Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jbmi
German made Sig Sauer P232 in 9mm Kutz (380 for all the rest of you)
Well made, easy to carry and good shooter.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I had the older version of that in the early 1980s, the P230, marked "Made in West Germany." I was so stupid to sell it in the late 1980s. I kick myself every time I think about it. But that's a story I could tell about dozens of guns I had in the 1980s.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Keltec P3AT is my only real pocket pistol. Mine has operated fine over the years I've owned it. It even has a notch for a close range head shot on a red squirrel. 90 gr. Hydra-shok to his rodent brain pan put the tree rat down immediately.
They are underrated for small concealable pistols. Mine has never jammed.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Ron you are 100% correct that the .25 is a poor choice but it's better ( most of the time ) than a rock.

Take care,
Razorhog

I agree Razorhog! Jeff Cooper used to say he’d rather have a rock or a wine bottle than a .25. Not this kid. A .25 to the eye sockets would be way better than any rock or bottle.

Ron
As they say, the people who scoff at the .25 never agree to take one in the chest to prove their point. It's not my first choice, but I'd take one over nothing for sure.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Ron you are 100% correct that the .25 is a poor choice but it's better ( most of the time ) than a rock.

Take care,
Razorhog

I agree Razorhog! Jeff Cooper used to say he’d rather have a rock or a wine bottle than a .25. Not this kid. A .25 to the eye sockets would be way better than any rock or bottle.

Ron
As they say, the people who scoff at the .25 never agree to take one in the chest to prove their point. It's not my first choice, but I'd take one over nothing for sure. The same goes for a .22 short.

Last edited by reivertom; 08/26/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Kimber Micro 9 fits in my pocket nicely, and is accurate and never had a malfunction yet!

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some places a firearm of any sort is not legal. Knife, a bar of soap in a sock.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Not really a pocket pistol although you can easily carry it in a pants pocket. I've been through a few compact pistols and revolvers. But my favorite so far is a Glock 43 that carries a Shield 9 round magazine.
How easy was it to switch out the mag release?

TRH, it’s pretty easy. I bought a package deal with 3 Shield Arms 9 round magazines and an all steel mag release. YouTube is your friend for this kind of stuff.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by auk1124
No, I'm not talking about you cutting a hole in the pocket of your best overalls and fondling your junk during Sunday service. I'm talking about pistols small and light enough to conceal in a front pocket.

My only pocket pistol is a Keltec P3AT. I guess maybe I got lucky, mine has always seemed to function okay. But I kind of have the itch for something else. I've been mulling a S&W 638 or one of the 642 series, but the Ruger LCR revolvers and the Ruger LCP Max look nice too.

Does anyone have a pocket pistol they really, really like?

Glock 43. Also an excellent ultralight backpacking pistol.

Glock 43X with Shield mags/ mag release* for 15 +1 9mm in a format that still drops into the back pocket of most pants.

*be sure to just order the mag release when you order mags

It's concerning that violent unpredictable psychotics with self described brain damage as well as life long drug usage should not have access to firearms. We can all agree to that on here

Jeff you do k now drug addicts can't legally own firearms?

Last edited by ribka; 08/26/23.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ruger LCP

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Smith model 642 with some Lost river ammo.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
After 9/11, when they stopped allowing me onboard commercial flights with my lockblade knife, I started carrying a three inch tall, solid brass, owl statue with me in my carry-on luggage. I wrapped it up in a rugged cloth dinner napkin, and put it in a small gift box, as if I'm taking it as a gift to someone I'm visiting.

Pull that thing out, put it in the center of the dinner napkin, fold the rest back, and it's a Medieval mace.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Ruger lcp max for me

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sig P226 (I don't own a pocket pistol).

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
High Standard 101M- - - - -take the grip panels off and it disappears into a front pocket.

Great choice!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
After 9/11, when they stopped allowing me onboard commercial flights with my lockblade knife, I started carrying a three inch tall, solid brass, owl statue with me in my carry-on luggage. I wrapped it up in a rugged cloth dinner napkin, and put it in a small gift box, as if I'm taking it as a gift to someone I'm visiting.

Pull that thing out, put it in the center of the dinner napkin, fold the rest back, and it's a Medieval mace.

I quit flying after 9/11.
My little brother was stuck in the Denver Airport for 3 days as his flight got grounded on 9/11.
I was on an Antelope Hunt in NM on 9/11. Luckily, we drove.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/26/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had the older version of that in the early 1980s, the P230, marked "Made in West Germany." I was so stupid to sell it in the late 1980s. I kick myself every time I think about it. But that's a story I could tell about dozens of guns I had in the 1980s.

Those were great little guns! I had one I bought when TX DPS State Troopers traded them all in to the Firearms Wholesaler I worked for at the time. Evidently, DPS issued them to St Troopers that worked undercover in their Narcotics Division.
Anyhow, I think my cost was $225 for one that looked like it had never been fired. Should have hung on to that one.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
My S&W 632 .32 Mag rides in my back pocket almost daily. It is a little chunky for front pocket. For front pocket, you might find me with an LCP, Colt Mustang, or shudder, Beretta 950 .25 Auto.

Beretta .25

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It is a joke of a gun. But, working over 200 GSW as a Paramedic, I did see a man killed with it one time. 72 year old black mammy got mad at 75 year old black daddy, and she started firing the .25! One bullet took out the light fixture in the ceiling. One bullet went through the refrigerator. Several bullets in the floor.
And one bullet hit the man. It hit him on the outside of his upper arm. His left arm. It travelled through the arm, and missed the bone. It travelled into the chest, and missed the rib. And it stopped right in the middle of his heart. Dead Right There. Hell of an xray.

What a fluke! Had it hit the arm bone it would have stopped. Had it hit the rib it would have stopped.
I saw lots of people hit with a .25, often doc put a band aid on the little hole and the guy walked out of the ER. But not this guy.

When I was a young officer on patrol I had to bag up several people killed by .25 autos. I worked in the hood and .25’s were prevalent in the 80’s. Strangely enough, most were the same wound area. The victim had probably turned sideways and raised their arm to shield the head. The bullet(s) hit the armpit and penetrated into the heart. Quite deadly. That being said, the .25 is a poor choice for defense as most of you already know.

Ron
Just figured I'd pass this on.
https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=267
HEAVY 25 ACP Ammo
60 gr. Hard Cast FN - (850 fps/ M.E. 96 ft. lbs.)
20 Round Box

ITEM 25ACP-60 HC FN

For well over two decades (today's date is 09-21-22), customers have been requesting the development of 25 ACP ammunition that will actually kill humans. We now have it available.

Load #1 (item 25ACP 60 HC FN) features a 60gr. hard cast flat-nosed bullet that is moving at 850 fps out of these test pistols. In our testing, it appears that this bullet will travel entirely through a 200 lb. man that is frontally shot in the chest. This is lethal.

Load #2 (item 25 ACP 50 FMJ-RN) features a 50 gr. FMJ-RN bullet moving at around 875 fps from these test pistols.

I have fired many major brands of 25 ACP ammo featuring a 50 gr. FMJ-RN bullet, and they normally do not exceed 700 fps—very anemic performance.

The below pistols give real-world velocities, not hyped-up laboratory test barrel velocities that you’ll never see in real use on the streets.

25 ACP Pistols

Here are the velocities for item 25ACP 60 HC FN

> 851 fps - Beretta model 21A, 2.4-inch barrel
> 819 fps - Colt Pocket Pistol, 2.1-inch barrel
> 822 fps - Baby Browning, 2.0-inch barrel
> 835 fps - Seecamp, 2-inch barrel

Velocities for item 25ACP 50 FMJ-RN

> 889 fps - Beretta model 21A, 2.4-inch barrel
> 857 fps - Colt Pocket Pistol, 2.1-inch barrel
> 818 fps - Baby Browning, 2.0-inch barrel
> 868 fps - Seecamp, 2.0-inch barrel

These two loads are within SAAMI pressure specs and can be fired in any all-steel pistol that is in ordinary firing condition.

You should always test these small pistols for cycling reliability with your chosen load BEFORE you rely on the ammo to save anyone’s life. The 60 gr. load functioned flawlessly in the Beretta, Seecamp, and Colt pistol, but will fail to feed occasionally in the Browning. The 50 gr. load functions reliably in all four test guns.

There is no appreciable muzzle flash with a cartridge this small.

Good shooting, and God bless,

Tim Sundles

Field Proven pistol and handgun ammo. Maximum firepower ammo. Best ammunition for pistols and handguns for sale. Buffalo Bore. Strictly Business.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by pabucktail
[Linked Image]

To my way of thinking, a pocket pistol is a backup to one's primary. I also like to have a weak-hand option. With that in mind I have a money clip gun, a Kahr .380 that goes everywhere my money clip goes

There's been several people mention the little Kahr 380. They weren't even on my radar. I'm gonna have to look into them.

I love my PM 9 but there were early reports of the Kahr .380 having reliability issues. If they have been resolved that might be a good choice for back pocket carry.

Please don't feed the trolls!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A few things everyone needs to remember. You might have to use your pocket pistol in a gun fight so choose accordingly. A holster for a pocket pistol might get in the way and slow down your draw. Everyone should practice drawing and firing at 4yds, less than 2 seconds on target should be your goal.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I "think" that is KURZ, though I could be wrong. It is a cool pistol, kinda of big for pocket carry for my taste but it is typical Sig quality. A friend of mine bought one for his mother. She lived alone and she kept that for her protection. Occasionally he would bring it out and shoot it, clean it back up, and return it to Mom. I never saw it malfunction. I would take that over any Walther PP series gun every time. The Walther is way over rated in my experience.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 06hunter59, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 12,139 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,260
Posts18,544,699
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.