Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks for the reply, like you, I stoke the lighter bullets to the gills. Funny how you can take a decent '98 and convert it to a .308 or .270, and SAAMI and name brand gun builders are ok with that...but god forbid if you load a 6.5 Swede, 7x57 or 8x57 to the same pressure. Nanny state, lawyer BS as far as I'm concerned.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s interesting to me is how many different bullets and cartridges he has defined opinions on.

Who guts all these critters?

Who eats them?

Last edited by Angus1895; 06/12/23.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You read Fosters stuff and take it as gospel, you'll end up knowing a whole bunch of stuff that simply isn't true.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I've actually used the bullets, chrono'd the loads and taken game with the ammo and bullets in question. It's obvious to anybody who has that Foster has not.

Dummy.
since you seem to know more than...well just about anybody....when should we expect your book to be published?
What I know is, you don't know diddly about the subject at hand and apparently spouted off just as an excuse to call me names. I handed you your know nothing ass and suddenly you wish to change the subject.

Dummy.

who's changing the subject. you purport to know more than the author at hand yet have provided no published reference to back that up. thats par for you. you're like the Eastern version of big stick. good luck with the diaper change

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Angus1895
It’s interesting to me is how many different bullets and cartridges he has defined opinions on.

Who guts all these critters?

Who eats them?
I wondered about that too...I found an explanation on his home page that claimed he was a big honcho in New Zealand's govt sanctioned culling program. It does sound incredible that he was able to actually test all that stuff...but, in my very very limited experiences, I have yet to catch him in an outright false claim.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've actually used the bullets, chrono'd the loads and taken game with the ammo and bullets in question. It's obvious to anybody who has that Foster has not.

Dummy.
since you seem to know more than...well just about anybody....when should we expect your book to be published?
What I know is, you don't know diddly about the subject at hand and apparently spouted off just as an excuse to call me names. I handed you your know nothing ass and suddenly you wish to change the subject.

Dummy.

who's changing the subject. you purport to know more than the author at hand yet have provided no published reference to back that up. thats par for you. you're like the Eastern version of big stick. good luck with the diaper change
Geesus you're a dumb sonofabitch. Now I'm supposed to go to the trouble to find published data for your stupid ass ? LOL ! Prove me wrong you lazy bastard. You can't because I'm not. Like I said, I've used and tested those bullets and loads myself. I know how they're constructed, how they work, how fast they're going and what they do when they get there. Pardon me having the luxury of not having to guess. The description Foster gives as to the construction and expansion characteristics of the Silvertip bullet is just plain wrong, as are his chrono numbers for 150 and 170 grain .30-30 factory loads and his cockamamie, made up story that the factories load it that way so that the two bullet weights will both hit close enough together to zero with the factory sights. I'll repeat in deference to your sub standard IQ. I've chrono'd those loads myself many times. I've currently got 3 lever action .30-30 carbines and have owned several others in the past. I have shot the piss out of those .30-30's at targets, at game, at various test media and over a chronograph. Fosters numbers and made up stories are from the realm of his imagination and pretend and intended for the inexperienced, gullible and stupid such as yourself.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Dummy.

Dummy.

Geesus you're a dumb sonofabitch. Now I'm supposed to go to the trouble to find published data for your stupid ass ? LOL ! Prove me wrong you lazy bastard. You can't because I'm not. Like I said, I've used and tested those bullets and loads myself. I know how they're constructed, how they work, how fast they're going and what they do when they get there. Pardon me having the luxury of not having to guess. The description Foster gives as to the construction and expansion characteristics of the Silvertip bullet is just plain wrong, as are his chrono numbers for 150 and 170 grain .30-30 factory loads and his cockamamie, made up story that the factories load it that way so that the two bullet weights will both hit close enough together to zero with the factory sights. I'll repeat in deference to your sub standard IQ. I've chrono'd those loads myself many times. I've currently got 3 lever action .30-30 carbines and have owned several others in the past. I have shot the piss out of those .30-30's at targets, at game, at various test media and over a chronograph. Fosters numbers and made up stories are from the realm of his imagination and pretend and intended for the inexperienced, gullible and stupid such as yourself.

I dont have to prove you wrong since you are the one stating the published data is wrong the onus is on you to disprove that material using a scientific method. you should look in the mirro when you call someone dumb backfart

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Dummy.

Dummy.

I dont have to prove you wrong since you are the one stating the published data is wrong the onus is on you to disprove that material using a scientific method. you should look in the mirro when you call someone dumb backfart
I did prove it. The same way Foster did. I wrote it on the internet. The difference is, I've actually chronographed the loads and used those bullets. I call that my "scientific method" whereas Foster uses the imagination and pretend method.. I will say he's pretty darn good at his method. Being able to imagine a wedge type hardened aluminum tip on bullets that have no such thing and pretend you've actually used and understand the performance of those imaginary bullets is quite an impressive accomplishment.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Dummy.

Dummy.

I did prove it. The same way Foster did. I wrote it on the internet. The difference is, I've actually chronographed the loads and used those bullets. I call that my "scientific method" whereas Foster uses the imagination and pretend method.. I will say he's pretty darn good at his method. Being able to imagine a wedge type hardened aluminum tip on bullets that have no such thing and pretend you've actually used and understand the performance of those imaginary bullets is quite an impressive accomplishment.

almost as impressive as you're fantastic career building guns eh backfart?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Dummy.

Dummy.

almost as impressive as you're fantastic career building guns eh backfart?
Or yours playing Barney Fife ? LMAO

Oh, and that should be "your" not "you're" dumbass.

Sheesh.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Darryle
Any of y'all follow Nathan Foster? Read his books?

Terminal Ballistic Research

Nathan Foster, AKA Kiwi Chuck Hawks.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Darryle
Any of y'all follow Nathan Foster? Read his books?

Terminal Ballistic Research

Nathan Foster, AKA Kiwi Chuck Hawks.

This! He may have shot a lot of goats but his experiences and opinions sure don't jive with mine

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I read everything with a grain of salt but with interest. If it works for me in the field I tend to stay with it even if something perceived as better appears. I find his literature interesting although I don't subscribe to all of it. His analysis of fast twist rates making copper bullets perform better on game does seem to hold true

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I don't hold to a lot of Foster's writing. He lives in an area where feral goats are a problem. I'm sure he's killed truck loads of them. However, a goat, even a large billy is not comparable to an average size red stag in size, the main deer species in this country. I doubt he has even shot many deer. I think he researches a lot of stuff online and makes up his unproven opinions on that. He's not taken particularly seriously by most experienced deer hunters in NZ.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 33 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,326
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.