Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by batch
More practical is there is a ten round limit on magazines, few places off limit.

Pretty sure there is no capacity limit in NM. They were trying for 9, but I believe it failed.

From what I’ve seen of NM, is can be a very pretty state from a geography perspective but the towns are mostly a total dumpster fire. I’ve always wanted to explore the NM Rockies more, but every time I drive through the state I’m ready to leave.

Last edited by K1500; 08/15/23.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The rougher the neighborhood the better the tacos

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Gallup on a Saturday night.

I could only imagine. Dodging drunks all night. Ate well at Ella's in Reserve NM many times.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I carried a Glock 43 the whole length of NM this spring. I know open carry is legal there; I didn’t look into mag limits as my little backpacking gun only holds 6 + 1. I bought my first real gun in ABQ in the late 70’s as a teenager. Not even sure I had to show an ID. Had that rifle behind the seat of my truck all through high school. How times have changed. Ugh.

NM is a complex place. Those who know, know what I mean. I’m not going into it too deep here. If ever there was a place to keep front-of-mind that other folks can be living in a whole other cultural reality than yours, yet be just as American as you are, it’s there. The town I grew up in has the oldest church in North America. The place (NM) is just steeped in history, much of it very dark. I can and have taken people to places, just random-seeming places in the desert, where you are literally crunching along on the shards of those who came before you. In NM, almost unique in this way, many of those cultures are still more or less intact, albeit not always thriving. It’s heavy. It’s real. It’s gorgeous. It’s New Mexico.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The Four Corners area is nice.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The climate is great

The political climate, not so much

People are fleeing to red states in droves.

Sad

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I carried a Glock 43 the whole length of NM this spring. I know open carry is legal there; I didn’t look into mag limits as my little backpacking gun only holds 6 + 1. I bought my first real gun in ABQ in the late 70’s as a teenager. Not even sure I had to show an ID. Had that rifle behind the seat of my truck all through high school. How times have changed. Ugh.

NM is a complex place. Those who know, know what I mean. I’m not going into it too deep here. If ever there was a place to keep front-of-mind that other folks can be living in a whole other cultural reality than yours, yet be just as American as you are, it’s there. The town I grew up in has the oldest church in North America. The place (NM) is just steeped in history, much of it very dark. I can and have taken people to places, just random-seeming places in the desert, where you are literally crunching along on the shards of those who came before you. In NM, almost unique in this way, many of those cultures are still more or less intact, albeit not always thriving. It’s heavy. It’s real. It’s gorgeous. It’s New Mexico.

Oh so you grew up in Santa Fe. Explains why you are a homo.

That being said, I'll agree with you that it is a unique landscape and a very spiritual land once you leave the cities behind, as well as being an incredibly complex land. I lived there from the age of two until I was 15 or 16. Went back every summer until I graduated high school. It is truly the Land and Enchantment. It just takes time to see.

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 08/16/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody know of any good places to eat ?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

That being said, I'll agree with you that it is a unique landscape and a very spiritual land once you leave the cities behind, as well as being an incredibly complex land. I lived there from the age of two until I was 15 or 16. Went back every summer until I graduated high school. It is truly the Land and Enchantment. It just takes time to see.

No, I did not grow up in Santa Fe.

Where did you live from 2 to 15?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Yes!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

Outside of Rio Rancho. I had grandparents who lived outside of Roswell in Chavez county. I have family in Gran Quivira, Hobbs, outside of Las Cruces. One rich uncle who married a Pueblo chick in Taos.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks. I grew up in Socorro, not far south of you. I was just in the ABQ a couple months ago, after our big hike. It’s still a shïthole, haha. Lived there for some years, going to UNM.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Outside of Rio Rancho. I had grandparents who lived outside of Roswell in Chavez county. I have family in Gran Quivira, Hobbs, outside of Las Cruces. One rich uncle who married a Pueblo chick in Taos.

“Outside” of Rio Rancho could be a double wide on the mesa

Can you be more specific?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks. I grew up in Socorro, not far south of you. I was just in the ABQ a couple months ago, after our big hike. It’s still a shïthole, haha. Lived there for some years, going to UNM.

When were you at UNM?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by K1500
Originally Posted by batch
More practical is there is a ten round limit on magazines, few places off limit.

Pretty sure there is no capacity limit in NM. They were trying for 9, but I believe it failed.

From what I’ve seen of NM, is can be a very pretty state from a geography perspective but the towns are mostly a total dumpster fire. I’ve always wanted to explore the NM Rockies more, but every time I drive through the state I’m ready to leave.

Thank you, I'm always willing to learn.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

“Outside” of Rio Rancho could be a double wide on the mesa

Can you be more specific?

One of the non res properties close to Loma Barbon. Small house.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Still love going to Dion's, Rudy's and Whataburger. Best Mexican place in ABQ is Monroe's. My picture is on the wall. Sadie's is pretty good too.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

I was just in the ABQ a couple months ago, after our big hike. It’s still a shïthole,

laugh laugh

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, c’mon. Narrow the question a little. Good places to eat WHERE? Or did I miss an earlier post.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (160user, 21, 204guy, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,548
Posts18,531,407
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.