Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I agree JG, but man they’re not supporting us like they used to and they’ve certainly taken advantage of the market to increase the heck out of their prices.

Semper Fi
HR IC

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
SPS has spit out a few 140 and 160 7mm's lately though, but I hear 'ya. I've got a decent stash so I'll consider myself lucky.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
SPS has spit out a few 140 and 160 7mm's lately though, but I hear 'ya. I've got a decent stash so I'll consider myself lucky.

Yes sir. Not knocking their bullets just the way they’re doing business.

I’ve got a lot of Nosler on my shelf but it’ll be tough to buy more when they get shot up.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I sent an email to Nosler a couple months ago. Asked them to take me off their mailing list, until they quit with the drug cartel price list. Maybe when the democRATs get out of the White House, and quit running the Senate, Nosler will settle down and get back to being part of the real world.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GSPfan
I stopped by my LGS looking for bullets for my 6.5X55. They had several boxes of Hornady 140gr SST 100/box $49.99 they also had a box or two of Nosler 140 Accubonds $69.99/50. I went with the Hornady's. I have several boxes of Accubonds in 6.5, 30, 35, 7MM & 375 but when there gone they won't be replaced.

jorgeI I have my 300 H&H sighted in with 200gr Accubonds for an upcoming Gemsbuck hunt. No Partitions available here and I've had the Accubonds for a couple of years. We will see how they perform

ABs will work just fine. They are great bullets and much more accurate than Partitions.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I love Nosler's. I use the Accubonds, Ballistic Tips and E-Tips for almost all my rifles. That being said their prices are horrible. I'm using 100 round boxes of 180 grain .308 Ballistic Tips with $14 price tags. Them I go to SPS and see 50 round bags of blemished bullets for 20 something dollars.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nosler moving their entire operation to Redmond, Oregon. That’s where ammunition plant is located at. I had an opportunity to talk to the QA manager at camp perry. He said Nosler, has to buy their powder like everyone else from powder valley, grafs etc. Hodgdon will not sell bulk to them like varget, H4831 etc, primers they trade bullets for them from Winchester and federal. It was a very good conversation. He left me with this how many planes does Steve Hornady own? How many planes does John Nosler own??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You never hear people bitching about the price of Barnes bullets. Few yrs ago pre Covid you could get 180tsx for what 30-35-40 bucks. Now days 48-50 bucks if not more.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Steve Hornady has a couple planes and Nosler doesnt OK then sounds like Nosler needs to take some lessons from Hornady as he sells bullets cheaper than they do.

I am sure they all live a better life than 99% of the people buying their products

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Nosler moving their entire operation to Redmond, Oregon. That’s where ammunition plant is located at. I had an opportunity to talk to the QA manager at camp perry. He said Nosler, has to buy their powder like everyone else from powder valley, grafs etc. Hodgdon will not sell bulk to them like varget, H4831 etc, primers they trade bullets for them from Winchester and federal. It was a very good conversation. He left me with this how many planes does Steve Hornady own? How many planes does John Nosler own??

I'd be curious to know if Hogdon has that policy for all or for just Nosler and why.

Me

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gene270
Steve Hornady has a couple planes and Nosler doesnt OK then sounds like Nosler needs to take some lessons from Hornady as he sells bullets cheaper than they do.

I am sure they all live a better life than 99% of the people buying their products

Or find some investors design your own bullet sell it at 2010 prices and get back with us.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by 79S

I'd be curious to know if Hogdon has that policy for all or for just Nosler and why.

He didn’t say anything about other ammunition makers like hornady. There are powders they can get in bulk if i remyright TAC was one of them, but when it comes to powders like varget and other high demand powder. They are like the rest of us.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
ABs will work just fine. They are great bullets and much more accurate than Partitions.

Could not agree more.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 79S
You never hear people bitching about the price of Barnes bullets. Few yrs ago pre Covid you could get 180tsx for what 30-35-40 bucks. Now days 48-50 bucks if not more.

Barnes has not doubled their prices like nosler. In my neck of the woods pre-covid nosler partitions and accubonds cost about 50-55$ a box, current going price is 100-110$ CAD.

Barnes TSX/ TTSX was around 50$- now 60-65$, big difference compared to Nosler.

Once my Nosler stock pile dries out i wont be going out buying Nosler's at current prices unless price comes down to sane prices.

Last edited by 8MMX57JS; 08/10/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

I don't know who owns planes. I do know that Hornady has been much more available, at a much better price and they are functional equals to anything Nosler has other than Partitions. What do planes have to do with that?

I'd like to hear from MuleDeer about Hodgdon not selling directly to Nosler. Is that the industry standard?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yesterday at a LGS.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I haven't seen that many bullets anywhere in a long time.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hanco
They are pricing themselves out of the bullet business. Customers will turn to manufacturers that price their bullets cheaper. It doesn’t take a premium bullet to kill deer or pigs like most of us hunt. I do like their ballistic tips.

Agreed 100%

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 79S

I don't know who owns planes. I do know that Hornady has been much more available, at a much better price and they are functional equals to anything Nosler has other than Partitions. What do planes have to do with that?

I'd like to hear from MuleDeer about Hodgdon not selling directly to Nosler. Is that the industry standard?

People on here howl at the moon, how nosler outrageous prices are lining the pockets of John Nosler. John Nosler owns zero planes. While Steve Hornady owns 9.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 79S

People on here howl at the moon, how nosler outrageous prices are lining the pockets of John Nosler. John Nosler owns zero planes. While Steve Hornady owns 9.

What is your source on this, and what kind of planes? A bunch of planes out there worth significantly less than a new pickup.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,175 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,728
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.