Print Thread
Hop To
L
Lslite Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Have asked this before but can't find the thread. Looking for a good bear outfitter in Canada. Want something with a comfortable camp, tents are ok, and some good fishing included. We'll be bow and rifle hunting.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
True North Outfitters in New Brunswick is a good option if you would like to try Eastern Canada.

http://www.truenorthoutfitters.ca/

Last edited by mpwolf; 08/18/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stickflingers Manitoba bow hunts is the only place I would consider going. He can accommodate rifle hunters at his Ducks camp. Seeing 15-25 bears a night isn’t uncommon, big bears and color phase bears are plentiful. A little more expensive than some places but the best usually are. I’ve hunted 3 times at his bow hunting camp and booked to take my son to his Ducks camp in 2025.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Get to Alberta if you can! Two bear area, with TONS of bears including some color phase.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Try Copper River Outfitters in BC. Jim Lancaster, great guy. Spot and stalk not sitting over bait. A fun hunt. Can do 2 bears if you choose.

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by mpwolf
North Outfitters in New Brunswick is a good option if you would like to try Eastern Canada.

http://www.truenorthoutfitters.ca/

I've hunted at True North. The lodge is very nice for hunting. The food is the best I've ever had. They cooked about 20 lobsters one night and challenged us to eat them all. It was impossible for us to do that. The outfitters wife made a lobster chowder with the leftovers. It was fantastic. The outfitter, Cory, will take a few hunters to their stands each evening and he cooks many of the meals.

The hunting was pretty standard for New Brunswick. Kill rate was about 50%. One guy shot a 300lb bear with a big Savage rifle in 338 Laoua with a gigantic scope. Interesting weapon for hunting over bait. LOL

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
https://callofthenorth.com/ My buddy and I went here 3 years in a row. We got bears every time. A great operation and not that far to drive.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Black bear hunting varies from province to province. Ie. BC (allowed two tags) is more of a spot and stalk using trucks/atv's. Driving logging roads and scanning cuts along the way until you see a bear and make your move. Alberta can be more of a sit in a tree stand or blind at a bait site waiting for bears to come to you.

Last edited by 8MMX57JS; 08/23/23.
L
Lslite Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
We're an older crew and the two of us that bowhunt use traditional gear. Tree stand hunts over bait will be probably be more successful for us.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bear Paw Outfitters in BC used to be really good. Took a couple big black bear with them but it was about 15 years ago.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Why not bear hunt in the US of A?

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I also recommend Stickflingers Manitoba. I did a hunt with them last year. The number of bears we saw was incredible. There were blonde, brown and cinnamon colored bears also. the outfitter and his guides were great to work with. they have videos on Youtube that will give you a good idea what to expect.

L
Lslite Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
The US would be better if possible. Is there anywhere in the northeast that offers what the Canadian hunts do ?

Monte Walsh
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
We fished here this June. It was a great experience top to bottom. They do black bear hunts too, and I wouldn't hesitate to book with them at all.

https://fishblackbear.com

https://fishblackbear.com/hunting/

The Rifle is the Weapon of Democracy
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
G00gle "Black bear hunting Maine"- There are at least a dozen outfits, especially going north of Bangor close to the N.B. border. I know the area well as I grew up, was educated and worked in New Brunswick, often travelling in the New England States, especially Maine and had many friends there. My wife was born there.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My son, father, and I hunted with Joseph Tomah Outfitters in Jackman, Maine earlier this year. We were comfortable and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. They hunt spring bears over bait on tribal lands. There's a real good chance we'll go back next year.

Medics bury their mistakes..
L
Lslite Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Lots of good info guys, keep it coming.

Monte Walsh

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (69sportfury, 2500HD, 160user, 01Foreman400, 300s, 2UP, 12 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,085
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.