Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes. I can tell you firsthand, that wisdom comes with age.

I can also tell you firsthand, that wisdom goes away with old age.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Ask Jag

You need to ask Q first

Good point...

Q? Q? Does wisdom come with age?

A bamboo path
Around the
Lotus pond

Waves are gentle,
The wind is quiet.

Lotus?

Popular in Chyna...thar must mean the ccp is here to save us all!

Welcome Chinese overlords!

Empty handed I hold the spade,
Walking I ride the water buffalo

Dude!

Water buffalo...endemic to asia...the Chinese are coming!

Q!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes all by its lonesome….

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WTF slum at?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
People who were not bright in the first place don't often end up being brilliant scholars later in life. Some people may learn from personal experiences, and from observing the actions and experiences of others, but some people never do. There always will be the bottom half that makes the top half look good, and vice versa.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Slummie hasn't signed on since March 30. Is he ok?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Time, and effort...

If one walks across a field, but the grass returns - that is Experience.
(Because one's path is not determined, an experiment.)

If one walks across a field enough so that the path remains - that is Knowledge.
(Because one's path will take them from one place, to another.)

If one walks across a field, in every direction, from every location, until no grass remains - that is Wisdom
(Because one's path will take them from any place, to anywhere.)

GR

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Maybe cause we think a little slower????

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Young dumbazz,s become old dumbazz,s who have waited all their life to say" wisdom comes with age" to whoever will fall for it, too feel better about being a dumbazz their whole life.
Wabigoon is a perfect example of it....

Talked to Slumlord this morning...
As a matter of fact.

We talked about toy trains and fire engines at one point in relation to two oldsters and how they would bounce off each other perfectly on here if one became a 24hr member out of the 2.

🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Talking with my kids when they were teenagers, I'd ask them, are you smarter now than you were five years ago?
Yes

So just imagine how smart I am compared to you.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m not sure that age means wisdom or that age is at all involved in wisdom. In my opinion wisdom comes from experience, usually painful experience but not necessarily. I’ve known some very wise “younger men” and some incredibly stupid older ones, the defining difference was that the 1 with life experience was far more wise than the mouth breathing old codgers. Some people are only alive by shear accidental coincidence or divine intervention because they damn sure don’t possess the proper faculties for survival. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m not sure that age means wisdom or that age is at all involved in wisdom. In my opinion wisdom comes from experience, usually painful experience but not necessarily. I’ve known some very wise “younger men” and some incredibly stupid older ones, the defining difference was that the 1 with life experience was far more wise than the mouth breathing old codgers. Some people are only alive by shear accidental coincidence or divine intervention because they damn sure don’t possess the proper faculties for survival. 😉
I opined something similar awhile back, and all the old fuggs on here threw a Karen fest.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wisdom does not come with age.
Experience does. As experiences pile up.

A wise, but young, man does stupid stuff.
Maybe not as dumb as his fool compatriots.

With experience, his wisdom grows and his decisions reflect that.

Young fools just age into old fools.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Posts like this are why you are a Fire fave for me. Another money shot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
In youth we learn.

In age we understand.
I like that.

I’ve definitely mellowed out and gained perspective with age.

You take the good with the bad. I’m as happy as I’ve ever been but it comes with slower recovery time and a lot less wild and fun times too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2
More like a wrinkled nut sack and having to piss 4 times a night

Likely your most honest post to date.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Wait, Toots has a nut sack?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Wait, Toots has a nut sack?
LOL

By his own admission it’s shriveled up and not worth much😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Aces;
Good evening to you my friend, I hope wherever this finds you that it finds you well since you might be in transit.

If I can be forgiven for making a few less than charitable observations, it's been my direct experience that many folks who have attained "ripe old age" are anything but wise.

Very vividly actually, I can recall an epiphany chatting with a neighbor of my late Mom and Dad's when they'd just moved into a "retirement community" which our part of BC is known for. Not only were they mentally thick and seemingly incapable of reasoning, they were downright miserable. My comment to my good wife later on when discussing my epiphany was something along the line of "I'm surprised someone hasn't smothered them with a pillow years ago".....

That was the first and of course sadly but nonetheless predictably not the last.

While I'll agree partially with your contention that wisdom comes from experience, it also requires the person who has lived the experience to be able to be reasonably brutal with self analysis in order to learn anything.

That thought comes from running into folks who have done the same task wrong - perhaps a thousand times Aces - and equate that with success and doing said task correctly - when in fact they might be just lucky in not injuring themselves at worst or merely doing it the hard way for their entire life at best. But either way they've still not really learned to do the job in question well, not really.

That actually ties in with your last sentence, which I've witnessed repeatedly and agree with completely.

Lastly, I've known far, far too many folks who as they age have their world and by extension their world view shrink so they lose focus on what really and truly might matter. What might matter to them and more importantly to the next shift who need to keep the wheels on and the machine rolling as we turn over the controls.

Anyways Aces, just a few thoughts from a lifetime observer of our fellow humans, but I will say this, it's never too late to change and to begin to learn.

My late father used to laugh in a low chuckle that shook his whole being, touch me on the arm the way old guys seem to do and say, "If you're not learning something son, best look around, as you're likely dead".

Then a couple times he was quiet for a bit, looked hard into my eyes and said, "But you know, some days you're going to find you don't want to learn that again".

Dad was a wise man in my view and in the view of most who knew him.

All the best in your travels Aces.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
sometimes I wish my dad was still here and I could call him on the phone and say "Dad, you were right"

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 358wsm, 10Glocks, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,928
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.