G
anybody use them

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
What brand do they sell?
You could research and see who makes them.
Alot of the units come from the same Manufacture.

W
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
W
It use to be they would sell the product but you had to get an installer. Better off to go directly to a HVAC shop that sells/installs that brand if that's what you want..

Lennox has been in business making A/C products for years, a reputable company with good products.

Last edited by Whokalouie; 08/14/23.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They sell Lennox at our store

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Be vary wary of Big Box heating/plumbing "deals". They are only a point of contact for salesmen to get a foot in your door and talk you into something way more costly than it oughta be! Then they sub it out to the low bidder. I have been involved in repairs to new systems done wrong by the Big Box scams. Whokalouie is correct when recommending hiring a local shop that services and sells the equipment. A crappy install can make the best equipment fail or not perform.

IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I went with a Lennox system from Costco 12 years ago. I would not do it again. A heating and air conditioning system should be good for at least 15 years, and I've seen them go much longer. I haven't had any problems with the gas furnace, but the air conditioning failed twice despite regular maintenance. I had to replace the heat exchanger in the air conditioner for leaks which is really inexcusable. The temperature changes across the AC heat exchanger aren't large enough to break it from thermal stress. As for the installation crew Costco used, when I tried to use them for maintenance the following year the technician got confrontational with my wife and had to be ordered off the property. The next time I replace the system I will use the local shop I have doing the maintenance now.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Years ago, I purchased an AC system. Costco was not close for a couple of reasons, one being that they pushed state-of-the-art systems that didn't provide enough benefit for the cost. The route we went was to get a private, experienced installer referred to me by our plant's sr. facilities manager. I bet if you happen to have such a person in your network of connections at least somewhat nearby, they maybe can steer you towards a no-BS, low-overhead outfit. If I recall correctly the difference was something like $7k below the nearest Costco quote.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RocketScientist
I went with a Lennox system from Costco 12 years ago. I would not do it again. A heating and air conditioning system should be good for at least 15 years, and I've seen them go much longer. I haven't had any problems with the gas furnace, but the air conditioning failed twice despite regular maintenance. I had to replace the heat exchanger in the air conditioner for leaks which is really inexcusable. The temperature changes across the AC heat exchanger aren't large enough to break it from thermal stress. As for the installation crew Costco used, when I tried to use them for maintenance the following year the technician got confrontational with my wife and had to be ordered off the property. The next time I replace the system I will use the local shop I have doing the maintenance now.

Lennox is all it is cracked up to be either. Our local Costco is using a local guy to install them and they say it upfront, It is very easy to price shop three guys and go with what you are more comfortable with.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I talked to a technician who installed and serviced multiple brands. He said he installed Bryant in his house. He said he Bryant quality is right there with the best, but the real benefit is ease of maintenance and service and readily available quality parts for a good price.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
PB must be a regional thing on Brand. A lot of Trane , Rudd,American Standard are sold in this area. Of course when the house is a new build the cheapest system the builder gets goes in.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Bryant is made by Carrier

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Gunsmoke watching, ice cream eating Boomers love Lennox because they get duped by that install mascot. They think a real life tradesman in a dipshît Andy Capp newsboy hat, Casey Jones overhauls and red bandana is going to be doing the trusted install. LOLOLOLOL
What a whimsical fantasy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gene270
anybody use them

Who’s responsible for warranty work and/or service down the road? We’ve had roughly 150 systems installed in the last 24 mo the ranging from 2 ton Residential to commercial RTU’s by two different companies, both extremely reputable and you’d be surprised the times we needed to use the warranty due to issues with new equipment (Lennox, carrier, trane, York and Heil).

I’d make sure the support after the sale was as good as the upfront cost.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Gunsmoke watching, ice cream eating Boomers love Lennox because they get duped by that install mascot. They think a real life tradesman in a dipshît Andy Capp newsboy hat, Casey Jones overhauls and red bandana is going to be doing the trusted install. LOLOLOLOL

^^^^

Oh boy.....
This oughta draw out some simmering butthurts in so many ways....

🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣👊🏻🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I’ve seen that guy at a Turkey shoot.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I’ve seen that guy at a Turkey shoot.

Seen him doing a woodworking show also.

Had a model train set up for a background also..

🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
When we lived up north heating, of course, was more critical than AC. Down here it's just the opposite. In either case, I think it pays to do your homework and find a solid, reliable local outfit that's been in business a while, has excellent references, can be relied on to show up fast when things are down in the dead of winter or the heat of summer, and will go to bat for you with the manufacturer if something fails (which seems to happen with even the top brands of HVAC equipment. ) If you've don't go with someone like that, then you're likely to find yourself at 2:00 AM some below zero Sunday morning in January thinking maybe that money you think you saved up front wasn't that much after all.

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Plumdog
Be vary wary of Big Box heating/plumbing "deals". They are only a point of contact for salesmen to get a foot in your door and talk you into something way more costly than it oughta be! Then they sub it out to the low bidder. I have been involved in repairs to new systems done wrong by the Big Box scams. Whokalouie is correct when recommending hiring a local shop that services and sells the equipment. A crappy install can make the best equipment fail or not perform.

^^^ THIS !!! ^^^

Goes for Lowe's, Home Depot, etc., too

Need to be wary of some local 'home town' dealers / installers, as well, as they aren't always the best deal or installers...

BT - DT ...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,930
Posts18,498,641
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.