Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
LCP with laser

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If I’m wearing my Wrangler Riggs work jeans or shorts with the big roomy pockets, my Sig P365 9mm or Springfield Hellcat 9mm works great.
If I’m wearing Wrangler Cowboy Cut Jeans with the smaller pockets, Ruger LCP Max 380 loaded with Buffalo Boar Outdoorsman Hard Cast loads.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/25/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The LCP is the only true pocket pistol I have ever found. Unless you want a two shot derringer. I'll take my LCP any day! Ruger knocked it out of the park with the LCP! I have two of them and have had them for years. Nothing better for the front pocket!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
The LCP is the only true pocket pistol I have ever found. Unless you want a two shot derringer. I'll take my LCP any day! Ruger knocked it out of the park with the LCP! I have two of them and have had them for years. Nothing better for the front pocket!

Except for the LCP Max.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
There are a few pocket 380s. I’ll pass

Ruger has never knocked a semi auto center fire pistol out of the park.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Except for the LCP Max.

I'll have to try that but if it's any bigger, I don't know. But I value your opinion vey highly and I'll try one very soon! Thanks!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another good one to consider is the Colt Mustang Plus II....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Except for the LCP Max.

I'll have to try that but if it's any bigger, I don't know. But I value your opinion vey highly and I'll try one very soon! Thanks!

I looked at the Max seriously, but I opted for the thinner original LCP. It was a hard choice; I like extra capacity.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If my clothes let me manage it, the G26 will get the nod. If not, it is usually my G43.

In winter I carry my 638 Airweight Bodyguard in a jacket pocket as a BUG.

In light shorts it is often a P-32 I have had for many years.

Last edited by Dancing Bear; 08/26/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The P32 is a good little pistol, unlike some inexpensive clunkers the slide stays back after last shot is fired.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
LCP

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Just like my favorite fish is the one on my plate... and years ago my favorite beer was the one in my hand ( especially if you paid for it)

my favorite is the one in my pocket.

Flave??

lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S&W 642 or Glock 42 in a DeSantis pocket holster

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." - George Washington
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Sig P365

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
S&W 38 Airweight .38 Spl, and if need arises Beretta Bobcat 21 in .22LR

If you know.......you know

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
My S&W 632 .32 Mag rides in my back pocket almost daily. It is a little chunky for front pocket. For front pocket, you might find me with an LCP, Colt Mustang, or shudder, Beretta 950 .25 Auto.

Beretta .25

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It is a joke of a gun. But, working over 200 GSW as a Paramedic, I did see a man killed with it one time. 72 year old black mammy got mad at 75 year old black daddy, and she started firing the .25! One bullet took out the light fixture in the ceiling. One bullet went through the refrigerator. Several bullets in the floor.
And one bullet hit the man. It hit him on the outside of his upper arm. His left arm. It travelled through the arm, and missed the bone. It travelled into the chest, and missed the rib. And it stopped right in the middle of his heart. Dead Right There. Hell of an xray.

What a fluke! Had it hit the arm bone it would have stopped. Had it hit the rib it would have stopped.
I saw lots of people hit with a .25, often doc put a band aid on the little hole and the guy walked out of the ER. But not this guy.

When I was a young officer on patrol I had to bag up several people killed by .25 autos. I worked in the hood and .25’s were prevalent in the 80’s. Strangely enough, most were the same wound area. The victim had probably turned sideways and raised their arm to shield the head. The bullet(s) hit the armpit and penetrated into the heart. Quite deadly. That being said, the .25 is a poor choice for defense as most of you already know.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Except for the LCP Max.

I have the original LCP, the one just before they changed the frame size, but made after they made the improvements on the trigger pull. I like it for being so small and pocket friendly, but it's no fun to shoot. That's what I like so much about the Sig P238. It both fits in the front pants pocket AND is a great shooter. You could actually shoot several boxes of ammo and enjoy it at the range. I stop "enjoying" the LCP after just a couple of mags full.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ron you are 100% correct that the .25 is a poor choice but it's better ( most of the time ) than a rock.

Take care,
Razorhog

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sheister
Another good one to consider is the Colt Mustang Plus II....
Nothing wrong with any of the Colt Government type .380 pistols. I had the original back in the late 1980s. Loved it. I pocket carried it a lot. When the more compact models started coming out, I intended to get one, so sold my original full sized Government .380, but just then Clinton made his deal with Colt to stop producing them (along with any other popular CCW models they made) and suddenly the price on them went through the roof and I never got one till Sig started making them under the name P238.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was never a fan of pocket carry until I got a part time retirement job that requires me to A. Wear a company polo shirt and tan 5-11 pants and B. Requires travel at all hours to hospitals in rough neighborhoods. So 2 days a week I carry my Ruger EC9s in a pocket holster loaded with 147 grain Federal HST ammo.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (10ring1, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 3,496 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,523
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.