K
Any recommendations for a decent Bino harness for a 10x40
Thanks

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not the cheapest, but very functional:

https://alaskaguidecreations.com/products/alaska-classic-hbs-with-m-a-x-pocket

I've been using one for 3 seasons now holding 10x40 Leupolds and Swarovski. Holds all my 1st line stuff that I want close and is very comfortable. The phone holder on top is awesome especially if you're using a ballistic app on your phone.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had several sent to me to use

Marsupial is my favorite

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a AGC and a marsupial. I like the marsupial better and wear it. They both are pretty much bomb proof for my use but the AGC is super durable. The marsupial is just a better fit for me and holds just what I need. I prefer the way it opens to the AGC as well. I use the AGC for my spare bino case. A bino harness is about as personal choice as your boots. There are many options to choose from. You will get all kinds of opinions.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
K
kenacp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks for the suggestions!

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've watched others use these gadgets on hunts and never could see a good reason for even trying one. The wide factory strap that came with my Swaro EL 10x42 ten years ago works very well. Use what you like.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Badlands Bino XR works well for me

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Have the marsupial and AGC and keep going back to the AGC.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have the FHF Pro M bino harness. Use it with my GPO 10x50 Rangeguide binoculars.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
More important than brand comparison is to decide if you like frontward or backwards opening of the harness lid. Years ago, before these things got popular, you could only get the backwards opening style but now it seems there is a heavy trend towards the frontward openers.

Go figure but it's worth trying one of each style to decide which you prefer before dropping the kinda coin they are going for these days.

I've played with and owned several and north of $100 in price I've yet to see any junk, just minor design differences.

Good luck.

"Giving freaks a pass is the oldest tradition in Montana."
Thomas McGuane
IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I currently use a Marsupial and like it a lot. I also have a Mystery Ranch, but I didn't like the thinner straps. It sits on the shelf after only a few uses. Like others have mentioned, it's personal preference. I find some to be just too large and bulky. I don't need pockets and pouches all over the place. Just like I don't need a velcro square on my shirt or backpack. The burrs gather easily enough without additional help.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TexasBBQ
More important than brand comparison is to decide if you like frontward or backwards opening of the harness lid. Years ago, before these things got popular, you could only get the backwards opening style but now it seems there is a heavy trend towards the frontward openers.

Go figure but it's worth trying one of each style to decide which you prefer before dropping the kinda coin they are going for these days.

I've played with and owned several and north of $100 in price I've yet to see any junk, just minor design differences.

Good luck.

If you bowhunt, or value one hand operation, forward opening is the only way to go. Quiet material, not cordura, is also important.

I like the Kuiu pro. I have one in Large I’d make you a good deal on if interested.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 08/13/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting topic. I spent last night looking at bino harnesses and chest rigs. I have an FHF bino harness. It has worked well. I decided this year instead of stuffing my rangefinder, extra shells, compass, windicator, cow call into my pants pockets, my bino rig was going to carry all that for easy access. Plus I want it low profile, as in minimal as I can get. I've seen guys with giant chest rig/harnesses and they look like they have 1/2 their day pack hanging on their chest. Pass for me.

I had a Mystery Ranch little accessory pocket that attached to to side of my FHF which holds my rangefinder perfectly. The small zipper pocket inside holds 5 extra shells. It has a little elastic mesh side doohickey for my windicator bottle. I can put my compass in my pocket or find another way to carry it. I do carry a cow call on every elk hunt. I've stopped elk that I've jumped with a quick cow call.

If I was to buy another, I'd look at the Kuiu bino harness. It is a modular system. I've looked at the Alaska Guide models but even after watching the videos can't get a good sense for how big they are. The video makes them look semi rigid and I wonder how low profile they are. TandK Hunting also has an interesting harness that looks modular as well.

I wouldn't bet that I don't order the Kuiu soon.....

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Marsupial or FHF

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I sometimes use my badlands.. but very often I use one of these rick young covers with a traditional harness ( not the strings that RY sells). Its super minimal and lightweight. I have two different sizes one for my 8x32's and one for my 10x42s.

https://rickyoungoutdoors.com/ultra-light-bino-cover/

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
As was previously said, personal preference and comfort should be the deciding factor. Personally, I really like the Rick Young bingo harness and have used two extensively. It has a very wide range of adjustment, securely holds my binos and keeps them out of the way when not in use. The only downside is the lack of a cover, which is sold separately. I usually tusk the glasses into my coat and have never felt the lack of a cover as a disadvantage.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kenacp
Any recommendations for a decent Bino harness for a 10x40
Thanks

Have you looked at the GPO Binocular Harness Pro A112?

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
K
kenacp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
All good info. Looking them over, but nothing beats a first hand users advise.
Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Question on the Marsupial packs - does the magnet affect your GPS, cell phone, or compass?

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Made a web belt hook for my binos. never did add the strap to secure it. 1/8 steel and plastic hose for cover.
Cost about $3.00

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 39 invisible), 1,791 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,048
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.