with 30% fewer calories. The amount of protein remained the same. On one visit, the calorie decrease came solely by cutting carbohydrates. On the other visit, the calories were cut only from dietary fat. The diets were given in random order with 2-4 weeks between visits.

While in the metabolic ward, the participants walked on a treadmill for 60 minutes each day. Part of the time, they resided in a metabolic chamber to measure their energy expenditure and the relative balance of fat and carbohydrate they used to produce energy.

The scientists found that when participants ate the reduced-carb diet, they lowered production of the hormone insulin. This diet caused a shift in metabolism; participants increased fat oxidation (“burning”) and decreased carbohydrate oxidation. While on the reduced carb diet, they lost about 53 grams of body fat per day.

When participants consumed the reduced-fat diet, they had no observed changes in insulin production or fat burning. However, they lost about 89 grams per day of body fat—68% more than when they cut the same number of calories from carbohydrates.

References: Calorie for Calorie, Dietary Fat Restriction Results in More Body Fat Loss than Carbohydrate Restriction in People with Obesity. Hall KD, Bemis T, Brychta R, Chen KY, Courville A, Crayner EJ, Goodwin S, Guo J, Howard L, Knuth ND, Miller BV 3rd, Prado CM, Siervo M, Skarulis MC, Walter M, Walter PJ, Yannai L. Cell Metab. 2015 Aug 12. pii: S1550-4131(15)00350-2. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2015.07.021. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 26278052.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Wrong Clark…..

A research team led by Dr. Kevin Hall of NIH’s National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) conducted a study under carefully controlled conditions to determine the way the body responds to fat vs. carbohydrate restriction. They designed the study using a mathematical model the team had previously developed. The findings appeared online on August 13, 2015, in Cell Metabolism.

The team enrolled 10 men and 9 women with obesity. Participants averaged 35 years of age, did not have diabetes, and had an average body mass index (BMI) of 36 (30 or greater is considered obese).

The participants stayed in the metabolic clinical research unit on the NIH campus for 2 visits of about 2 weeks each. Having participants reside in a metabolic ward 24 hours/day allowed the researchers to carefully control the volunteers’ diet and meticulously monitor their energy expenditure.

For the first 5 days of each stay, the volunteers were given a balanced diet (50% carbohydrate, 35% fat, and 15% protein) of about 2,740 calories/day, which matched energy expenditure. Over the next 6 days, they received a diet with 30% fewer calories. The amount of protein remained the same. On one visit, the calorie decrease came solely by cutting carbohydrates. On the other visit, the calories were cut only from dietary fat. The diets were given in random order with 2-4 weeks between visits.

While in the metabolic ward, the participants walked on a treadmill for 60 minutes each day. Part of the time, they resided in a metabolic chamber to measure their energy expenditure and the relative balance of fat and carbohydrate they used to produce energy.

The scientists found that when participants ate the reduced-carb diet, they lowered production of the hormone insulin. This diet caused a shift in metabolism; participants increased fat oxidation (“burning”) and decreased carbohydrate oxidation. While on the reduced carb diet, they lost about 53 grams of body fat per day.

When participants consumed the reduced-fat diet, they had no observed changes in insulin production or fat burning. However, they lost about 89 grams per day of body fat—68% more than when they cut the same number of calories from carbohydrates.

References: Calorie for Calorie, Dietary Fat Restriction Results in More Body Fat Loss than Carbohydrate Restriction in People with Obesity. Hall KD, Bemis T, Brychta R, Chen KY, Courville A, Crayner EJ, Goodwin S, Guo J, Howard L, Knuth ND, Miller BV 3rd, Prado CM, Siervo M, Skarulis MC, Walter M, Walter PJ, Yannai L. Cell Metab. 2015 Aug 12. pii: S1550-4131(15)00350-2. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2015.07.021. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 26278052.

I think Clark is closer to right than not. He is saying the average American in this context of reversing damage to their health. The study you continue to reference is a very controlled format. "The participants stayed in the metabolic clinical research unit on the NIH campus for 2 visits of about 2 weeks each."

This is not the situation for the average American and it can be easier to cut carbs/simple sugars than sticking to a very controlled diet like the study. YMMV

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL

If you’re cutting any macronutrient, you’re sticking to a controlled diet.

The study properly identifies the macronutrient that should be cut

👍🏼

Last edited by rcamuglia; 08/09/23.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
LOL

👍🏼

I don't disagree with that. My comments are centered around what people are likely to do in an uncontrolled format. Your study is highly controlled and should not be ignored from that standpoint. The average American (or any nationality) doesn't have their diet and activity controlled by others in a strict format such as the study you reference.

You have the discipline to eat within your activity level and go to the gym on a regular basis. I wouldn't describe you as what I see to be the average American.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s not my study

It takes discipline to stay on any diet.

The study identifies the macronutrient to restrict for the most fat loss, calorie for calorie

Any rational, intelligent person can read it and conclude the same

Last edited by rcamuglia; 08/09/23.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It’s not my study

It takes discipline to stay on any diet.

The study identifies the macronutrient to restrict for the most fat loss, calorie for calorie

Any rational, intelligent person can read it and conclude the same

What part of me repeating "the study you reference" implies that it is your study. Any rational, intelligent person can read that in context and they can understand what it took to come to those conclusions. A highly controlled format is not within the confines of the average person.

There have been many ways to approach an improvement to the health of the people posting here. You continually dismiss the positive results of anyone that took a different path than you. That is on you and your arrogance cannot accept that you do not have all the answers.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
LOL

👍🏼

I don't think so, Tim :-) It looks like the carbohydrate restricted diet still consisted of around 140 grams of carbohydrate per day. This is far above the 20-30 grams daily on a keto diet. Therefore this does not appear to be a direct comparison. Also, it only followed the participants for 9 days each time, so the longer term efficacy remains unknown. IMO, Longbob makes a very legit point. There is certainly more than one effective way to combat obesity. Low fat, low carb, Mediterranean, South Beach, Weight Watchers; They all work. The main challenge is long term compliance from the individual. As with a lot of things, we are often our own worst enemy. As for which one best promotes longevity, that also is unsettled science.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alzheimer's - is now being referred to as "Type 3 Diabetes" - caused by a type of insulin resistance and insulin-like growth factor dysfunction (Type 2 Diabetes), that occurs specifically in the brain.

And if you live on a round earth - you know what causes that.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alzheimer's - is now being referred to as "Type 3 Diabetes" - caused by a type of insulin resistance and insulin-like growth factor dysfunction (Type 2 Diabetes), that occurs specifically in the brain.

GR

Sniffing too much Poousy?

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee

GR

Sniffing too much Poousy?

High-starch and sugar "every Three hour" baby food diet.

And why call it an "every Three hour" baby food diet?

Grams Per 100 Calories: Protein / Fat / Carbs

Human milk - 1.5 / 5.5 / 11.0

McDonald's
Burger&Fries - 3.1 / 4.0 / 11.7
Cheese Pizza - 4.5 / 3.6 / 11.7

Adult Keto - 5.9 / 8.0 / 0.6

Still wonder why babies, and adults on a baby food diet, eat every Three hours and get fat?

Nature.

Free Education.

Take it or leave it.

GR

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Remember when dumb people followed this nonsense? I remember heckling a nutritionist who told me this was a good idea. She was serious. I couldn't stop laughing.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Believing anything our governments tell us can be/is a deadly, their new pyramid is even worse and sponsored by the Food and Pharmaceutical industries, which government officials have shares in.

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/09/23.

KB

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If this thread was a dumpster, it'd be on fire.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
If this thread was a dumpster, it'd be on fire.

What, you don't get off on repetitive youtube posts and baby food?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 125 of 257 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 256 257

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.