Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
OP Online Content
T
So, California is going to get hit by a tropical depression, that may dump 5 in of rain. Heck, I live in North Florida we get that much rain in a 30 minute summer storm. Brace yourself for the press letting us know that the heroic Newsom save billions upon billions of people's lives by his heroic management of such a horrendous death storm. A perfect "storm"to make Newsome the top presidential candidate. If you thought the press masturbation over Cuomo was bad, just wait.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FL doesn't have a hill that you can't see over if you jump a little. The difference is that LA is built on hills and there are 1000's of houses and businesses built on steep slopes. All that weight on a rain soaked hillside can cause landslides.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
MSNBC - "Donald Trump and Climate Change caused tropical storm Hilary!!"

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
FL doesn't have a hill that you can't see over if you jump a little. The difference is that LA is built on hills and there are 1000's of houses and businesses built on steep slopes. All that weight on a rain soaked hillside can cause landslides.

They were stupid enough to build on it.

Swifty
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Hee, hee....all the Nebraska folks are too smart to build on the magnificent mountain ranges in Nebraska.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

All those homes with the tiny 3" diameter support pipes holding up the cantilever will turn into bobsleds.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Hee, hee....all the Nebraska folks are too smart to build on the magnificent mountain ranges in Nebraska.

No but they be stupid enough to build 200 feet from a river that’s has a flood plain 2 miles wide and then wonder why they got flooded out. Don’t feel sorry for them either. Happens here a lot.

Swifty
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Severe weather- - - - -nature's way of culling out the slowest and dumbest of the human species- - - - - - - -

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
MSNBC - "Donald Trump and Climate Change caused tropical storm Hilary!!"
I'm almost expecting something like that. Along with the Gavin Newsome worship ceremony exalting him as the savior of southern California due to his decisive, brave, focused, and solid leadership qualities.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
What rock have you been hiding under? 16 Post in 21 years? At best you know nothing about California. It's not the rain, or the wind, it's about the saturated steep hillsides which most have altitudes of between 5K to 10k + feey. and that's in Southern California. It's all about the slides. Maybe, hopefully not, you'll be washed into one of Florida's notorious Sink Holes...

Phil

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Tropical Storm Hilary
8 AM PDT Sun Aug 20 2023
Position 29.7 N 115.9 W
Maximum Winds 60 mph Gusts 75 mph
Movement NNW at 22 mph
Minimum Pressure 984 mb

As of two hours ago it was downgraded and no longer is a hurricane. It is over land and losing strength rapidly.
WARNING::: A RAINSORM WILL HIT LA!!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
What rock have you been hiding under? 16 Post in 21 years? At best you know nothing about California. It's not the rain, or the wind, it's about the saturated steep hillsides which most have altitudes of between 5K to 10k + feey. and that's in Southern California. It's all about the slides. Maybe, hopefully not, you'll be washed into one of Florida's notorious Sink Holes...

Phil
Brokedick alert, can’t afford movie tickets, drinks homemade soda..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'm not an addict, or a trashman...

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The “we are all gonna DIE” hysteria drives advertising.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The “we are all gonna DIE” hysteria drives advertising.

That and justified demand by Newsome for 150 Billion disaster aid.

Swifty
T
OP Online Content
T
I'm sorry I haven't posted to your standards, but this isn't about the destruction that will happen, it's about making Newsome a hero, and Trump era policies the cause of the storm

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
OK
So in my area of Southern Commyfornia

The world came to an end last night

In Redlands (a small town) they were warning people of the disaster that was heading our way.

They gave free sand bags away at all of the Fire Stations and hyped up everything to get everyone in a panic.

Even my girl was panicking until I told her to mellow out that they are ramping this all up just to panic everyone.

well last night the world came to an end here.

It started raining around 2am.

and stopped around 10:30am

We git about 1/2" to 5/8" of rain with this part of the Hurricane.

Oh ya we had Wind probably 35 to 45 MPH at times.

Yep the whole area is being washed out to Prado Dam on the Riverside/Orange County Border.

They said that the rain would not stop all day here. Not a drop in 2 hours.

Maybe the next wave will wash all of us out to the Ocean?

Hype all it is is Hype to panic everyone.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
OH my God OH my God
Here is the end
It is raining again

This must be it.
Good bye World we are gunna be washed out to the Ocean

Nothing more than a good rain.

When I moved into my place here we had a storm.
It dumped 2" of rain an hour for 3 straight hours
Now that was some Rain

I live in a whether bowl all of the clouds start packing up and collecting water and the cloud dump the water to get light enough to go over the mountains and hit Big Bear.

This Storm did none of that.
It rolled in just like any other slow moving system.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Weather forecasters put out the worst scenario possible to cover their asses and then go home and 'beat-off' at scaring the DA public!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I’ve been in St Thomas VI when it got hit with a Cat 1 hurricane, and about two weeks later, just under a Cat 1 storm. 10” of rain overnight and gusts up to 90-100 mph.

Hillary is like a mild midwest rainstorm, hyped by the media: The Southland is getting Slammed! More hype and trying to spread fear over a moderate storm.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 1234, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,038
Posts18,521,093
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.