Page 140 of 257 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 256 257
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by RDW
What seems to be lost in the discussion about fasting, in this thread and elsewhere and narrowing it down to continuous fasting is the person is not starving. Without dietary carbs, and after the depletion of gylcogen the body uses the most readily available fuel sources and that is fat. And in my case, my body is "feasting" on fat. No issue with energy, no hunger pain and any desire to eat is simply in my head. This is not BS, it's well documented, proven to be successful and works well. In the case of IF, I believe the benefit is reduced insulin production over reduced calorie intake and for those pre-diabetic or diabetic worth it for better health. I believe Fung said any food source will cause insulin production so no matter how someone chooses to eat, there is still a benefit to health, weightloss and longevity by IF.

Insulin - is triggered by the presence of excess sugar in the blood - to transport it into either muscle, Liver, or fat cells.

Even if the Liver is the one making it.

Dietary Fasting - does not exist in a high blood-sugar environment.

... Starvation does.

Dr. Fung avoided Ketosis as the base of Dietary Fasting, while assuming its presence.

GR

Are you arguing a point because your posts don't make much sense....not trying to be a dk' just don't get it.

Depends on what you don't understand, doesn't it.

So what do you know?

GR

You are a dk’ laugh

“What Happens When We Eat? When we eat, we ingest more food energy than we can immediately use. Some of this energy needs to be stored away for later. The key hormone involved in both the storage and use of food energy is insulin, which rises during meals. Both carbohydrates and protein stimulate insulin. Fat triggers a far smaller insulin effect, but it’s rarely eaten alone. Insulin has two major functions. First, it allows the body to immediately start using food energy. Carbohydrates are absorbed and rapidly turned into glucose, raising blood sugar levels. Insulin allows glucose to enter directly into”

— Complete Guide To Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting by Jimmy Moore, Jason Fung

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by RDW
What seems to be lost in the discussion about fasting, in this thread and elsewhere and narrowing it down to continuous fasting is the person is not starving. Without dietary carbs, and after the depletion of gylcogen the body uses the most readily available fuel sources and that is fat. And in my case, my body is "feasting" on fat. No issue with energy, no hunger pain and any desire to eat is simply in my head. This is not BS, it's well documented, proven to be successful and works well. In the case of IF, I believe the benefit is reduced insulin production over reduced calorie intake and for those pre-diabetic or diabetic worth it for better health. I believe Fung said any food source will cause insulin production so no matter how someone chooses to eat, there is still a benefit to health, weightloss and longevity by IF.

Insulin - is triggered by the presence of excess sugar in the blood - to transport it into either muscle, Liver, or fat cells.

Even if the Liver is the one making it.

Dietary Fasting - does not exist in a high blood-sugar environment.

... Starvation does.

Dr. Fung avoided Ketosis as the base of Dietary Fasting, while assuming its presence.

GR

Are you arguing a point because your posts don't make much sense....not trying to be a dk' just don't get it.

Depends on what you don't understand, doesn't it.

So what do you know?

GR

You are a dk’ laugh

“What Happens When We Eat? When we eat, we ingest more food energy than we can immediately use. Some of this energy needs to be stored away for later. The key hormone involved in both the storage and use of food energy is insulin, which rises during meals. Both carbohydrates and protein stimulate insulin. Fat triggers a far smaller insulin effect, but it’s rarely eaten alone. Insulin has two major functions. First, it allows the body to immediately start using food energy. Carbohydrates are absorbed and rapidly turned into glucose, raising blood sugar levels. Insulin allows glucose to enter directly into”

— Complete Guide To Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting by Jimmy Moore, Jason Fung

Insulin - It regulates the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and protein by promoting the absorption of glucose from the blood into liver, fat and skeletal muscle cells.[8] In these tissues the absorbed glucose is converted into either glycogen via glycogenesis or fats (triglycerides) via lipogenesis, or, in the case of the liver, into both.[8] Glucose production and secretion by the liver is strongly inhibited by high concentrations of insulin in the blood.[9] Circulating insulin also affects the synthesis of proteins in a wide variety of tissues. It is therefore an anabolic hormone, promoting the conversion of small molecules in the blood into large molecules inside the cells. Low insulin levels in the blood have the opposite effect by promoting widespread catabolism, especially of reserve body fat.

Insulin - removes excess sugar from the blood.

Dietary sugar is first relegated to autonomic functions like red blood cells and the brain, then, with a little insulin, is stored in small amounts in the Liver and muscle tissue.

Then, with a spike in insulin, it is stored in the adipose tissue (fat cells).

Absent dietary sugar, the only sugar in the blood is that made out of Protein by the Liver and a few other organs, and any excess, with a little insulin, is stored in the Liver or in muscle tissue.

Dietary Fasting - is about the body running on Ketones and fat, either dietary or stored, and making what little sugar is required out of protein.

GR

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Smoked to 115* internal & reverse seared on the roaring flat top;

Sucketh to be me !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Smoked to 115* internal & reverse seared on the roaring flat top;

Sucketh to be me !

OMG,BREAD!!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Multigrain Baguette !!

But, yeah, bread.

Paul.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't hardly deserve to feel this good in my 60's.
Anyone can do it if they want it enough.
I wish everyone could.
I'm telling you....low carb living will change your life.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Looking good, Harry !!

Glad for you, Mate !!

Paul.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I don't hardly deserve to feel this good in my 60's.
Anyone can do it if they want it enough.
I wish everyone could.
I'm telling you....low carb living will change your life.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Great job Salmonella, you get it and it shows!

I have decided to go IF/Full Carnivore for the last 15 lbs.

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/21/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Made this Leg of Pork to kick off my Carnivore eating festival. Bring on the meat, F' the Carbs!

cool

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Looking good, Harry !!

Glad for you, Mate !!

Harry?

Harry Salmonella?

Sounds like something Garandimoron has growing in his ass crack from schiddting triglycerides on his bacon fat diet

😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

R
RHClark Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Ya'll need to eat greens for a couple days between those huge meat feasts. I do low carb whole foods and meats, but I go a few days on greens, Greek yogurt, and blueberries, big all vegetable salads, in between the meat feasts.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RHClark
Ya'll need to eat greens for a couple days between those huge meat feasts. I do low carb whole foods and meats, but I go a few days on greens, Greek yogurt, and blueberries, big all vegetable salads, in between the meat feasts.

Not according to Jordan Peterson, one of the most famous Canadians these days, notice how slim he is?

This video convinced me. I am going 100% Carnivore, period. Besides I love the chit, so there will be no sacrificing for me.

I will be eating the most expensive cuts of beef I can find, I can afford it. I will also eat all the venison I kill of course.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The carnivore diet

“ Risks and side effects

The restrictive nature of the carnivore diet leaves entire food groups out of a person’s diet, thereby excluding most of the vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients they provide.

Vegetables, fruits, and grains contain fiber, which is essential for healthy digestion. ResearchTrusted Source has found that dietary fiber can also protect against colon cancer and colorectal adenoma.

According to some other researchTrusted Source, eating red meat and processed meat is associated with an increased risk of coronary artery disease and diabetes.

A further health risk may stem from the type of meat that a person eats.

For example, some meats are high in saturated fat, which can raise cholesterol levels in the blood. ResearchTrusted Source has found that eating a lot of saturated fat over the long-term can increase a person’s risk of coronary heart disease.

For people with chronic kidney disease (CKD), following a high protein diet might be especially damaging.

StudiesTrusted Source have suggested that limiting protein intake in people with CKD can slow the progression of the condition and delay the need for dialysis therapy.

Limiting variety in the diet could also be particularly dangerous for pregnant or lactating people, whose nutritional needs are unlikely to be met by an ASF diet.

Other unpleasant side effects of ASF and LCHF diets include constipation, headaches, bad breath, and flatulence.”

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It's more about functional insulin receptors and the glycemic index of the different food groups, processed vs non-processed, for much of the theory of intermittent fasting and its benefits for many wrt weight loss if that is a problem they struggle with. Young people are much less affected... overall metabolism and activity explain much of that!

"One size doesn't fit all" applies here as well. We are all individuals with unique genetic profiles as well as "environments" in which we live. Think smokers who live to ripe old ages never experiencing lung cancer or emphysema, as well as the person who seems to be able to eat everything they want and always stay thin, often no more active than the next guy, especially as they age. Exceptions stand out for sure!

The wise man considers a little bit of everything in finding "truths"... cellular receptors matter just as much as the hormones/drugs that bind them. Think chronic narcotic tolerance and dependence and the problems it has had for society... all about the dynamics of cellular receptors and lack thereof.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
The carnivore diet

“ Risks and side effects

The restrictive nature of the carnivore diet leaves entire food groups out of a person’s diet, thereby excluding most of the vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients they provide.

Vegetables, fruits, and grains contain fiber, which is essential for healthy digestion. ResearchTrusted Source has found that dietary fiber can also protect against colon cancer and colorectal adenoma.

According to some other researchTrusted Source, eating red meat and processed meat is associated with an increased risk of coronary artery disease and diabetes.

A further health risk may stem from the type of meat that a person eats.

For example, some meats are high in saturated fat, which can raise cholesterol levels in the blood. ResearchTrusted Source has found that eating a lot of saturated fat over the long-term can increase a person’s risk of coronary heart disease.

For people with chronic kidney disease (CKD), following a high protein diet might be especially damaging.

StudiesTrusted Source have suggested that limiting protein intake in people with CKD can slow the progression of the condition and delay the need for dialysis therapy.

Limiting variety in the diet could also be particularly dangerous for pregnant or lactating people, whose nutritional needs are unlikely to be met by an ASF diet.

Other unpleasant side effects of ASF and LCHF diets include constipation, headaches, bad breath, and flatulence.”

I take my Vitamins and Minerals daily in Liquid from and have for years, for better assimilation, problem solved lol

Minerals are way more important for your health.

KB

R
RHClark Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by RHClark

Not according to Jordan Peterson, one of the most famous Canadians these days, notice how slim he is?

This video convinced me. I am going 100% Carnivore, period. Besides I love the chit, so there will be no sacrificing for me.

I will be eating the most expensive cuts of beef I can find, I can afford it. I will also eat all the venison I kill of course.

He eats that way because of autoimmune disease, not because it's the healthiest diet for healthy humans. He is lean but not particularly healthy.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Whatever, RHClark.

You guys make me laugh, personally I have a Live and Let Live attitude, no agenda here, just want to share my personal experiences.

Do what works for you and makes you happy.

Simple approach.

cool

KB

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Just don't eat anything and you will live forever...

Kent

Page 140 of 257 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 256 257

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,397
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.