Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
If you are using this supplement this hot summer, please tell us what you think of it.

Thanks, RS

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lesbian Mutant Ninja Turtles?

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 19352012
Lesbian Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Yeah, they just came out....of their shell.

RS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s great. A couple of the flavors are quite intense and I’d recommend doing at least 36oz for single packet.

Raspberry and Watermelon Salt are my favorites.

Great for keto and carnivore lifestyle folks too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've gone through several boxes of since late 2022. I like it mixed more dilute than they recommend. Grapefruit and Watermelon have been the 2 flavors I've tried and liked both. I don't have any muscle cramps if I'm using it. That sort of why I tried it and it worked.

I've been thinking I could probably make my own mixture, just haven't taken the time to do it yet.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
It’s great. A couple of the flavors are quite intense and I’d recommend doing at least 36oz for single packet.

I would think that with a good keto/carnivore diet (including some green vegies/salad greens) one might have enough electrolytes in their diet to not need the additives? Am I missing something?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. I do two quarts water to one packet.

I like Liquid IV too, but LMNT has no sugar.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I would think that with a good keto/carnivore diet (including some green vegies/salad greens) one might have enough electrolytes in their diet to not need the additives? Am I missing something?

Salt and potassium. The magnesium in it is kinda BS. The majority of mag isn't bio-available by oral intake. Some is.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Yes.

Here in the summer being outside water isn't enough. Let alone your diet. LMNT and Liquid IV are both phenomenal. And essential. Liquid IV my body responds too better but both are good. My body also responds great to natural coconut water as well....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GregW

Yes.

Here in the summer being outside water isn't enough. Let alone your diet. LMNT and Liquid IV are both phenomenal. And essential. Liquid IV my body responds too better but both are good. My body also responds great to natural coconut water as well....

Greg,

thanks for the reply.

I lived/worked just downriver from Hoover Dam for 5+ years and never saw the need to use what was available then, gatorade type drinks mostly. We did have to mix some Kern's nectar type stuff with seltzer water in order for our bodies to desire to drink the necessary gallon + of water a day in the summer, which started in late April as you likely know and any days less than 100F didn't start until into September.

I never felt like I needed much more than my diet provided me. Of course, once summer started for real as in days over 110F, we started at 0600 or so and knocked off at 1430 so we weren't out in the worst of the heat. We were allowed to take cooling breaks then too, as 120F+ is no fun, right.

I'm older now and acclimated to this area and 95+ is hot to this old man now, but all back through my younger years working in 100+ degrees on bald housing tracts or in commercial bakeries I just never saw a need for increased electrolytes. I guess the sports nutritionists probably have a better handle on it than 20 years or so ago.

Maybe I'll look for some that's not artificially sweetened and try it here, where the humidity gets into single digits regularly but doesn't get over 100F much. 95 is a pretty hot day here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
First 3 days of this week were triple digits, today was only 98.
I work in double panel carhartts inside a double canvas panel bee suit. Wool socks and muck boots, Hickory shirt. Digging up live yellow jacket nests 10 to 12 hours per day.
Which is to say it is hot as F*@$, and I'm sweating an almost unreal amount.

LMNT has been a complete game changer. At the end of the day I still feel good. Big thumbs up!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by longarm
First 3 days of this week were triple digits, today was only 98.
I work in double panel carhartts inside a double canvas panel bee suit. Wool socks and muck boots, Hickory shirt. Digging up live yellow jacket nests 10 to 12 hours per day.
Which is to say it is hot as F*@$, and I'm sweating an almost unreal amount.

LMNT has been a complete game changer. At the end of the day I still feel good. Big thumbs up!

You sound like me in almost every way, literally and I wear a beesuit. But I'm in Tucson, AZ....grin. It's been 98 since April...

- Greg

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Greg
I should have guessed you would be on to LMNT as well!
Generally doesn't get that hot up here, when it does is it is also humid. I know you are used to the real stuff.. But I've gotten soft I guess!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Greg
I should have guessed you would be on to LMNT as well!
Generally doesn't get that hot up here, when it does is it is also humid. I know you are used to the real stuff.. But I've gotten soft I guess!

I honestly prefer IV as it does more for me but its good stuff, and it's essential. I can hardly keep up as it is....

You ain't soft, which bee suit are you using these days? Dadant makes some awesome breathable's that are great...

- Greg

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn guys, I certainly don't envy you. Mostly I got to dress in jeans and a t shirt with a long sleeve over that for sun protection, or baker's whites in the bakery. At the job on the river I could wear shorts. The regional safety guy said if he had his way everyone would be in long pants. I'd have looked for another position if that ever happened.

In it is contentment

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'll try IV. Looked at it earlier.

The suit is a custom job I designed and had a seamstress make for me. I'm a pretty tall guy with long arms (go figure) and as I crawl around a lot I needed reinforced panels in the legs, back pocket (spray), etc.

Only two more months! Then I turn my phone off and go hunting... Paradise!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

The suit is a custom job I designed and had a seamstress make for me. I'm a pretty tall guy with long arms (go figure) and as I crawl around a lot I needed reinforced panels in the legs, back pocket (spray), etc.

Lol. Our situations are very similar my friend....

- Greg

B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Valsdad, I used to patrol lake Mohave. Were you at Nelsons Landing or Willow beach?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by brassman
Valsdad, I used to patrol lake Mohave. Were you at Nelsons Landing or Willow beach?
PM coming brassman

In it is contentment

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by GregW

Lol. Our situations are very similar my friend....

Hang in there, and happy hunting!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,706
Posts18,513,867
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.