P
Thou shalt no bare false witness.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
I’m sure the US would want China as a neighbour.

No but a buffed up Canada would be nice.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Have you ever watched a hockey game? Canadians aren’t just Torontonians

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Have you ever watched a hockey game? Canadians aren’t just Torontonians

Snicker snicker I wasn't talking about hockey.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Pussies play Hockey, Football is the sport men play lol!

KB

IC B2

R
RPN Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Pussies play Hockey, Football is the sport men play lol!

With helmets and padding and stuff? Ever heard of rugby? It's what football wants to be when it grows up.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm just flat out of my depth on a thread like this. My US Army service was non-combat (we all had to train for it though) and I've never been a bouncer. On top of all that, I'm old. I've never felt so inadequate! GD

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I thought Vancouver is occupied by the Chinese?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke

You would be correct, most Canadians I know call Vancouver, Hongcouver, just like they call Toronto, Torontoistan.

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/23/23.

KB

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by KillerBee

You would be correct, most Canadians I know call Vancouver, Hongcouver, just like they call Toronto, Torontoistan.

i was there in Vancouver in july 2023 i did notice plenty Chinese people. ???

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey pete53 I trust you are doing great and getting ramped up for the deer season.

A lot of Chinese people are wealthy and escape to Canada and can afford to live in Vancouver, which is why so many live there.

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/23/23.

KB

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The threat of a Chinese invasion of Canada is almost zero, considering they have no blue water navy.

As another poster mentioned, the real threat has already taken over the government and acts as a Communist dictator, only a pussified, metrosexual mirror image of one. I am of course referring to your Justin Trudeau.

We have the same problem here in the US. Only our Communist dictator is a pants [bleep] dementia patient, whom even in his prime never possessed the mental aptitude to be fit for dog catcher. We do have one excuse and that is the election was stolen.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our problem is that neither of our countries are capable of fighting a major war. Brandon has given away our ammo stocks and weapons, and has wokified the military so that they are more worried about what color nail polish to wear than how to fight a war. My little knowledge on the Canadian side indicates that they are somewhat in the same position. The men that fought the Axis are gone and I believe that we would be relegated to fighting a guerilla war pretty quickly. Even our industrial base has been destroyed. I hope that I am wrong, but I seriously doubt it. A major war with China/Russia would be bad for us, but i do believe that we can delay Xi's desires and dreams of a world hegemony by quite a bit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

flintlocke;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that the night cooled off for you all like it did here and that it's shaping up to be a decent day.

Hopefully I can be forgiven for a wee bit of a geography discussion, but what many Canucks who don't live in what we refer to as "The Lower Mainland" and is sometimes referred to as "Metro Vancouver" is actually all this.

Metro Vancouver is a regional district (MVRD) of 21 municipalities including the major areas of Vancouver, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Surrey, White Rock, Maple Ridge, Langley, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, Delta and Pitt Meadows.

In addition other municipalities and government bodies that make up Metro Vancouver include Abbotsford, Anmore, Belcarra, Bowen Island, Coquitlam, Delta, Langley, Lions Bay, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, the Tsawwassen First Nation and White Rock.

When looking for an ethnic breakdown of all that, I got this.

A breakdown of Metro Vancouver’s visible minority populations in 2021, as identified by Statistics Canada:

Chinese: 512,260 (20%)

South Asian: 369,295 (14%)

Filipino: 142,120 (5.5%)

West Asian: 64,645 (2.5%)

Korean: 63,465 (2.4%)

Latin American: 51,500 (2%)

Black: 41,180 (1.6%)

Japanese: 31,195 (1.2%)

Arab: 22,445 (0.9%)

As I perceive it when travelling in various communities for work, there are certainly concentrations of ethnic communities in different places. For instance when we'd do pickups or deliveries in Richmond, one would be hard pressed to see folks who were not what appeared to be of Chinese extraction to me. Similarly in Surrey, there was a strong South Asian or East Indian community.

As Killer Bee mentioned, when Hong Kong was being taken over by the CCP, a huge influx of folks from there came here, many to Richmond evidentally.

When our daughter did her teaching practicum in one of the many Surrey high schools as it's the biggest school district in BC, she reported there were very few students of European background other than some kids whose parents had left Russia or the Ukraine.

Where she teaches now in Coquitlam there is a broader mix but still many of the kids will be the only ones in the house who speak English. She said that parent teacher interview days are always a challenge.

A little more than a century ago the grandparents on both sides of my family escaped Europe as refugees, so I've got some empathy for people who want to go to a new land and make a better life for themselves and their children.

Most of my working life was beside folks who'd come here from Vietnam and India as well as a smattering from the entire globe truly.

As long as people want to come here and work hard to make this a better place for us all, I'm good.

Please note I'm cognizant that's a tall order and was the topic of discussion with many of my coworkers who felt the same way, that is to say they wanted to move forward and leave "all that stuff" back in the old country as my friend Kuldeep used to say.

Anyways, that's the long version of what Metro Vancouver is and who might be living there.

Thanks for reading and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks for the edumacation BC...when I worked out on the Island I came to Vancouver to blow off a little steam one weekend...tried to drink up the beer supply...and then needing food badly, climbed in a cab and asked the cabbie to take me to a place with good Chinese food. Well he did...he took me to a place so authentic there was a language barrier, and no english menu, sign language is a poor way to communicate when ordering food, pantomining a chicken causes the Chinese no end of amusement...I thought I was in Shanghai. But the reports of my demise at the hands of the Tong were highly exaggerated.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the edumacation BC...when I worked out on the Island I came to Vancouver to blow off a little steam one weekend...tried to drink up the beer supply...and then needing food badly, climbed in a cab and asked the cabbie to take me to a place with good Chinese food. Well he did...he took me to a place so authentic there was a language barrier, and no english menu, sign language is a poor way to communicate when ordering food, pantomining a chicken causes the Chinese no end of amusement...I thought I was in Shanghai. But the reports of my demise at the hands of the Tong were highly exaggerated.

lol!

Next time you find yourself in such a position, print this out and give it to your waitress, you will eat well!

我想点你们这里最畅销的 4 道菜肴

There is an authentic Chinese restaurant I go to often here called Good Buddies, excellent food every time, and a huge selection. Rarely do I see a Caucasian person eating there. I order their BBQ Duck as one of the plates every time I go.

KB

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
These area's with high volume of Chinese is why and how we get foreign influence/interference regarding elections.
Those "united front" members mentioned are asked, told, forced, or happily vote for a particular member, who is always an NDP or a Liberal candidate. Doing so allows the CCP to manipulate policy within Canada, that is the job of the united front.

With the largest Sikh community outside of India, it isn't a stretch to assume the same is happening within the Sikh community, but for differing reasons.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
These area's with high volume of Chinese is why and how we get foreign influence/interference regarding elections.
Those "united front" members mentioned are asked, told, forced, or happily vote for a particular member, who is always an NDP or a Liberal candidate. Doing so allows the CCP to manipulate policy within Canada, that is the job of the united front.

With the largest Sikh community outside of India, it isn't a stretch to assume the same is happening within the Sikh community, but for differing reasons.

Truer words Never Said, I have been saying the same thing for years!

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are building a Canadian version of the type 35 frigate . The Aussies who are on the front line are also building their version. It's a European design . A good one, it was even suggested that the States build it ,too. But the US Navy want to do their own design. The Aussies are also building a nuclear powered attack subs. It's brilliant American design. As for the army, it's place is our NATO commitment. If the Ukrainians are willing to do the work, give them the tools. We can use the manpower to fight forest fires and build dykes for the floods. They don't need howitzers for that.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
flintlocke;
Morning sir, thanks for the reply and for taking my thoughts in the spirit they were offered.

My goodness that'd be a tall order on so many levels.

While growing up in Saskatchewan I naively believed we had some sort of world class beer consumption culture.... and then I moved to BC! laugh

Drinking up the beer supply of BC would be a Herculean task sir. wink

But yes indeed, good ethnic food can be had.

Our daughters both seem to find these wonderful Mom and Pop hole in the wall sort of spots. When they both lived in Victoria, the eldest took me to a Japanese place where we were the only non-Asian folks there but my goodness was whatever it was that I ordered tasty!

It was in point of fact and this I declared to any and all who would listen, my new favorite food. Then my daughter informed me what I'd ordered was more or less the same as our term "barbeque" which could be almost any thing on any grill surface to any body....

I was of course crushed and despondent. laugh

For sure though when we'd do runs into some of the industrial areas of Richmond, there was very little English signage on the shops.

If you ever happen to wander up Highway 97 in southern BC, give me a shout and we'll see what local fare I can find to feed you sir. There's some decent ice cream, not terrible food and very good wine, but the beer seems to be pretty "hoppy" to my taste and the craft distilleries want the equivalent of body parts for their offerings.

Have a good one sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 33 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,488
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.