OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Last edited by UncleAlps; 08/23/23.

God Bless America
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you!

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks for the headsup!

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Picked up a brick yesterday. Throw in an order of factory 2nd bullets and the regular shipping is free.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Luckily I'm not that desperate. 10 cents a primer OUCH!
Wonder if we'll ever return to sanity?

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by UncleAlps

And shipping and hazmat? These crazy prices will never go away. Still too much!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blacktailer

At some point everyone will get "desparate" when they run out of their current stockpile. Primer, bullet, powder prices will never go back down to what they were. Disagree if you will, but gone are the days of buying a 1000 brick of primers for $25 - $40. Just like gas will never go back to $1.25 per gallon. The companies know that the consumer will pay for it.

You can have all the guns, brass, powder, and bullets you want, but its all worthless without the primer to light it up. Thats why you'll never have to worry about someone coming to knock on your door to take your guns. "THEY" know its not necessary. Cut off the primer supply or the companies that do produce primers and their production and "THEY" will achieve their goal.

My point..... at some point you have to swallow the bitter high priced pill and if you want to keep loading / shooting and you'll pay whatever the going price is. Personally, 100$ per 1k only equates to 10cent per trigger pull. Thats still probably the cheapest part of a handload for most people, not including the brass.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yessir, they are expensive. By a few lbs of powder along with the primers and make it worthwhile to pay that hazmat fee. I am not out but these are the first I've seen in three years. Need to replenish and keep a base number on hand in case of further shortages.

God Bless America
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Prices I saw at the local gun show. 15$ per hundred or more was the going rate, especially for large rifle magnum primers. Vendor wanted $285 for a brick of federal large rifle magnum-match

Attached Images
IMG_1274.jpeg (18.04 KB, 180 downloads)
Last edited by RatherBHuntin; 08/27/23.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I've mainly been seeing BR2's locally. Here's what Scheels had yesterday:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 84Mtn_EER

At some point everyone will get "desparate" when they run out of their current stockpile. Primer, bullet, powder prices will never go back down to what they were. Disagree if you will, but gone are the days of buying a 1000 brick of primers for $25 - $40. Just like gas will never go back to $1.25 per gallon. The companies know that the consumer will pay for it.

You can have all the guns, brass, powder, and bullets you want, but its all worthless without the primer to light it up. Thats why you'll never have to worry about someone coming to knock on your door to take your guns. "THEY" know its not necessary. Cut off the primer supply or the companies that do produce primers and their production and "THEY" will achieve their goal.

My point..... at some point you have to swallow the bitter high priced pill and if you want to keep loading / shooting and you'll pay whatever the going price is. Personally, 100$ per 1k only equates to 10cent per trigger pull. Thats still probably the cheapest part of a handload for most people, not including the brass.

BS. You are one of the "new normal" thinkers. In time, prices will get back down to reasonable. That reasonable may not be $30/1000, but I can see $45/1000 being reasonable. I've proven many of your types wrong in the past, I'll keep doing it. This isn't going to be in 1 or 2 years though, and you better fu cking hope Trump gets back in office, or that and everything else will go to schidt. Worse than it is right now.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
and you better fu cking hope Trump gets back in office, or that and everything else will go to schidt. Worse than it is right now.
Amen brother. Let's hope the rich men North of Richmond don't come up with an excuse to cancel the next election.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

BS. You are one of the "new normal" thinkers. In time, prices will get back down to reasonable. That reasonable may not be $30/1000, but I can see $45/1000 being reasonable. I've proven many of your types wrong in the past, I'll keep doing it. This isn't going to be in 1 or 2 years though, and you better fu cking hope Trump gets back in office, or that and everything else will go to schidt. Worse than it is right now.

While that is all very positive the "deep state" has crossed the Rubicon. They can't afford to let Trump become president. Expect him to be killed. Things will never be the same as they were before Covid?Biden.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
It always amazes me that someone that “doesn’t think to take pics”, always has pics of shopping sprees.

I've mainly been seeing BR2's locally. Here's what Scheels had yesterday:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Ok. I've been loading since 2016. I stocked up when Trump was in office. Im a realist, and i doubt you'll see prices dip below $50 per 1k regardless of what happens in the future. You can have your opinions and I'll have mine.

I hope Trump or DeSantis gets in office. I wouldn't be surprised though if like the other poster suggested and they find a reason to cancel or steal this election.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I agree, gone are the days of cheap primers, I would be surprised if large rifle primers ever drop below $75 per 1K ever again and we better hope and pray for Trump to win in 24 but my guess is it aint gonna happen, I think the Lib's and the deep state have gotten too powerful...Hb

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Military oversight of elections would uncover some big surprises

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i bought cci large rifle br2 and cci 250 primers at sportsmans a few weeks back for $8.00 a hundred...powder valley currently has powder on sale ...i think it is starting to turn around some

W
WEL Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The prices will come down some if demand ever slacks off. But after covid and 4-5 trillion dollars pumped into the economy raw material and labor prices are up. Likely not to see $40 100 again. Think what primers cost 15-20 years go. We’ve had the equivalent run up in inflation the last 3 years.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 8 invisible), 1,502 guests, and 843 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.