F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
KayWoodie thought it was weird too.

Didn’t see his post on first few pages. Link??

F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Ahh. Found it. It would help if some folks would actually make a concrete reference to some subject matter in the title…

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
LOL! Yeah daughter sent it to me last night. We lived south of there. Down on the river where Elon is trashing out the country. Glad I got out when we did. This place was north of Elgin. Out toward Coupland. Near the old farming community of Type. Blackland country.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Ahh. Found it. It would help if some folks would actually make a concrete reference to some subject matter in the title…

Sorry.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wow. That’s depressing.

My work does a lot of training on confined spaces and not going in to save the next person. That it got all three I’d bet that at least the last two if not all three went in at the same time before they realized what was going on.

It seems crazy that it would be uncovered in the middle of a corn field and probably full of fertilizer runoff.

F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Sorry.

😁

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Really tragic.

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Lawsuit time.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Lawsuit time.
The owner of the property recently died. Can't sue him. If his estate isn't yet settled, maybe that can be sued. But you can't claim negligence, since a dead person has no duty towards anyone. If you can't prove duty, you can't prove negligence, and without proving that, you have no case.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Sorry.

Hahaha!

Go sit in the corner!

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Lawsuit time.
The owner of the property recently died. Can't sue him. If his estate isn't yet settled, maybe that can be sued. But you can't claim negligence, since a dead person has no duty towards anyone. If you can't prove duty, you can't prove negligence, and without proving that, you have no case.

Dunno why, but when you post your stupidity, I try ta convince myself you aren't the biggest moron on the 'fire.

And, just when I'm almost there, ya post again.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lawsuit time.

Radio story I heard earlier today said the group was trespassing, or didn't have permission to be on that property.

That could affect any lawsuit outcome.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Lawsuit time.

Radio story I heard earlier today said the group was trespassing, or didn't have permission to be on that property.

That could affect any lawsuit outcome.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? In a sane world, that would be the case. However, unfortunately, our legal tradition has become quite warped over the centuries. Courts have found that you even owe a duty to trespassers, i.e., to keep every part of your property safe, even for them, because the courts say that trespassers are foreseeable, i.e., you should expect to have them, so you have to keep them safe while they're trespassing.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That is a tragic story, how awful.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You'd think so, wouldn't you? In a sane world, that would be the case. However, unfortunately, our legal tradition has become quite warped over the centuries. Courts have found that you even owe a duty to trespassers, i.e., to keep every part of your property safe, even for them, because the courts say that trespassers are foreseeable, i.e., you should expect to have them, so you have to keep them safe while they're trespassing.

Quit shattin on the fire with your stupidity.

"Anyone who enters a landowner’s property without permission falls under the category of trespasser. Under Texas law, this category receives the least protection, and the only duty a landowner owes to a trespasser is to avoid intentionally injuring that person or acting with “gross negligence.”

Think of intentional injury in this way: If someone comes on your property without permission and falls into a hole, you would not be liable. But if you knowingly push someone into the hole, you may have a problem."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's generally held that you have a duty to warn trespassers of any dangers on your property, e.g., a sign by the hole prominently displayed that says, in this case, DANGER! Cistern Hole is Open, Do Not Approach. At night, it would need to be lighted. So, if you have such a condition, and no sign (because you didn't inspect your property recently), you are liable to trespassers who fall in.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It's generally held that you have a duty to warn trespassers of any dangers on your property, e.g., a sign by the hole prominently displayed that says, in this case, DANGER! Cistern Hole is Open, Do Not Approach. At night, it would need to be lighted. So, if you have such a condition, and no sign (because you didn't inspect your property recently), you are liable to trespassers who fall in.

You must be jealous a JeffO's comeback.

Not gonna let your title get taken without a fight.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 204guy, 66 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,600
Posts18,492,235
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.