Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Had my first about four years ago. That prep stuff is satan’s brew! I should have installed a seatbelt on the schitter. Next time I’m going to have them order up an endoscopy as well. Might as well get my GI tract flossed while they’re at it.

Something for the newbs to look forward to:

Yours in Liberty,

BL

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good morning to y'all.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JMR40
You can put the baby wipes in the trash. No different than how you handle diapers. They do work.

My dad had colon cancer, which he survived. They caught it early. Because of that they started me at 40 and I've gotten one every 5-6 years since. I'm now 65 so I've had several. Either they are getting better, or I'm just used to it.

They used to advise drinking nothing but the gallon of fluid they prescribed. But now they say it is OK to drink other fluids with it as long as they don't have certain color dyes in them. I never minded drinking the solution. it was the aftertaste that made me want to puke. Now I drink a big swig and chase it with clear Gatorade.

I liked breaking it up. I used to reach a point where I simply couldn't get in the last quart in one setting. Now I drink about 3 quarts and go to bed. Get up at about 4AM and quickly finish it off and go back to bed. I usually schedule mine for 8-9AM.

Propofol is the best thing they ever came up with. I was wide awake during my 1st one. Whatever they gave me had no effect at all. Did not like. The next few I was completely out all day and foggy the next day. They have used Propofol the last 2 times, and it is great. You are out like turning off a switch and when they bring you out you are wide awake and alert within minutes. And feel like you got the best 10 hours of sleep in your life even though it was probably closer to 30 minutes.

I understand why Michael Jackson liked it. He was having his Doc give it to him to get restful sleep. Doc wasn't paying attention and gave him too much and didn't stay with him and monitor him when he died.
I can truly understand how someone could get hooked on the propofol. it's the best nap you will ever have...

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Had my third one last Tuesday, got 4 tiny polyps, not near as bad as it used to be.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
There’s a new option called Cologuard. They mail you a little bucket. You drop a fecal sample in it and send it back. They do some testing on the sample. If there are any markers then you do a colonoscopy. Otherwise, you repeat the Cologaurd every three years.

No prep needed.

I much prefer this option to what Shaman described.

IC B2

shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I'm back. Think about what's the worst things you can hear on waking up from a colonoscopy.

Yeah, "You've got Cancer" probably won't happen. They wait until the test results are back.

"We nicked you and you're bleeding out." Yeah, that's a day wrecker.

Think less dangerous and more ironic.

How about "your prep didn't work good enough. We'll have to try again later."?

Yep.

The problem is the CHemo pretty much killed off normal intestinal movement. I've been somewhat sluggish the past year. I was wondering. . .

The next step is to reschedule and then put me on a 2-day prep regime to get me cleared out.

Just another lasting gift from my trip to Chemo Camp.

Yeeesh.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
In other words- - - -they told you that you're still full of schidt! Maybe an enema with a garden hose would help?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I'm due for a Colonoscopy but I won't get one until I find a doctor that will do it without pain medication. In fact the Mayo Clinic recommends it. Per the Mayo Clinic a Colonoscopy is a painless procedure because the colon walls don't have any nerves. They can remove polyps and you won't feel a thing. If you need surgery for cancer removal then you will need anesthetics of course. Taking Propofol is risky for the elderly and the risk increases with age. The anesthesiologist is supposed to give you a dose of Propofol based on your age, weight and health. I don't trust an anesthesiologist to do that.

The last time I got a Colonoscopy was a little over 10 years ago it took a LONG time to get over the anesthetic.

Last edited by victoro; 08/11/23.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by AUGrad
There’s a new option called Cologuard. They mail you a little bucket. You drop a fecal sample in it and send it back. They do some testing on the sample. If there are any markers then you do a colonoscopy. Otherwise, you repeat the Cologaurd every three years.

No prep needed.

They're looking for blood in your poop. If you have blood in you poop you may already have cancer. Every 3 years sounds way too long between tests.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^^^^^^TRUTH^^^^^^^

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm on the every 5 year plan for both the colonoscopy and endoscopy. Just had the 3rd photo shoot a few months ago. The good news was I got the pills with a prescribed amount of water flush this time. Way less obnoxious that the liquid.

I figured I might as well have a cyst removed from the upper area of my stomach that had been alloying me for years. All I was thinking about was "I'll be unconscious anyway so I might as well get a twofer". It never occurred to me that the post operative pain would be "quite significant ". Apparently it was jumbo sized. I'm glad its gone but boy was I surprised when I woke up...

Please don't feed the trolls!
B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
And dont believe the part about bright red blood being hemeroids and dark blood being cancer. Any blood needs to be scoped. I had bright red for a good little while, finally got scoped and had to have 14" of my colon removed and 12 weeks of chemo. My gastrologist stated that wise tale kills more people than anything.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by JMR40
You can put the baby wipes in the trash. No different than how you handle diapers. They do work.

My dad had colon cancer, which he survived. They caught it early. Because of that they started me at 40 and I've gotten one every 5-6 years since. I'm now 65 so I've had several. Either they are getting better, or I'm just used to it.

They used to advise drinking nothing but the gallon of fluid they prescribed. But now they say it is OK to drink other fluids with it as long as they don't have certain color dyes in them. I never minded drinking the solution. it was the aftertaste that made me want to puke. Now I drink a big swig and chase it with clear Gatorade.

I liked breaking it up. I used to reach a point where I simply couldn't get in the last quart in one setting. Now I drink about 3 quarts and go to bed. Get up at about 4AM and quickly finish it off and go back to bed. I usually schedule mine for 8-9AM.

Propofol is the best thing they ever came up with. I was wide awake during my 1st one. Whatever they gave me had no effect at all. Did not like. The next few I was completely out all day and foggy the next day. They have used Propofol the last 2 times, and it is great. You are out like turning off a switch and when they bring you out you are wide awake and alert within minutes. And feel like you got the best 10 hours of sleep in your life even though it was probably closer to 30 minutes.

I understand why Michael Jackson liked it. He was having his Doc give it to him to get restful sleep. Doc wasn't paying attention and gave him too much and didn't stay with him and monitor him when he died.

I can truly understand how someone could get hooked on the propofol. it's the best nap you will ever have...

Yep its sure put Michael Jackson to sleep, he still has not woken up as far as I know.

KB

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bobcat85
And dont believe the part about bright red blood being hemeroids and dark blood being cancer. Any blood needs to be scoped. I had bright red for a good little while, finally got scoped and had to have 14" of my colon removed and 12 weeks of chemo. My gastrologist stated that wise tale kills more people than anything.

Pretty sure most people, that have hemorrhoids, know it !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Just had my first PCP appointment since turning 50. He was kind enough to mail me a box to take a dump in and mail to some poor unfortunate person to test. Did tell me chance of false positive (or real) will earn me a rectum-vision 3000 appointment

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I had my last colonoscopy last Friday. When I started doing them it was every 10 years. Then. It went to every five years. Now they want me in every 3 years because of the number of polyps, although none were cancerous or even precancerous. I guess everybody’s got to make a Buck.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by victoro

No prep needed.

They're looking for blood in your poop. If you have blood in you poop you may already have cancer. Every 3 years sounds way too long between tests.

That’s my understanding as well. I’ll go for the colonoscopy, and get the polyps snipped out before they become cancerous.

NRA Patron
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
TWO Docs confirmed to me just this past week.

Vitamin D will reduce polyps and help make sure the ones that form are not precancerous.

I had 4-6 (I forget) in 2008 (2 precancerous)... I had 2 on my last colonoscopy (2 weeks ago)... both tested negative.

I am 60 years old with family history of colon cancer deaths.

TAKE VITAMIN D... FACT

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have not had one but 5 years ago when i had an ulcer rupture i got the whole thing.

They hauled my guts out and put them on a table and measured and recorded every thing they saw.

I will never get another for the rest of my days,however many that is/was.

Just wished they could have put a little more material for the stomach they made for me.

And one day i hope to weigh more than 150lbs.one day. grin

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by victoro

No prep needed.

That’s my understanding as well. I’ll go for the colonoscopy, and get the polyps snipped out before they become cancerous.

According to my doc, this test looks for abnormal DNA and will even detect polyps. It does have an 8% false negative rate, but colonoscopies and anesthesia also have a small percentage risk. The test specifically says it is not for high risk individuals, so if you want your garden hose you can have your garden hose.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (44mc, 2UP, 470Evans, 375TN, 35, 17 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.