Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Happiness is a fresh box of etched FFP Mil/Mil reticles. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You gals keep bumping your pointy heads,trying to attain a FIRST fhuqking clue. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
This is someone who wakes up in the morning and decides on being the largest douchebag he can possibly be and actually succeed at being the largest douchebag he can possibly be lol

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Happiness is a fresh box of etched FFP Mil/Mil reticles. Hint.

You gals keep bumping your pointy heads,trying to attain a FIRST fhuqking clue. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
This is someone who wakes up in the morning and decides on being the largest douchebag he can possibly be and actually succeed at being the largest douchebag he can possibly be lol

Still trying to buy happiness? Well, another epic fail. No hint there, that's a fact.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Swiffer 5-20x do many things exceptionally,with zero concession(s) and I shoot a goodly herd of 'em on High Zoot Rifles,to the chagrin of Brokedick Crying Karens and Melting Snowflakes everywhere...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

7" 22 BR (no turn) Fhuqking Krieger here. Hint.

The Heartfelt Brokedick High Pitched Whine,from The Paper Hat Brigade is always soothin'. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts for "living" vicariously.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gsganzer
... Are true basic hunting scopes starting to fade away?

Yes.

The reason? It is impossible to make a hit on big game, at normal hunting range, with a Weaver k2.5x and a standard crosshair reticle.

(sarcasm filter turned "on".)

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
G
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
The Leupold VX-6HD 1-6 x 24 showed up yesterday. I don't like the look of the CDS dial turrets, but they securely lock, so it's a non-issue. I'll get it mounted later today. I have weaver Optilocks Maxima lever locks in L, M, H heights, courtesy of my trials and tribulations to try and make the Trijicon Accupoint work.

Last edited by gsganzer; 08/08/23.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Leupold VX-6HD 1-6 x 24 showed up yesterday. I don't like the look of the CDS dial turrets, but they securely lock, so it's a non-issue. I'll get it mounted later today. I have weaver Optilocks lever locks in L, M, H heights, courtesy of my trials and tribulations to try and make the Trijicon Accupoint work.

What was going on with the Accupoint?

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I've killed dozens of big game animals with a 2-12 VX6 atop a Tikka 695, held by Optilocks over the past 25 years. Hope you have as good of luck with yours as I have. It's been to Mexico a few times, Africa several times, and I never had to re-zero it, ever.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The Leupold VX-6HD 1-6 x 24 showed up yesterday. I don't like the look of the CDS dial turrets, but they securely lock, so it's a non-issue. I'll get it mounted later today. I have weaver Optilocks lever locks in L, M, H heights, courtesy of my trials and tribulations to try and make the Trijicon Accupoint work.

It was being mounted on a left-handed M70 .375 H&H. The 1-6 x 24 Accupoint has a large "thumb bump" on the ocular magnification adjustment ring that lines up perfectly to interfere with the bolt lift when on 1X, even with high rings. It only impacts a left-hand action. I wasn't willing to modify the bolt handle and the thumb bump can't be machined down, because it also serves as the nitrogen fill port. Shame, because I liked everything else about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've killed dozens of big game animals with a 2-12 VX6 atop a Tikka 695, held by Optilocks over the past 25 years. Hope you have as good of luck with yours as I have. It's been to Mexico a few times, Africa several times, and I never had to re-zero it, ever.
JG,

Just curious, but I'm under the impression that the VX6 was released 9 or 10 years ago. Am I wrong?

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I'd have to go back and look, but mine was so new it didn't even have the VX6 or Leupold logo on the eyepiece. I'd guess 10-12 years maybe? I did have a Vari-XIII on that Tikka for a while, and a Swarovski A 3.5-10x for a couple of years before it crapped out on a mule deer hunt in TX.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
JG,

Just curious, but I'm under the impression that the VX6 was released 9 or 10 years ago. Am I wrong?

shocked

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by geedubya
I/ve a number of areas of interest.

One is shooting suppressed with thermal.

Quite a bit of my night time thermal hunting is done out of a stand. Big boars, cougars, coyotes in packs and "wets" tend to make me apprehensive. Although I am always strapped with a side arm, in my old age I've become a puzz.

Consequently when sitting in a ground blind or in the open at night, I tend to get distracted thinking about uninvited guests wanting to get too cozy.

Before I became acquainted with the Sig Cross, I found it difficult to find a factory offering of a bolt action rifle with a 16" barrel chambered for the 308 Win.

Add 7" of suppressor to a 16.5" barrel and @ +/- 24" barrel length is not unwieldy in the stands/blinds I frequent.

So to make a long story short, that is a Blaser R93 in an Off Road synthetic stock.

J Sipp and Sons did the barrel for me. I had them thread it for the use of a suppressor. The muzzle brake accessory was a minor additional charge and it basically functions as a thread protector.

Most likely it will never be shot with the brake unless I'm wearing earplugs and muffs.

ya!

GWB

So, Wilson Combat basically designed the new NULA 20's for you - at least the 16.5" .308 and .358. Now I get it. Texas. Hogs at night, suppressed. Explains the twist rates, too. How'd you get them to do that for you? laugh

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'd have to go back and look, but mine was so new it didn't even have the VX6 or Leupold logo on the eyepiece. I'd guess 10-12 years maybe? I did have a Vari-XIII on that Tikka for a while, and a Swarovski A 3.5-10x for a couple of years before it crapped out on a mule deer hunt in TX.

Thanks, JG.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by JayB93
How does someone on this thread not get a permaban? I’ve read through a number of threads and it literally ruins everything it touches. This forum would seem to be much better off with 55,813 fewer posts.

Where are the mods on all these threads where real info sharing or honest questions are taken off the rails into kchunt ramblings? What a sheet show…
Whattt, moderate yourself is the only moderation acceptable!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sycamore
As mentioned, I am a red dot fan!
ya!

GWB

what is that? T1X?

looks pretty handy, if a little loud.

I/ve a number of areas of interest.

One is shooting suppressed with thermal.

Quite a bit of my night time thermal hunting is done out of a stand. Big boars, cougars, coyotes in packs and "wets" tend to make me apprehensive. Although I am always strapped with a side arm, in my old age I've become a puzz.

Consequently when sitting in a ground blind or in the open at night, I tend to get distracted thinking about uninvited guests wanting to get too cozy.

Before I became acquainted with the Sig Cross, I found it difficult to find a factory offering of a bolt action rifle with a 16" barrel chambered for the 308 Win.

Add 7" of suppressor to a 16.5" barrel and @ +/- 24" barrel length is not unwieldy in the stands/blinds I frequent.

So to make a long story short, that is a Blaser R93 in an Off Road synthetic stock.

J Sipp and Sons did the barrel for me. I had them thread it for the use of a suppressor. The muzzle brake accessory was a minor additional charge and it basically functions as a thread protector.

Most likely it will never be shot with the brake unless I'm wearing earplugs and muffs.

ya!

GWB

Pulsar Thermion 2 LRF XG50 enroute. Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Now that's cool. What's it slated for?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

It was being mounted on a left-handed M70 .375 H&H. The 1-6 x 24 Accupoint has a large "thumb bump" on the ocular magnification adjustment ring that lines up perfectly to interfere with the bolt lift when on 1X, even with high rings. It only impacts a left-hand action. I wasn't willing to modify the bolt handle and the thumb bump can't be machined down, because it also serves as the nitrogen fill port. Shame, because I liked everything else about it.

I had that issue on my Credo.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Pulsar Thermion 2 LRF XG50 enroute. Hint...................

I've found that one is very seldom sorry that he went first class.

That is a first class optic, IMHO.

From their website.....

"The Thermion 2 XG50 represents Pulsar’s premium flagship riflescope. Featuring a high resolution 1024x769 AMOLED display with 3-24x magnification, and capable of detecting objects over 2500 yards away with a laser rangefinder effective to over 874 yards, this thermal imaging riflescope produces industry leading image quality at both short and long ranges. Its 640x480 microbolometer sensor works in conjunction with its 12μm pixel pitch to sharpen image quality and display objects in crystal clear detail"

Features:

Microbolometer resolution: 640x480
Frame Rate: 50Hz
Pixel pitch: 12μm
NETD: <40mK
Display resolution: 1024x768
Display type: AMOLED
Objective lens: F50/1.0
Magnification: 3-24x
Detector type: Uncooled ASi
Detection range: 1900 yds
Battery type: 4.9 A·h (internal), Dual Li-Ion B-Pack Mini Power System: 2 A·h Changeable (external)
Battery life: 10 hours
Dimensions: 16.5 x 3 x 3.7in
Body material: Magnesium alloy
Weight: 34.2oz
30mm tube diameter

https://pulsarnv.com/products/thermion-2-lrf-xg50

Plus it records both video and audio and if I remember correctly it will also stream video to a phone or tablet.

Having the LRF is HUGE!

Another thing that I like is that you have either 5 or 6 zeroing profiles. That means you can set it up for different rifles , suppressed or uns-suppressed or for different pre-determined ranges on a dedicated rifle.

Get yourself a Thermal scanner and you'll be set to hunt behind gates in Golfcarts, just like a Texican!

Good Stuff!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/10/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dznnf7

SHTF. Seriously Having The Fun. Hint.......................(grin)

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by dznnf7

SHTF. Seriously Having The Fun. Hint.......................(grin)

Yup!

The woods come alive at night here.

The Pulsar unit above has something like 9 differnt palates, and umpteen different reticles from which to choose. Some quite busy IIRC.

I prefer the a duplex with a center "+" or dot.

This was taken using the Bering Optics Super Yoter, which being three years old or so does not have all the bells and buttons of the Pulsar unit.

An LRF will be super-handy for ranging distance, as there is no depth perception with thermal. I've lost 3 or 4 critters due to the fact that I did not have a marker to determine the POI to start tracking.

I prefer either Black Hot or White Hot for hunting.

This was the occasion of the 24hr Hog Hunt, Crystal City Texas last February. Temps were +/- 85 degrees and distance to the feeder was +/- 90 yds.

No hogs showed up but did get decent vids of this young buck among others.

Black Hot Buck

This would be around April of this year at the Petting Zoo, Reagan Wells, Texas.

I had shot a hog a few minutes before (seen in the foreground) when this young buck steps into view.

The pen/feeder is +/- 120 yds.

Thermal is a game changer.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/10/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,709
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.