Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Osky
Those are beauties Bee…..

Osky

Hi Osky, for the record, I did not kill those wolves, I got the pictures from the interweb.

The only animal that is more elusive than a wolf that I have seen in the bush is a Lynx.

Wolves are Super Intelligent, and the only people that kill wolves, are typically people that focus on them and spend a lot of time in the bush hunting them.

Cheers ~

KB

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Looks like a Bobcat to me.

Picture sucks. Looks like some sort of cat to me as well. Adolescent mountain lion?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Did it say how much any of those wolves weigh?
Those guys appear to be lifting dead animals that weigh more than them.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No but Here is the largest wolf ever killed (some say) it weighed in at 230 lbs. and was taken in Drayton Valley, Alberta in 2012. I have hunted Drayton Valley personally. 1 1/2 hour drive from my home.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/15/23.

KB

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The picture the OP posted is a bobcat.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Picture sucks. Looks like some sort of cat to me as well. Adolescent mountain lion?
The first thought I had was cat as well.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
2 weeks ago my wife and I were in NY heading towards Altmar outside of Williamstown and had a wolf run across Rt 13 in front of us. It was a large blackish colored one. It had too large of a body, long legs and a big head with a very long stride to be anything but one. It was around 6pm broad daylight about 30 yards in front of us running across the road. Pretty amazing animal.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
It’s a cupacabra. Taken by the same people who photograph bigfoot.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Here are a few Wolves from Alberta, hard to mistake one for a tiny Yote!

Damn!

Are those particularly large wolves or a different strain of wolf? They look a lot bigger than the timber wolves in local zoos or seen posted up from trail cams around here.

I call the Strain Big MF'in Moose Killing Wolves lol
None of em’ looked like they missed many meals.

Oh they do not miss many meals, here is some simple facts.

It has been estimated that wolves consume around 10 pounds of meat per day, on average.

The average wolf pack in Alberta is 12 wolves

Each wolf kills an average of 50 deer per year, to survive

1 Average Wolf Pack kills 600 deer per year!

The Average wolf pack will kill and eat around a hundred moose in a year.

When wolves show up Ungulates take a beating, unless they leave the area, they are dead, I can tell you stories that would really piss you off.

Kill Every Wolf On Sight!
I have no doubt that’s correct.

Our DNR claims that wolves have little impact on deer because they mostly target beavers as a prey species. Ya right. Nobody believes that but the DNR keeps towing that line.

I have own property in the Eastern UP for several decades got it when there were no wolves in my property....now there are no deer and wolves travel regularly threw....
All wildlife is eaten by wolfs ....back in the early 90's during the winter I would feed around 200 deer now I feed 7-12 most winters.....there would be deer tracks on my hole proptery 330 acres back in the 90's only tracks seen now are around the house by the feeders.....
All the other wildlife has suffered it's rare to see a grouse in the 90's I shot a couple hundred a year....many days my 5 grouse limit and could have shot more now I'am lucky to shoot enough for a dinner in a week of hunting.....

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

It's interesting to hear what people see in a blurry photo.

It was definitely a canine. I looked at it for several seconds through a 14X scope. As you can see in the pic, I had a perfect broadside shot at that moment, and had one earlier when the rifle was at my shoulder. I didn't fire because whatever it was, it was obviously not a regular coyote.

I think it was probably a hybrid of some sort. Coyote-wolf, coyote-dog, wolf-dog, dunno.

No way in Hell it was a cat.

At this point, I'll call it a northern strain of chupacabra.

IC B3

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yote

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Umm, no.

Wow!

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

It's interesting to hear what people see in a blurry photo.

It was definitely a canine.

I was getting a chuckle out of the comments about it's a bobcat, cougar, shetland pony, whatever... Especially when the guy who actually watched, could have shot, and photographed the critter said it was canine.

Reminds me of a saying from guy who used to post on here. It went something along the lines of, "If you post a question about the best way to cook a steak, you'll quickly find out what you really want is chicken."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No but Here is the largest wolf ever killed (some say) it weighed in at 230 lbs. and was taken in Drayton Valley, Alberta in 2012. I have hunted Drayton Valley personally. 1 1/2 hour drive from my home.

Damn! Q.) What does a wolf like this eat? A.) Anything it wants!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Been scouring the net for hybrid wolf/coyote/dog pics.

This is the closest thing I’ve found. Mine had slightly longer legs, I think, but the head and body shape seems right. It’s a coyote/German Shepherd hybrid.

[Linked Image]

People actually intentionally breed these for pets.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Osky

Hi Osky, for the record, I did not kill those wolves, I got the pictures from the interweb.

The only animal that is more elusive than a wolf that I have seen in the bush is a Lynx.

Wolves are Super Intelligent, and the only people that kill wolves, are typically people that focus on them and spend a lot of time in the bush hunting them.

Cheers ~

Osky

Cheers ~

All true Bee.. I’ve watched the wolf population explode around my bear camp in northern MN, to the devastation first of the moose then the deer.
Our temps get cold like yours but I think it’s your longer winter period as whole that gets your wolves furred up much better than ours.
I saw two here that were over 100lbs dead on the ground. That’s a lot of wolf. I think Ive seen heavier on the hoof here but that is speculation.

Osky

* edit to add people rarely believe how hard wolves can be on black bears as well.

Last edited by Osky; 08/16/23.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Here are a few Wolves from Alberta, hard to mistake one for a tiny Yote!

Damn!

Are those particularly large wolves or a different strain of wolf? They look a lot bigger than the timber wolves in local zoos or seen posted up from trail cams around here.

I call the Strain Big MF'in Moose Killing Wolves lol
None of em’ looked like they missed many meals.

Oh they do not miss many meals, here is some simple facts.

It has been estimated that wolves consume around 10 pounds of meat per day, on average.

The average wolf pack in Alberta is 12 wolves

Each wolf kills an average of 50 deer per year, to survive

1 Average Wolf Pack kills 600 deer per year!

The Average wolf pack will kill and eat around a hundred moose in a year.

When wolves show up Ungulates take a beating, unless they leave the area, they are dead, I can tell you stories that would really piss you off.

Kill Every Wolf On Sight!
I have no doubt that’s correct.

Our DNR claims that wolves have little impact on deer because they mostly target beavers as a prey species. Ya right. Nobody believes that but the DNR keeps towing that line.

I have own property in the Eastern UP for several decades got it when there were no wolves in my property....now there are no deer and wolves travel regularly threw....
All wildlife is eaten by wolfs ....back in the early 90's during the winter I would feed around 200 deer now I feed 7-12 most winters.....there would be deer tracks on my hole proptery 330 acres back in the 90's only tracks seen now are around the house by the feeders.....
All the other wildlife has suffered it's rare to see a grouse in the 90's I shot a couple hundred a year....many days my 5 grouse limit and could have shot more now I'am lucky to shoot enough for a dinner in a week of hunting.....
STOP RIGHT THERE,, BrentD was an international expert on wolves, wolves have ZERO effect on deer and other animals .!.!.! smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Some say" ..... Shaman?

Taint a chance in hell that weighed 230lbs - or even close to 200lbs. A ridiculously-large-freak-of-nature male might, MIGHT, get to 150-165.

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The chit people will believe, eh?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wolf weights seem to get doubled pretty quickly in a pic and even more when spread on the 'net. Especially when the pic is the bear-hug type or the proud hunter is sitting back aways from the beast.

A buddy of mine killed a nice adult male wolf last March. He is a non-BS type guy that has real experience and doesn't embellish. The wolf weighed right at 100 lbs. People seeing his pics will often make comments like, "Wow! "175 lb'er" or bigger.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1badf350, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,439
Posts18,489,434
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.