Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jertex Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Marlin 336A in the hard-hitting .35 Remington. Marlin made very few of these in .35 Remington with the 24" barrel, and this one is in outstanding condition for a 70 yr old rifle, with 90-95% original bluing, original wood, and excellent, shiny bore with sharp, ballard rifling (no microgoove rifling on this beauty), which is vastly superior for heavy projectiles, especially if you want to load your own with lead bullets. I will include 1 box of Winchester, factory ammo, purchased this year.

The buttpad was broken into multiple pieces when I acquired this rifle (Edit:I replaced it with a replica that had to be fitted) and it had a Weaver Classic 2-7x32 scope that wouldn't hold zero, so I ditched the scope and shot a few times with the iron sites and it shot quite consistently with both factory & my hand loads. I usually upgrade the trigger on Marlins but this one has an unusually good factory trigger so I left it alone. I ordered an oversized, replacement buttpad and fitted it to the rifle. I used the original, white spacer between the buttpad and the stock. It's unlikely that Ruger will ever make one like this, especially in .35 Remington.

Price is $950 cash, firm. I prefer a local, FTF, Dallas/Fort Worth area sale. Edit: I will consider shipping but buyer will need to pay shipping and insurance and any associated fees from FFLs, etc. Also, UPS & FedEx no longer accept firearm shipments from individuals, so it will have to ship via USPS, insured. In that case, I'll require a cashier's check, personal check, or PMO, and it will need to clear prior to shipping. If I do ship and the buyer wants the box of ammo, that will have to be shipped separately at buyer's expense. I won't ship to the anti-gun states, not because I don't want to sell to the buyers that live in those states, but because I just don't want to deal with the requirements; even my FFL is hesitant to ship to those states (CA, IL, NY, NJ, HI, MA, etc.). I'll consider shipping to your state, depending on requirements within your state, i.e. I believe that CA requires that the gun be shipped from an FFL, so my FFL must be OK with it as well if that's a requirement in your state

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com][color:#FF0000][/color][i][/i]

Last edited by jertex; 08/22/23.

Jerry
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WOW!

Very nice

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A very nice rifle! Got too many other projects going on or I would buy this right now!! This should move quickly I would think.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Tag

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice. Too bad I'm not in TX.

It doesn't matter how fast you miss.
IC B2

J
jertex Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by railman58
Nice. Too bad I'm not in TX.
I just updated the listing to take shipping.

Jerry
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Very nice and is on my list to get just not right now. Just wondering why it’s harder to ship to NY ? I have bought several guns off the fire some shipped from FFL and some not the seller just included a copy of their driver license. I’m not in NYC it’s upstate NY closer to Canada than NYC .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Could you post a close up picture of the replacement butt plate?

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

J
jertex Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Sure, I’ll be home in about an hour & will post a couple of pictures then.

Jerry
J
jertex Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by bbrown
Very nice and is on my list to get just not right now. Just wondering why it’s harder to ship to NY ? I have bought several guns off the fire some shipped from FFL and some not the seller just included a copy of their driver license. I’m not in NYC it’s upstate NY closer to Canada than NYC .
If my ffl will ship it there & you’re willing to pay ffl & shipping/insurance costs, I’ll ship it there. I hope that helps.

Jerry
IC B3

J
jertex Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Buttpad pics as requested

Jerry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jertex
Marlin 336A in the hard-hitting .35 Remington. Marlin made very few of these in .35 Remington with the 24" barrel, and this one is in outstanding condition for a 70 yr old rifle, with 90-95% original bluing, original wood, and excellent, shiny bore with sharp, ballard rifling (no microgoove rifling on this beauty), which is vastly superior for heavy projectiles, especially if you want to load your own with lead bullets. I will include 1 box of Winchester, factory ammo, purchased this year.

The buttpad was broken into multiple pieces when I acquired this rifle and it had a Weaver Classic 2-7x32 scope that wouldn't hold zero, so I ditched the scope and shot a few times with the iron sites and it shot quite consistently with both factory & my hand loads. I usually upgrade the trigger on Marlins but this one has an unusually good factory trigger so I left it alone. I ordered an oversized, replacement buttpad and fitted it to the rifle. I used the original, white spacer between the buttpad and the stock. It's unlikely that Ruger will ever make one like this, especially in .35 Remington.

Price is $950 cash, firm. I prefer a local, FTF, Dallas/Fort Worth area sale. Edit: I will consider shipping but buyer will need to pay shipping and insurance and any associated fees from FFLs, etc. Also, UPS & FedEx no longer accept firearm shipments from individuals, so it will have to ship via USPS, insured. In that case, I'll require a cashier's check, personal check, or PMO, and it will need to clear prior to shipping. If I do ship and the buyer wants the box of ammo, that will have to be shipped separately at buyer's expense. I won't ship to the anti-gun states, not because I don't want to sell to the buyers that live in those states, but because I just don't want to deal with the requirements; even my FFL is hesitant to ship to those states (CA, IL, NY, NJ, HI, MA, etc.).

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com][color:#FF0000][/color]
Beautiful!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Friend of mine's dad owned one of these guns when we were growing up. Only one I have ever seen in the flesh. Free bump for a good gun and a great price.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've the same rifle except from 1950 and the factory high grade sling swivels. Shoots MOA with a Lyman Peep. If this one is similar expect fine accuracy.
Also a very good barrel for cast bullets.

Rex

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbrown
If my ffl will ship it there & you’re willing to pay ffl & shipping/insurance costs, I’ll ship it there. I hope that helps.

I hope it works out for you. That would be just the ticket for upstate NY woods.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buttpad pics as requested

That is one nice piece of work replacing that broken one and taking the time in finding an original manufactured one. GLWYS

Guys, don't let this one get away.

J
jertex Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Just to be clear, the replacement butt plate is a replica that comes oversized & I had to hand-fit it to this specific rifle because no two Marlin buttstocks are exactly the same. In my opinion, the replica is much better plastic than the original because it doesn’t seem to be as brittle as the original butt plates and less likely to break apart like so many of the originals.

Jerry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just to be clear, the replacement butt plate is a replica that comes oversized & I had to hand-fit it to this specific rifle because no two Marlin buttstocks are exactly the same. In my opinion, the replica is much better plastic than the original because it doesn’t seem to be as brittle as the original butt plates and less likely to break apart like so many of the originals.

I'm sorry for being inaccurate in my assumption. But the fact remains that it is good looking workmanship and enhances the rifle.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have a ‘49 336 adl in 32 win special that I paid WAY more for it than the op is asking for this rifle. These early 336’s are amazing and someone is gonna get the best big woods deer rifle ever made. GLWS

Last edited by rj3081; 08/22/23.
J
jertex Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

I'm sorry for being inaccurate in my assumption. But the fact remains that it is good looking workmanship and enhances the rifle.
No problem, I'm glad it looks good enough that you thought it was original.

Jerry
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,802
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.