Print Thread
Hop To
D
dave284 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Ran across this the other night. Thought some of you might find it interesting. I like his taste in firearms.

[video:yahoo]
[/video]

[video:yahoo]
[/video]

Last edited by dave284; 08/12/23.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
No video

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
No video

It’s all black rifles, inside his safe, at night, with no light

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Can’t even imagine how much he has invested in that collection.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I got to hold his Shiloh Sharps from Crossfire Trail at the Shilo store back in 05. Fit me like a glove. It didn't look like that, however.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I got to hold his Shiloh Sharps from Crossfire Trail at the Shilo store back in 05. Fit me like a glove. It didn't look like that, however.
Was friends with Bo Dorn, the antagonist in Crossfire Trail…Brad Johnson. Sadly Brad passed from complications due to Covid about two years ago. Wonderful guy. Hell of a gunsmith as well. Reworked vintage lever actions into $$$$ masterpieces. Excellent elk guide back in the day.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
"Well, one time he killed three fellas, cut their heads off. Hung them above the pawnshop, right by a sign that said: 'Money to loan'.

Then he's having supper with a guy one time... chased him down the end of main street... killed him, skinned him, nailed his hide to the barn door.

He's tougher than the back wall of a shooting gallery. And that, boys... is Bo Dorn."

Brad Johnson seemed like a great family man, and a far stretch from the character of Bo Dorn. Sounds like he was a great guy that died way too soon.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by gaperry59
"Well, one time he killed three fellas, cut their heads off. Hung them above the pawnshop, right by a sign that said: 'Money to loan'.

Then he's having supper with a guy one time... chased him down the end of main street... killed him, skinned him, nailed his hide to the barn door.

He's tougher than the back wall of a shooting gallery. And that, boys... is Bo Dorn."

Brad Johnson seemed like a great family man, and a far stretch from the character of Bo Dorn. Sounds like he was a great guy that died way too soon.
Yep, had a large family. Eight children I’m pretty sure. Just a wonderful guy to be around. He was in a number of movies. Before all that he was on the pro rodeo circuit doing his thing. He was spotted by a talent scout and became the “Marlboro Man”, although he didn’t smoke if I remember correctly. Afterwards Hollywood came calling. I remember meeting him initially and was blown away by his rugged good looks. My sweet wife about fainted. He seemed to take it all in stride and just enjoyed life to the fullest.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
VERY nice guns!

But no fun guns? No ARs or AKs?

Does he shoot? Does he hunt?

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I hadn't heard Johnson had died. Always liked his stuff.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mr. Selleck has been in some heated conversations about guns and he has always stayed on the gun rights side . so be very happy we have a few who speak and argue for our side the right to own and use guns. Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by pete53
Mr. Selleck has been in some heated conversations about guns and he has always stayed on the gun rights side . so be very happy we have a few who speak and argue for our side the right to own and use guns. Pete53
Google the conversation he had with Oprah on her show. 👍👍👍👊👊👊

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Dunno about the one with Oprah but I did see the one where he handed Rosie O'Donnell her fat ass. made my day.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Dunno about the one with Oprah but I did see the one where he handed Rosie O'Donnell her fat ass. made my day.
PJ
You’re right…Rosie.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nice guns

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That Woodsman…. If the ship comes in I’d start by getting ours engraved to match.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I talked to Rudy Cargnel a long while back. I know his father Gino Cargnel engraved a few rifles/shotguns for Tom Selleck.

Met him (just to say hello) . He was with John Milius at the Wannamacher show at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas (goes to show how long ago it was)

Last edited by richj; 08/14/23.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have a 270 Winchester Model 70 I bought new in Montana, and had it rebored to 338/06, by Bob West in Eugene Oregon before he passed. He redid it when he was 90 yrs old, and still gunsmithing.

At his shop, which was in his garage ( huge garage), he had rifle racks upon wheels, full of guns.

He had 3 phone calls and finally took it for about 5 minutes. He told me I could feel free to touch any one of them I desired to. I looked over some amazing old collectable stuff in there while he was on the phone.

He came back and asked if I listened to country music. I told him yeah, and his response was " you know Hank Williams Jr then don't ya?" I nodded yeah, and he continued " Ever since that boy laid off the whiskey and the drugs, when he is on the road, he loves to call me and talk about guns...to all hours of the night".. he pointed to 3 racks containing maybe 30 rifles, of all types.... these all belong to Hank Jr.

I was holding a rifle off of another rack, which he said that was one he had just finished refurnbishing..that and the other 10 or 12 rifles on that rack, belonged to Tom Selleck. " Now there is one hell of a gentleman, Tom Selleck.. and has damn good tastes in fire arms"

Pointed to another rack "those belong to John Larraquette" .

For those of you who don't recognize Bob West's name. He was one of the last guys to train under P.O. Ackley.

With customers like Hank Williams Jr, and Tom Selleck, I had to wonder, why in the hell was he talking to me.
He was only giving me the time of day, because of I had been referred by Chick Donnelly who lived here in town.
But Bob told me if I had been recommended by Chick Donnelly, then I must be darn good people.

The accuracy he did on that rebore of the 270 to 338/06, was fantastic.... gun thought it was a varmint rifle or target rifle.
Still have it. One gunsmith that use to be on the Campfire from Montana, told me that the velocity I was getting off of that rifle, was either BS or my chronograph was broken or someone put pixie dust on it.

I told him it had been done by Bob West. he apologized in a PM, and told me if Bob West did it, then I had an excellent rifle.
He knew the name well.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Seafire
I have a 270 Winchester Model 70 I bought new in Montana, and had it rebored to 338/06, by Bob West in Eugene Oregon before he passed. He redid it when he was 90 yrs old, and still gunsmithing.

At his shop, which was in his garage ( huge garage), he had rifle racks upon wheels, full of guns.

He had 3 phone calls and finally took it for about 5 minutes. He told me I could feel free to touch any one of them I desired to. I looked over some amazing old collectable stuff in there while he was on the phone.

He came back and asked if I listened to country music. I told him yeah, and his response was " you know Hank Williams Jr then don't ya?" I nodded yeah, and he continued " Ever since that boy laid off the whiskey and the drugs, when he is on the road, he loves to call me and talk about guns...to all hours of the night".. he pointed to 3 racks containing maybe 30 rifles, of all types.... these all belong to Hank Jr.

I was holding a rifle off of another rack, which he said that was one he had just finished refurnbishing..that and the other 10 or 12 rifles on that rack, belonged to Tom Selleck. " Now there is one hell of a gentleman, Tom Selleck.. and has damn good tastes in fire arms"

Pointed to another rack "those belong to John Larraquette" .

For those of you who don't recognize Bob West's name. He was one of the last guys to train under P.O. Ackley.

With customers like Hank Williams Jr, and Tom Selleck, I had to wonder, why in the hell was he talking to me.
He was only giving me the time of day, because of I had been referred by Chick Donnelly who lived here in town.
But Bob told me if I had been recommended by Chick Donnelly, then I must be darn good people.

The accuracy he did on that rebore of the 270 to 338/06, was fantastic.... gun thought it was a varmint rifle or target rifle.
Still have it. One gunsmith that use to be on the Campfire from Montana, told me that the velocity I was getting off of that rifle, was either BS or my chronograph was broken or someone put pixie dust on it.

I told him it had been done by Bob West. he apologized in a PM, and told me if Bob West did it, then I had an excellent rifle.
He knew the name well.
I so enjoyed visiting with Bob West. He built my left handed model 70 in .375 H&H for me. Bob was a lefty also.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (260Remguy, 1_deuce, 260madman, 280shooter, 1minute, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,531
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.