Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Even with all the headwinds, all the left wing haters and leavers and pressure on advertisers, the new CEO discussed today how advertisers are coming back and the company is close to breaking even. Competitor Msf "Threads" is having difficulty finding traction.

That is quite something. The pendulum is starting to swing faster and faster.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/10/tech/x-ceo-linda-yaccarino-threads-meta/index.html

"Yaccarino, a former marketing executive with NBCUniversal, was brought on to Twitter in part to help revive its advertising business. And she said on Thursday that the company is “close to breakeven.”

“Coca Cola, Visa, State Farm is a huge partner, they’re coming back — the last bunch of weeks, continued revenue growth,” Yaccarino said.

But maintaining the ad business has been an uphill battle for the site since Musk’s takeover. Hordes of advertisers halted spending on the platform over concerns about content moderation, mass layoffs and general uncertainty about the company’s future. Musk has also defended his own controversial tweets, telling CNBC in May, “I’ll say what I want, and if the consequence of that is losing money, so be it.”

Yaccarino pointed to the company’s “freedom of speech, not freedom of reach” policy that aims to limit the reach of so-called lawful but awful content on the platform and to protect brands from having their ads appear alongside such content. X on Tuesday rolled out additional brand safety controls for advertisers, including the ability to avoid having their ads show next to “targeted hate speech, sexual content, gratuitous gore, excessive profanity, obscenity, spam, drugs.” "

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hmm seems so long ago when I heard she was coming aboard.....

but it is amazing what ditching ridiculous perqs, firing dead weight and making people work can do...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't do either but from what I've read Threads is a parasite sucking your data dry to feed the droids meta pig.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Those same advertisers didn't have a problem with their brand being displayed with leftist hate speech and the same sexual content. But somehow had a problem when Musk evened the playing field. I’m not a twitter guy so I dont know what goes on there. I did have it about 8 years ago for a short time. I got tired of that crap in about two months. I guess I probably still have an account but haven't signed in since a couple months after opening my account.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (222Sako, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 45 invisible), 1,881 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,003
Posts18,481,375
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.