Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
E

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Colion Noir but I’d pass on that. Schools should be teaching math, natural science, computer science, reading, writing and history.

I’d rather that schools weren’t even more of a daycare and agenda machine than what they already are. “Gun Safety” curriculum would be supplied by Every Town for Gun Safety.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Never happen.

I went to school in the 60’s, we had firearms safety taught At the school, but not by the school.

There was a 22 target range in the gym. We could use it anytime before or after school, but we had to be accompanied by a teacher or other adult.

During hunting season we would bring our shotguns to school, put them in our locker for the day, then after school go grouse hunting right behind the school.

We also carried folding Buck Knives on our belts.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
liberals here would go apoplectic if you suggested the schools teaching safe, responsible gun handling.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think hunter education, fishing education(a new course that teaches kids how to be a good citizen around water and fish) and how to spend less money than you make should all be taught in school.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is one method!

They don't use that method🤣🤣🤣,
but they do teach the PA Hunter Safety course to all 6th graders in our district.
Have since the 70s at least. It used to be mandatory, but now one can opt out
with parental permission. That some do is evidence of the imports we have.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 08/19/23.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No thanks.

I have it handled for my kids.

The less time they spend being "taught" by our school system.....the better.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When I was a faculty advisor for the Air Force JROTC drill team at a big high school in Nashville Tennessee, some of the drill meets we attended included an air rifle target competition. I offered to set up a practice range in my auto mechanics shop and coach a shooting team. A local gun shop even offered to sell team members some very accurate target air rifles and shooting vests at their cost. Nope- - - -a few "concerned parents" with lace on their drawers nixed the idea!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No thanks.

I have it handled for my kids.

The less time they spend being "taught" by our school system.....the better.

It's a weird dynamic isn't it?
The schools teach stuff parents should, but don't.
Good parents teach stuff the schools should, but won't.

And no one teaches kids civil and table manner, how to speak to people,
shake a hand, make change....

Those come to mind, we taught them...ever wonder what you are missing while you
focus on others? I do.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
When I was a faculty advisor for the Air Force JROTC drill team at a big high school in Nashville Tennessee, some of the drill competitions we attended included an air rifle target competition. I offered to set up a practice range in my auto mechanics shop and coach a shooting team. A local gun shop even offered to sell team members some very accurate target air rifles and shooting vests at their cost. Nope- - - -a few "concerned parents" with lace on their drawers nixed the idea!

Understandable.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nothing wrong with gun safety but That's not the major gun problem. It's intentional shootings and crime. Big difference.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Years ago a local LE agency did a big PR push for gun safety in the home and offered free gun locks. I think they initially ordered about 500 locks to give away in what they thought would be the first wave of folks coming in and asking for their free gun lock after the big PR push. The last time I was in their doors I saw a stack of about 487 of those free gun locks still sitting there.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When I was involved in the Hunter Ed program we tried like hell to get it introduced in the Junior High and High schools almost for free. The instructors were strictly volunteers who would teach the class. Kids could take the course or opt out. Those who tool it would need parental consent. The liberal pissnannies on the school board nixed it every time.

When teaching a class, we'd ask the kids if they'd like to see it taught and they were good to go for the idea. It was also interesting that some of the time, some kids would take the class with their dad. A few had both mom and dad taking the class with them. The biggest PITA would be the dad who sat in class and would contradict the instructors on what was being taught. I had no problem asking them if they wanted their child to pass the course or not. Keep harassing me and you can leave. I'd still be in the program but health problems made it mandatory that I drop out after 16 years. I still wish we could have gotten the program into the schools.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
every kid in Russia knows how to disassemble and reassemble and shoot an AK-47.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by richj
every kid in Russia knows how to disassemble and reassemble and shoot an AK-47.

Probably in the sand-pile too.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wildrange78
Education and training are incredibly important to ensure a safe and responsible society.
Agreed as are so many other things that are the responsibility of parents and not the government.

Guns and shooting aren’t things that translate well to public schools IMO. Volunteer groups absolutely. Mandatory government ed not so much.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They have done so well teaching sex. What could possibly go wrong 🤔

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
Never happen.

And once again you are wrong. I teach firearm safety in school, we have a range in the school and we shoot during the school day on Tues and Thurs. I teach NJROTC and we have a very robust marksmanship program. But to participate in it, students must be enrolled in my class.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Be careful of what you ask for.
Any gun class run by the gov't, would devolve into the scary gun ignorance and be full of liberal agenda.
No thank you.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

R
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
This is one method!

They don't use that method🤣🤣🤣,
but they do teach the PA Hunter Safety course to all 6th graders in our district.
Have since the 70s at least. It used to be mandatory, but now one can opt out
with parental permission. That some do is evidence of the imports we have.

This video never gets old.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (300_savage, 308xray, 7mm_Loco, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 69sportfury, 9 invisible), 17,067 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,879
Posts18,538,165
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.