Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.usafa.edu/cadet-program-promotes-diversity-inclusion-across-academy-campus/

U.S. AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. – Scores of Air Force Academy cadets are ramping up Defense Department advancements in promoting respect across the military with the Cadet Wing Diversity and Inclusion Program, unveiled this year.

A team of 82 cadets and a few faculty and staff members, champion dignity and respect at the school, including Cadet 1st Class Richard Pardey, the cadet in charge of the program who grew up in Colombia.

“Every cadet has an experience, belief, characteristic or something of their own making them unique,” he said. “Our goal is to give voice to each cadet and provide an opportunity for cadets to learn about each other.”

Diversity and Inclusion cadets team up with cadet clubs, affinity groups and senior cadet wing officials to foster an inclusive climate, said the cadet wing’s culture and climate chief, Col. Tracy Parrish. The program comes in the wake of feedback from cadets after the Air Force’s racial disparity review last year.

“The program promotes inclusive leadership and valuing different perspectives to enhance cadet squadron effectiveness,” said retired Col. Joseph Looney, the school’s diversity and inclusion chief who holds a doctorate in counseling. “It advocates for equitable treatment of all cadets, ensuring they have the opportunity to thrive, and educates cadets on the cultures, backgrounds and identities of the Airmen they will lead in the future.”

Looney said the program is for all cadets.

“The Academy’s leader of character framework emphasizes living honorably, lifting others and elevating performance,” he said. “Showing dignity and respect is a cornerstone of living honorably. Inclusive leadership is a vital means for a leader to lift others and elevate performance, and the program significantly contributes to preparing future leaders to lead diverse teams of Airmen and Guardians.”

Diverse Appreciation

In September, the DOD marked the 10-year anniversary of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” repeal, ending the 17-year policy enforced by the department.

“The 10th anniversary today of the repeal of ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ reminds us that when we strive for greater inclusivity, we help strengthen our nation’s defenses,” Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III said Sept. 20. “By insisting on standards of merit and allowing to serve in uniform all those who are qualified, we avail ourselves of more talent, better leaders and innovative solutions to the security challenges we face around the world.”

In May, in the wake of policy changes made by the president and DOD regarding transgender service members, the Academy created a Transgender Working Group to assist senior officials at the base address specific concerns about the policy as it relates to cadets.

“While cadets are technically on active duty status, there are very unique things they must do within a set timeline,” said Staff Sgt. Seth Stang, a member of the Transgender Working Group. “We assist commanders in meeting the requirements of the policy while still fulfilling the Academy’s four-year mission.”

Along with organizational representation, the Transgender Working Group has cadet representatives from the Spectrum club, Looney said. The cadet-driven Spectrum Club at the Academy provides a support network for gay, lesbian, bisexual and questioning cadets and their allies, and creates an educational experience for all cadets dedicated to the retention, development and commissioning of culturally and socially competent junior officers, according to the club’s mission statement.

“We’re committed to supporting transgender Airmen and cadets,” Looney said.

Heritage and diversity months celebrated by the Defense Department are also lauded at the Academy.

Pardey said diversity makes the cadet wing stronger.

“Imagine what 4,000 minds can accomplish,” he said, referring to the school’s 4,000 cadets. “It’s time to put those 4,000 cadet minds to use in working toward a better Academy. A diverse Air Force is a strong Air Force.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Next in line to reduce the standards. Soon no HS diploma needed or even better illiterate.

Swifty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Retired Col Joseph Looney - appropriately named. Nation’s budget should provide for National Defense. Diversity and give away our ammo and weapons to Ukraine; what possibly could go wrong? Great leadership on all fronts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
For most of my life, I was proud to say I was Air Force. I'm still proud of the old Air Force. I hang my head in disgust at the current Air Force.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
For most of my life, I was proud to say I was Air Force. I'm still proud of the old Air Force. I hang my head in disgust at the current Air Force.

Same for me, but USN.

Depressing.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd be hard pressed to recommend the AF to any youngster considering these days..

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Rocky, I'm EX-Air Force as well. I was in SAC, back in the 60's. Then we DRUMMED THEM OUT !!!

"not too grumpy"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Air Force Academy has been far left for over a generation now

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Next squadron ? Gak !

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Diversity and Inclusion cadets team up with cadet clubs, affinity groups and senior cadet wing officials to foster an inclusive climate,
Sounds like a Soviet style Political (correctness) Officer to me...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I teach NJROTC in TX. Last year one of my cadets applied for the USAF Academy. The kid was basically worthless and we at the NJROTC unit refused to give him an endorsement. He is NOT what I would want a junior officer to be and I knew the kid for 4 years. His grades were average at best and he was a slacker. Not an impressive example of a young man. He got the appointment. I would not want to serve under him.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Next squadron ? Gak !

That REALLY pisses me off!!!!! .mil can fuck right off

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The U S of Gay.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
https://www.usafa.edu/cadet-program-promotes-diversity-inclusion-across-academy-campus/

U.S. AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. – Scores of Air Force Academy cadets are ramping up Defense Department advancements in promoting respect across the military with the Cadet Wing Diversity and Inclusion Program, unveiled this year.

A team of 82 cadets and a few faculty and staff members, champion dignity and respect at the school, including Cadet 1st Class Richard Pardey, the cadet in charge of the program who grew up in Colombia.

“Every cadet has an experience, belief, characteristic or something of their own making them unique,” he said. “Our goal is to give voice to each cadet and provide an opportunity for cadets to learn about each other.”

Diversity and Inclusion cadets team up with cadet clubs, affinity groups and senior cadet wing officials to foster an inclusive climate, said the cadet wing’s culture and climate chief, Col. Tracy Parrish. The program comes in the wake of feedback from cadets after the Air Force’s racial disparity review last year.

“The program promotes inclusive leadership and valuing different perspectives to enhance cadet squadron effectiveness,” said retired Col. Joseph Looney, the school’s diversity and inclusion chief who holds a doctorate in counseling. “It advocates for equitable treatment of all cadets, ensuring they have the opportunity to thrive, and educates cadets on the cultures, backgrounds and identities of the Airmen they will lead in the future.”

Looney said the program is for all cadets.

“The Academy’s leader of character framework emphasizes living honorably, lifting others and elevating performance,” he said. “Showing dignity and respect is a cornerstone of living honorably. Inclusive leadership is a vital means for a leader to lift others and elevate performance, and the program significantly contributes to preparing future leaders to lead diverse teams of Airmen and Guardians.”

Diverse Appreciation

In September, the DOD marked the 10-year anniversary of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” repeal, ending the 17-year policy enforced by the department.

“The 10th anniversary today of the repeal of ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ reminds us that when we strive for greater inclusivity, we help strengthen our nation’s defenses,” Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III said Sept. 20. “By insisting on standards of merit and allowing to serve in uniform all those who are qualified, we avail ourselves of more talent, better leaders and innovative solutions to the security challenges we face around the world.”

In May, in the wake of policy changes made by the president and DOD regarding transgender service members, the Academy created a Transgender Working Group to assist senior officials at the base address specific concerns about the policy as it relates to cadets.

“While cadets are technically on active duty status, there are very unique things they must do within a set timeline,” said Staff Sgt. Seth Stang, a member of the Transgender Working Group. “We assist commanders in meeting the requirements of the policy while still fulfilling the Academy’s four-year mission.”

Along with organizational representation, the Transgender Working Group has cadet representatives from the Spectrum club, Looney said. The cadet-driven Spectrum Club at the Academy provides a support network for gay, lesbian, bisexual and questioning cadets and their allies, and creates an educational experience for all cadets dedicated to the retention, development and commissioning of culturally and socially competent junior officers, according to the club’s mission statement.

“We’re committed to supporting transgender Airmen and cadets,” Looney said.

Heritage and diversity months celebrated by the Defense Department are also lauded at the Academy.

Pardey said diversity makes the cadet wing stronger.

“Imagine what 4,000 minds can accomplish,” he said, referring to the school’s 4,000 cadets. “It’s time to put those 4,000 cadet minds to use in working toward a better Academy. A diverse Air Force is a strong Air Force.”----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Well, that fits the philosophy of JQUBED, MrEd and LroyJetsam

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DAMMMMMMMM! I'm proud to say I was a member of the real USAF 50 years ago. Not any more- - - -used to be, only swabbies believed in "hot-bunking"! Is the new chow hall menu item going to be Q U E E R I O S? "Pour the milk on them and they eat each other!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is more than just a slap in the face for past generations that wore the brown and blue...

Woody
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That disease is infecting everything.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
We are watching in real time the redefinition of the power establishment. It starts in the schools proceeds through to the universities and into the "professional" class.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
USAF - motorcycle riding friends complained about lots of lgbtq's in the ranks 30 years ago. This doesn't surprise me in the least.
Late one evening we were hanging out on the Boardwalk - beach in Biloxi , one of their male cohorts was walking by dressed like a woman.< Early 90's.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Diversity and Inclusion,(definition) includes and tolerates everyone ..except White people

NRA Life Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,513
Posts18,472,386
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.