Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Had my fill of AT&T a few years ago, switched to Verizon and for the most part no issues. Wife has to have a new phone and TMobile as some great deals but I don't know squat about them. Good, bad, and ugly????

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Had my fill of AT&T a few years ago, switched to Verizon and for the most part no issues. Wife has to have a new phone and TMobile as some great deals but I don't know squat about them. Good, bad, and ugly????

Verizon is the best around here (Virginia prepaid thru StraightTalk), but ZERO COVERAGE in WV.

T Mobile contract phone (NOT pre-paid month to month) solved our WV shortfall

Contract phones get "Priority Service and Priority Signals" vs. Pre-Paid. I know this to be a fact.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We went to them six months ago, it works out here in sticks which no one else does here on ranch, after Pioneer went out of business, we now have 5G .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About all I can say is none of them are great.

I've had no problems with actual phone service since they absorbed Sprint a couple of years ago, but resolving issues or making changes with their overseas service is a genuine PIA to get full clarity.

MM

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks for the feedback. I realize nothing is perfect, but good to know it's not a real turd too.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Tracfone.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T Mobile uses everyones cell towers.
They are alot cheaper.
Until a couple years ago, my brother who works for AT&T, had a company phone on Verizon.
They now have switched to their own company. Improved coverage now.

I currently use Verizon, no reason other than small discount through work.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I use t-mobile when traveling to South America, it has the best coverage in multiple countries down there. I thought I would switch completely over to them last month but I have terrible coverage. I use straight talk which runs off Verizon. I hate all the hidden fees Verizon seems to pile on

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I don't get as good coverage in spots near here but better reception near the deer camp. WV is hit and miss in some spots for every provider.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
T-Mobile has improved dramatically in the last 1 1/2 years it seems. Used to be good coverage only along major highways or in major cities, but dramatically better now in rural areas. I recently have traveled an area consisting of the eastern half of Texas, north to south, most all of Louisiana, southern half of Arkansas, western half of Arkansas, all Tennessee, eastern half of Kentucky, all of Mississippi, all of Alabama, the western half of Georgia south to north, the western panhandle of Florida, all of Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, and the southern fringes of south central Pennsylvania, and I was never out of cell service except for a small part of rural Georgia, well away from any major road or moderate sized city. Frankly, I was surprised and pleasantly impressed. Outside of those areas, I could not say.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B3

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No complaints here regarding T-mobile

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DMc
No complaints here regarding T-mobile

Ditto here, after watching my Verizon bill climb to unpleasant heights. 12 or so years, they may have taken us for granted. We got good T-Mobile coverage on our recent trips in spite of driving lots of rural highways in NM, CO, KS, OK, NE.

No problems with T-Mobile so far.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Switched from Verizon to T-Mobile a few weeks ago and have received no -0- spam calls. Had so many with Verizon I had to shut down my phone to all but friends. My number is the same but spam calls are history.
I recommend T-Mobile.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Verizon is the best around here (Virginia prepaid thru StraightTalk), but ZERO COVERAGE in WV.

I use Verizon prepaid right from Verizon and have perfect reception Harpers Ferry, Charlestown, Martinsburg...havent gone much further in WV recently tho ...

Would love to try TMO or ATT here round Gettysburg, Hanover and York PA cause honestly Verizons been crap lately. Theres a Verizon tower in the parking lot at work, and 4 towers near camp ...only reason I keep Verizon.

Its so bad at the house I have to turn on wifi calling or I get zero calls on Verizon. And their map shows full 4 and 5G at my address. PFFFTTT!!!

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by CashisKing

I use Verizon prepaid right from Verizon and have perfect reception Harpers Ferry, Charlestown, Martinsburg...havent gone much further in WV recently tho ...

Would love to try TMO or ATT here round Gettysburg, Hanover and York PA cause honestly Verizons been crap lately. Theres a Verizon tower in the parking lot at work, and 4 towers near camp ...only reason I keep Verizon.

Its so bad at the house I have to turn on wifi calling or I get zero calls on Verizon. And their map shows full 4 and 5G at my address. PFFFTTT!!!

I will lend you Laura's T-Mobile WV dedicated phone if you like (i.e. Test drive actual service, before committing).

As for Verizon in WV... I can see what you say regarding fringe/large cities... but the bulk of WV is totally ignored.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
A man can Google "Verizon coverage map 2023" (or any carrier).

But be advise... Coverage shown is often more bullchit than fact.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Wife and I just dumped TMobil here in Midland. Their service was spotty. So much so we would experienced dropped calls regularly while in our house. We migrated back to ATT and so far have no complaints. YMMV.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can get a signal about 10 miles out into the gulf here with Tmobil, I couldn't with att.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
You could get a phone with dual sim capabilities and run t mobile and Verizon and then you should be covered for most of the area. I may try that next I should still be under a hundred bucks

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Verizon (StraightTalk) is $495 a year on a $60 refurb phone. Less the AJ rebate... $40 a month. T-Mobile Magenta 55 plus (some program for dykes and old fuggs) is $40 or so a month. Tax write off on both.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

284 members (257 mag, 160user, 270wsmnutt, 2500HD, 21, 1936M71, 27 invisible), 12,501 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,230
Posts18,544,165
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.