Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
This Christensen Ridgeline FFT in 7mm Rem Mag was posted on Guns International during the night. $1,299 is a killer deal for a $2300 rifle.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...mm-remington-magnum.cfm?gun_id=102416971

I don't need it, but it would be a nice grab for someone. The rifle is at the Rogers, MN Cabelas. They open at 10:00 a.m. Central Time this morning. If you want it, I would start calling at 9:55 a.m. My public service announcement for the day. grin

Keith

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
😮

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nice price on the ridgline. However due to my last 2 experiences with Cabelas there is no way in hell I buy anything from their Gun Room . They Misrepresent everything I have bought from them. Caveat Emptor.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
OEH, my experience has been quite the opposite. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this rifle if I needed it. I've had two very good experiences with over-the-phone purchases from Bass Pro / Cabelas. However, the gun room at every store has a different manager, and staffed with different employees. As such, there is certainly the opportunity for mis-representation. I'm not doubting or discounting your experience. Their gun room business model invites variation in representation. For example, the employee that wrote up this rifle failed to recognize it as an FFT version. And even before buying this rifle, I would ask the gun room attendant a lot of questions to verify condition. My $.02.

Keith

Last edited by Ramblin99; 08/20/23.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ramblin99
OEH, my experience has been quite the opposite. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this rifle if I needed it. I've had two very good experiences with over-the-phone purchases from Bass Pro / Cabelas. However, the gun room at every store has a different manager, and staffed with different employees. As such, there is certainly the opportunity for mis-representation. I'm not doubting or discounting your experience. Their gun room business model invites variation in representation. For example, the employee that wrote up this rifle failed to recognize it as an FFT version. And even before buying this rifle, I would ask the gun room attendant a lot of questions to verify condition. My $.02.

Keith

I bought a model 70 SS classic from them last year in 270 Win. I ended up getting a 270WSM that had a bit of wear on the floor plate and barrel, I asked them 2x what condition it was in . It went back because they didn't even know what it was chambered in and there was no really closeup pictures of the barrel where I could see the barrel stamp.

I bought a Mark V Arroyo in 300 wby from them a few months ago. The TUalatim Oregon store. They told me the gun was like new, just sat on the rack unsold with no marks.

They took a week to ship the gun, the day it was shipped the "Manager" told me that there were minor scratches on the bolt handle. At this point it was wait and see until it got here. My FFL opened the box and told me I was not going to be happy. Bolt handle had deep gouges, the gun had obviously been fired, the cerakote was worn off the bolt body and there was a divot missing from the stock.

Keith, in my experience their employees are liars . Ed

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have had poor experience with Cabelas as well, I bought a rifle that I had shipped to the nearest outlet. It arrived in much poorer condition than advertised. It turned into a pissing match when I wouldn’t accept it.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I’ve had a used rifle shipped (at my expense) from one Cabelas to my local cabelas only to have them tell me they didn’t have to honor the price listed online.
Was less than happy with them but different store different folks.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
As I wrote above, and as these posts indicate, their business model is designed to produce variation in customer satisfaction. It certainly doesn't provide consistent high levels of customer satisfaction. Everything from grin to mad. Not the way I would run a business.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That is a good buy, though. Wish I needed or wanted the caliber.

Also I have a lot of horror stories across multiple site about qc/accuracy issues with CA rifles and poor CS.

Was looking at a good deal on one, but passed.

This post said it all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/longrange/comments/102g88d/the_graveyard_of_christensen_arms_at_my_local/

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I can't keep CA rifles for some reason. Good friend that has a gunstore told me that he has yet to find a shooter, another gunshop guy 60 miles away swears they are the best thing since sliced bread.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have seen both, I have friends with 6.5 prc’s and 300 wins that shoot incredible and I know of a couple that shoot 1.5 on their best day. I have a Ridgeline FFT in 7prc that shoots great. I think it’s a crap shoot with all factory rifles.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Agreed Hrn. I have owned about all of them at one time or another and it is a crap shoot. But some brands seem to be pretty good across the board. I won’t get into that now as it will be a good fight lol. When a brand has about a 50/50 split though it give me pause.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Rogers Cabelas is the best out of the three in MN, that's not saying a heck of a lot but I've probably bought a 1/2 dozen guns from their Library over the last handful of years.

Was just through there a few weeks ago and nothing caught my eye.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Seems like one of those "too good to be true deals". Makes one wonder if this is one of those disastrous CA rifles you read about on forums.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Wish it was a different caliber...maybe I'll sell my 300

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
They have a lot of books on dollar values. I’d be very careful with that price! Ive seen used guns higher than new guns sitting out in the main store. I’ve done a lot of business with the Buda Cabela’s before it was sold to Bass Pro. They’re like most buy cheap sell high. Had three or four gun room managers in a fairly short period. They have to show like 30% profit. Never made it much with me. At least I kept it as low as I could. I bought a lot there and getting to know the guys helped. I still had to watch them though. When something seems to be too good to be true it usually is. That is a low price especially for Cabela’s.

Aim small
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Tribow
They have a lot of books on dollar values. I’d be very careful with that price! Ive seen used guns higher than new guns sitting out in the main store. I’ve done a lot of business with the Buda Cabela’s before it was sold to Bass Pro. They’re like most buy cheap sell high. Had three or four gun room managers in a fairly short period. They have to show like 30% profit. Never made it much with me. At least I kept it as low as I could. I bought a lot there and getting to know the guys helped. I still had to watch them though. When something seems to be too good to be true it usually is. That is a low price especially for Cabela’s.

Great insight.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have not had much luck dealing with cabelas in Rogers.

Little Crow in Hutchinson is a preferred place 4 me.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
The Rogers Cabelas is the best out of the three in MN, that's not saying a heck of a lot but I've probably bought a 1/2 dozen guns from their Library over the last handful of years.

They are selling that rifle for a stupid price, if I was within driving distance I would go there and look at it in person.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 69sportfury

They are selling that rifle for a stupid price, if I was within driving distance I would go there and look at it in person.

Right, which leaves me to believe whoever listed it is a complete idiot or it's a defective rifle that CA wouldn't take back. Both of which are viable possibilities. If this was a "normal" Cabela's listing, they would be asking $2,000+ for that rifle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

429 members (17Fan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 1Longbow, 51 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,743
Posts18,495,126
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.