Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A friend is considering a moose hunt with Henry Tiffany IV of Alaska Perimeter Expeditions. Would welcome any knowledge, reviews, or opinions regarding this outfitter who runs moose hunts in the Brooks Range.

Thanks in advance.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Henry is a long time Master guide. I hunted with a guide who went out on his own who started with Henry. He spoke very highly of him.

I think Henry is also on the APHA board and an active member. I think he will put on a good , safe hunt.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy smokes 29k for a moose hunt..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A lot of them are well over $30 grand now. Markets moving faster than a guy can save for.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was taken aback by the price too although it’s been years since I looked. Thanks for the info. Keep them coming if you can or PM me.

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 79S

Well, with .gov Covid "print more money faster", inflation is NOT 8% - some items I have been buying/ looking at are up 300% in a year.

FJB

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Hell, MOOSE RAMBLE ALONG THE ROADS IN SOME PLACES, JEEZ GOTTA BE A GREAT HUNT TO SPEND THAT (HELL, i'LL SHUT UP, AIN'T MY MONEY)

"not too grumpy"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the info. I’ll pass it on.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Henry is a good one. He uses guides that come out of the mountains from the area that he guides in. Your friend should have a very good hunt and compared to the blowhole hunts that are possible out there- he is lucky.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by oldwoody2
Hell, MOOSE RAMBLE ALONG THE ROADS IN SOME PLACES, JEEZ GOTTA BE A GREAT HUNT TO SPEND THAT (HELL, i'LL SHUT UP, AIN'T MY MONEY)
Insider info from Virginia.

LOL

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by 79S

Well, with .gov Covid "print more money faster", inflation is NOT 8% - some items I have been buying/ looking at are up 300% in a year.

FJB

Sir,

That is what you call Bidenomics, LGBFJB+ 10 times

Code Pink sucks

SUPPORT THE TROOPS
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
White Mts north of Fbks a few days ago, along Steese hwy. That treeline behind the caribou is a bit over 500 yards from my sit-spot.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

When we pulled into Fbks on eve of 7th, between the smoke and downpour, visibility was about 300 yards. smile

That calf was so small it had trouble keeping up, and mom had to keep coming back for it. I suspect she was bred in second estrus.

Last edited by las; 08/17/23.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by las
White Mts north of Fbks a few days ago, along Steese hwy. That treeline behind the caribou is a bit over 500 yards from my sit-spot.

When we pulled into Fbks on eve of 7th, between the smoke and downpour, visibility was about 300 yards. smile

That calf was so small it had trouble keeping up, and mom had to keep coming back for it. I suspect she was bred in second estrus.

Well, did you get a bou?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by las

Well, did you get a bou?
Bou who?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by las

Well, did you get a bou?

"Preserving the resource" ..... sounds better than "skunked". smile

We were not going to - and did not try to identify anything by pussypeeping or peckerpeaking. Mostly. Had to be big enough to be antler identifiable as a bull. Did not see one, in over 300 caribou, alive that is. About 20 animals came off our 3 mile long ridge, or the back-country behind - none of them big; but I saw 6 or 7 deaders that I would have shot on antler size alone - probably 4-5 year olds. They were dying all around us..

First day all of those taken came off the head end pass of the spur ridge, or over the ridge behind, so that's what I did the next day, only coming out to find a gut pile 173 yards in front of my 1st day stand site. Kinda bummed me out until I inspected. It was a cow - took a pic of antlers first, then looked at the hide. Yup- vulva patch.

I heard Protection had several "good" days handing out "participation awards".

I only saw one animal that I was 90% certain that it was a bull. Coming over a rise on the 4-wheeler I bumped a dozen or so at @ 100 yards. It was slightly bigger, body and antlers, than the others. Did not see a penis sheath, but thought I saw a scrotum as it turned away, and the butt was pretty brown without an obvious vulva patch- just some lighter colored hair there. With my luck (had I been given enough time to shoot - which I wasn't, anyway), it would have been a cow that got hold of bad moss....

It's that 10% that will get one a participation award.

Still, it was a good hunt. Seeing all the usual 10-12 usual suspects from over the last 5 years up of hunting there was OK... we readily exchanged info.

Hell, I even told the truth.....

Honey knows what we are there for.

Last edited by las; 08/17/23.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by scottf270
A lot of them are well over $30 grand now. Markets moving faster than a guy can save for.
The last remote moose hunt I went on as a 50 year Alaskan was probably close to 15 years ago. I financed much of the hunt, being taken advantage of by the other participants. The last $1200 for fuel for the 5 of us came out of my pocket, and that was just a fraction of the price paid. I'd guess that my total cost was close to $5K, and we owned the boats, and this didn't include any wages whatsoever, nor the money included by my hunting partners.
Hunting in Alaska, like everything else, is a con. Even fishing here has gotten out of control. Frankly, I'm pretty confident that hunting Africa is a better deal. Not only that, Africans might be nicer to deal with........until they aren't...........

NRA Life Endowment Member
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by las
White Mts north of Fbks a few days ago, along Steese hwy.......

Nice.........cuz' there's no caribou anywhere near Brushkana right now. None. No bear, either. Nothin' but wolf sign, and it looks like they're "subsisting" on ground squirrels.

NRA Life Endowment Member
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Henry is a good one. He uses guides that come out of the mountains from the area that he guides in. Your friend should have a very good hunt and compared to the blowhole hunts that are possible out there- he is lucky.

Where in the Brooks does Henry guide that there are people that, "come out of the mountains" to work for Henry?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Bettles.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The Poores.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,483
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.