Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
My 11 year old lab mix had digestive issues this Summer eating and digesting. She quit eating altogether and couldn’t even hold down water. She didn’t go from eating normal to not eating all at once. She got picky first. From the time this started until I had to dig a hole was a few days. I’d take the dog to the vet as soon as you can.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sticks are never good. I know of too many stick storys including 3 deaths. Toys. From China ? Could be paint poisoning, lead, mercury what ever the Commie bastards use. Hope the ultra sound shows nothing bad.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A lot of Dog Food Companies source a lot of filler and main ingredients from China.

Not to mention the dog was spayed a week ago, might have some of the meds still in her system.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Oeh, I think you misread the spaying date.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A lot of poor advice on the Fire. Take her to the vet, NOW!

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Not usually problems with high quality dog food (as opposed to ingredients from China with who knows what in them.) Just from this distance my first thought is internal parasites. When dogs digestive system is struggling with something feed canned pumpkin (not pie filling, straight canned pumpkin) and white rice. Often it will settle things down, end of story. Good idea to get to vet even so.

Mathew 22: 37-39

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Oeh, I think you misread the spaying date.

I thought it said she was spayed last Sunday early AM. I see that now thanks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
we feed rice when this happens.

living the good life every day
338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Update on the dog. Hasn't thrown up since yesterday morning. Fed her small amounts of food throughout the day yesterday.. Walked her last night and she took a dump, normal texture, all good. Slept through the night, no problems. Got up this morning, increased her amount of food to a half cup, from a quarter cup 6 times the day before. Walked her and and she took another dump. Have fed her a total of two cups of dogfood today so far and I will give her another half of cup in an hour. Looks like things are moving back to normal.
Thanks to all you guys for your input. Will drop off a stool sample in the next couple of days with my vet and go from there.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'm told Oak can sometimes be toxic to dogs. I keep it away from my Springers.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They will eat anything

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Update on the dog. Hasn't thrown up since yesterday morning. Fed her small amounts of food throughout the day yesterday.. Walked her last night and she took a dump, normal texture, all good. Slept through the night, no problems. Got up this morning, increased her amount of food to a half cup, from a quarter cup 6 times the day before. Walked her and and she took another dump. Have fed her a total of two cups of dogfood today so far and I will give her another half of cup in an hour. Looks like things are moving back to normal.
Thanks to all you guys for your input. Will drop off a stool sample in the next couple of days with my vet and go from there.

Thanks. That's great news

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
My 11 year old lab mix had digestive issues this Summer eating and digesting. She quit eating altogether and couldn’t even hold down water. She didn’t go from eating normal to not eating all at once. She got picky first. From the time this started until I had to dig a hole was a few days. I’d take the dog to the vet as soon as you can.

Pretty much the same experience I had with my black lab. I read where Purina made some dog food with toxic levels of vitamin D. Couple days later my dog came down sick. Urinating frequently and started losing weight. Quit eating and died in a few days. I am convinced it was vitamin D toxicity. He was nine years old. Glad to hear yours is doing better. Still watch for mine to come around the corner when I go outside.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to board with a vet. His question to many adults when Fido came in after some extended sickness was "how long has she been dying?"

Collect a stool sample and get it to the vets ASAP.

1Minute
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 1minute
Used to board with a vet. His question to many adults when Fido came in after some extended sickness was "how long has she been dying?"

Collect a stool sample and get it to the vets ASAP.

^^^^^^This in spades

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Dogs do get sick from time to time, usually because they eat something they shouldn't have. I had my oldest to the vet on Friday at 430, he's been gimping around. Nothing broken she said, thankfully. I've paid a lot of fees to vets and felt good about it every time.

One of my friends who was a surgeon frequently quipped that "Vets make the best pediatricians; they're used to treating patients who can't tell you what's wrong with them."

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1_deuce, 06hunter59, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,473
Posts18,529,410
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.