Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by JPro
I generally say we just have to survive July and August here, and if we can make it to mid-September we are back in bearable temperatures. Our cabin-fever is in the summer, not January/February. If you aren't out on the water, nobody here want's to do jack squat outdoors. The rest of the year is usually pretty decent.

I usually have the rifle range to myself these days. (North of 190 on 95, east to west between Lawtell and Eunice)

I had the range to myself yesterday. It was 99’ in Alabama. I was working up loads with Varget and H1000 and R23 in a few different cartridges. I was just wondering what I could expect the differences in velocities, come a cold November morning in Missouri with temps in the high 20’s, will be??

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Been hot and Humid at home the last 3 weeks but the high humidity was more the problem. Drove to work today and it was 108 just South of Jackson MS. Hottest I have been in since 79 and 80. 1980 was a brutal summer here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JPro
I generally say we just have to survive July and August here, and if we can make it to mid-September we are back in bearable temperatures. Our cabin-fever is in the summer, not January/February. If you aren't out on the water, nobody here want's to do jack squat outdoors. The rest of the year is usually pretty decent.

You right about that! July & August don't care for those 2 months here in the deep south my favorite months here are November-May.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm going to try and beat the heat and be on the road by 5:15AM.

Gotta go move a bunch of BLM cows to the CMR.

It was really nice today and last weekend. Not bad at all, baled grass hay until 3 this afternoon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Herer in Big D the other day:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Kevin - looks like you'd better be looking for a gas pump!
smile
A/C don't work when the engine stops! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
Predicted High here in the Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon tomorrow...

113 on Tuesday and 112 on Wednesday...

wonder how the folks in Phoenix and L.A. will be doing.

They are talking of highs at 110 or over, thru Friday... but then once again, weather people like the rest of news people LOVE to use the power of the shock factor, and delight in the attention they get by the people who's lives revolve around their
every word.

Heck was out working on the truck and a trailer today. The high was 105 degrees. Never really noticed except when they were talking about it on the radio. Guess I'll drop into the pool once or twice to cool down .or go in under a cold shower.

as long as they don't pull brown outs and folks will have to do without A/C. don't think this area is targeted yet by the leftists, and blaming it on 'Climate change"....

You guys east of here in Montana and the Upper Midwest... you should see all of this in a day or two...but probably not this high.. Might take some time off and go over to the coast where it will be a lot cooler...probably low to mid 80s.
We were invited to a family gathering in Grants Pass this week. The big doings is Tuesday - hot hot hot. We weren't able to go and we're not regretting it. We'd be taking a camp trailer and while it has a/c, I doubt it would keep up with 110+.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Mark, but I've got a full tank now.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here in Phoenix I have been starting my mornings with mountain bike rides near the house followed with trimming mesquites and palm trees for our bulk trash pickup next week. Pretty warm, with no monsoon rains to speak of.

On the plus side, the trails are not crowded at all!

Last edited by MikeS; 08/14/23.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
John just another day in paradise. grin

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Thanks Mark, but I've got a full tank now.
Mostly sunny and into the mid 60s here.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't rub it in.

- Del Gue
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Alaska sucks donkey balls. I kill for some 110 degree weather..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Smoke here from the fires adds to the "fun" of 102 degrees . . . . . .

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (300_savage, 2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 338reddog, 204guy, 1lessdog, 17 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,912
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.