Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
An interesting video by Dr. James Tabor, PhD, professor, Bible historian and scholar, archeologist, explains how the Roman Catholic Church revised Mary's life into the Perpetual Virgin Mary who never had sex with her husband Joseph, and remained a pristine pure "virgin" until she died. The RCC rewrote history to claim that Jesus' four brothers and three sisters, Mary's children, were actually Joseph's children from another marriage.

The Perpetual Virgin, Mary, and Jesus on the Cross were the two main pillars of the RCC and still are.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That was an interesting video, tks.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Poor thing , can you
Imagine after getting screwed by god trying to get that orgasam again , you’d be screwing forever in search .
Kenneth

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Poor thing , can you
Imagine after getting screwed by god trying to get that orgasam again , you’d be screwing forever in search .
Kenneth

It beats getting screwed by satan, like so many others have been.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Hell , I would imagine , getting screwed by god or an angel would be the ultimate piece of ass
Kenneth

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hell , I would imagine , getting screwed by god or an angel would be the ultimate piece of ass
Kenneth
Nephilim

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Poor thing , can you
Kenneth

It beats getting screwed by satan, like so many others have been.
Yep, and it seems like some revisionist history.

That so many even on a conservative site seem to mock God while being clueless to connect the dots is sad. Without God there’s no reason to believe in anything conservative.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I ain’t knocking what you believe , just giving credit were credit is due .
Don’t care how you cut it , getting screwed by a celestial being would have to be the ultimate orgasm and was simply making note of the fact that if she was chasing that sensation, she spent a lot of time chasing . Wasn’t meant as a put down , just a fact
Kenneth

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
So that's where the phrase "Holy Foookkk!" comes from! Who knew!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Had you people given as much thought to not getting vaxxed and Voting for Trump.......we would be in much better shape now.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
According to the Scriptures Mary was a virgin promised to Joseph but was found to be with child before they got married. Angel appeared to Joseph and told him that the child was conceived by the Holy Spirit, it simply means that The Holy Spirit planted a holy seed in her womb. Joseph believed the angel and took Mary as his wife and the Scripture is very clear that he did not have sexual relation with her until she had brought her first born son Jesus. That is very clear that he did have sexual relation with her after Jesus was born and the rest of the children were his. Catholic Church is grasping for straws trying to prove that Mary was a perpetual virgin which she was not.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There's a food that makes a woman celibate for life, if not a perpetual virgin- - - - - -it's called "wedding cake"!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Had you people given as much thought to not getting vaxxed and Voting for Trump.......we would be in much better shape now.

No kidding….

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I ain’t knocking what you believe , just giving credit were credit is due .
Don’t care how you cut it , getting screwed by a celestial being would have to be the ultimate orgasm and was simply making note of the fact that if she was chasing that sensation, she spent a lot of time chasing . Wasn’t meant as a put down , just a fact
Kenneth

But that wasn’t the Biblical claim. There was no screwing, no orgasms indicated. It was a fertilization with no sexual act. Whom we call God provided half the genetics required to produce a child. That child was Jesus. And I get your motivation. It’s good when various hypotheses are considered.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
“People”? Let’s generalize everything shall we….If you people would have gotten off your motor cycles (cattle/corn/sheep/corn/hunting/fishing….etc.) and voted for Trump….we wouldn’t even be talking about this. You were too worried about being vaxxed when the van showed up at your home.

Voting for Trump had nothing to do with this, putting the former vice president FJB in office did. Stop pointing the finger unless it’s pointing at yourself. WE ALL LET THIS HAPPEN AND DIDN”T DO SCHITT.

Last edited by MarkWV; 08/10/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by duke61
According to the Scriptures Mary was a virgin promised to Joseph but was found to be with child before they got married. Angel appeared to Joseph and told him that the child was conceived by the Holy Spirit, it simply means that The Holy Spirit planted a holy seed in her womb. Joseph believed the angel and took Mary as his wife and the Scripture is very clear that he did not have sexual relation with her until she had brought her first born son Jesus. That is very clear that he did have sexual relation with her after Jesus was born and the rest of the children were his. Catholic Church is grasping for straws trying to prove that Mary was a perpetual virgin which she was not.

Yup. That little word 'until' puts a definite end to her virginity. It removes all doubt that she and Joseph had sex.

Matt 1:23 "Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel" (which means, God with us).
24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife,
25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Do you believe the election was stolen?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Well if you believe in poof ! It happened , I guess you can magic wand it anyway you like , but I ain’t never known of anybody getting knocked up that didn’t get laid . But I ain’t going to dribble piss in your post toasties and tell you it’s honey dew , it’s your post toasties , have ‘em anyway you like .
But god created woman to be with man and I just figured he decided he’d check this thing he created out and found out what a wonderful thing he had done and left her with the wants for another Getty up like she had with god , but you can pretty well figure she ain’t going to get laid like that again .
Anyway it’s merely an observation I made , maybe too deep for some folks .
Kenneth

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
for me, it's a non issue. The mythos of most religions has some squirrely aspects embedded in their religious canon.

Sam......

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I know I'm going to get some hate here but articles like that is one of the reasons religion is fastly becoming not as popular as it was...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (6mmbrfan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 899 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,119
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.