Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I tried to sign in to 24hourcampfire.com on my laptop and could not type it into my browser bar.instead of 24 it would show www.234
I run an update check and shut my laptop off and turned it back on and now it won’t let me sign in to the laptop again.
I can’t reset the password as it won’t accept certain numbers and letters using either phone or email verifications.

What in the hell is the problem and how do I sign into my computer?

It was working fine today until it just stopped working fine

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Reread ur post. Try booting in safe mode, clear browser history then run a virus check. I’m not an expert.

Last edited by lima1seven; 08/26/23.
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by lima1seven
Reread ur post. Try booting in safe mode, clear browser history then run a virus check. I’m not an expert.

How can I restart in safe mode when I cannot even sign into my computer ?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Clear the cookies….

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
If it’s more than 30 months old, I’d throw it in the ditch and buy a new one.

If you’re dead set on troubleshooting, PM Wabigoon for Happy Camper’s numbers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….

How do I clear the cookies when I can’t sign on to the laptop to clear the cookies or to do anything?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bcraig
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….

How do I clear the cookies when I can’t sign on to the laptop to clear the cookies or to do anything?

You have to sign in in stealth mode. Press the power button and control alt and the s,t,e,a,l,t and h keys all at the same time.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Fug that - I have Apple on speed dial..... smile

Last edited by las; 08/26/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….
Clear the cookies….

You have to sign in in stealth mode. Press the power button and control alt and the s,t,e,a,l,t and h keys all at the same time.
I prefer uberawesome mode.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Damn! The guy asked for help with a real problem. You might need to access the web on a phone or friends computer for further details.

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. If a problem doesn't happen in safe mode, this means that default settings and basic device drivers aren't causing the issue. Observing Windows in safe mode enables you to narrow down the source of a problem, and can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC.

There are two versions of safe mode: Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking. Safe Mode with Networking adds the network drivers and services you'll need to access the internet and other computers on your network.

Select from the following sections to find out how to start your PC in safe mode from Settings, from the sign-in screen, or from a black or blank screen.

Win 11 from sign in screen

When you can’t open Settings to get into safe mode, restart your device from the Windows sign-in screen.

On the Windows sign-in screen, press and hold the Shift key while you select Power > Restart .

After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. You may be asked to enter your BitLocker recovery key.

Win 11 from blank screen

Note: If you’ve encrypted your device, you’ll need your BitLocker key to start in safe mode.

Before you enter safe mode, you need to enter the Windows Recovery Environment (winRE). To do this, you will repeatedly turn your device off, then on:

Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

Press the power button again to turn on your device.

On the first sign that Windows has started (for example, some devices show the manufacturer’s logo when restarting) hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

Press the power button again to turn on your device.

When Windows restarts, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 08/26/23.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Install linux.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tried to sign in to 24hourcampfire.com on my laptop and could not type it into my browser bar.instead of 24 it would show www.234
I run an update check and shut my laptop off and turned it back on and now it won’t let me sign in to the laptop again.
I can’t reset the password as it won’t accept certain numbers and letters using either phone or email verifications.

Sounds to me like your laptop's keyboard took a dump. I had to replace my laptop's keyboard last year. Several of the keys stopped working. Some of the keys would generate weird output like double characters, etc.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dang computers need a FETB button - fix everything that's broken. I haven't run into this one but I've had my share of problems. It can be a bitch for a non-techy like me.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Plug in an usb keyboard.

or

Reboot the machine. Click on the screen to get the log in box to display. Lower right is a few icons. The one with arrows at right angles, click on that, select on screen keyboard. Good luck.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My computer is a laptop. I set it off to one side and use a wireless keyboard and mouse along with a 22" monitor. I now have an ipad and don't even need the portability of a laptop any more.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If it isn't a hardware issue, your operating system has taken a dump, probably. If using a second keyboard doesn't fix it, you are a candidate for becoming a Linux convert.

Swifty52 might be able to help you; he's a genuine expert.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344magRockyRaab
Install linux.

FIFY wink

Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If it isn't a hardware issue, your operating system has taken a dump, probably. If using a second keyboard doesn't fix it, you are a candidate for becoming a Linux convert.

See?!

Originally Posted by BFaucett
Sounds to me like your laptop's keyboard took a dump. I had to replace my laptop's keyboard last year. Several of the keys stopped working. Some of the keys would generate weird output like double characters, etc.

On a serious note, this is what I'd look into first. One possible way to check, is to see if you can get into the BIOS and use the keyboard and mouse (at least to some extent). This isolates you from your OS, so no need to worry about viruses etc... You don't mention which laptop you're using, so we can't tell you how to get into your BIOS. But a quick web search should tell you. Typically the F2 key is used, but YMMV. WARNING:DO NOT SAVE ANY CHANGES ON EXIT!!!

Somewhat apropos, just yesterday I had to reboot, as my wireless trackball was randomly "clicking". Weird Computer Stuff happens...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sounds like a corrupted key board driver.

If wired keyboard unplug from the back and reboot. Once rebooted (log in screen) plug the keyboard back in. It should be seen as a new device and Windows will reinstall the driver and state device is ready in the lower right corner.
Wireless check the keyboard battery then unplug the wireless dongle. Reboot and plug in the dongle and windows should reinstall the driver.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Swifty, he said it's a laptop.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haha, I never use the laptop keyboard always used a wireless. Wireless mouse and keyboards are so much better. Fact is that it still sounds like a corrupted driver since it boots normally.
If he can get into the thing he can go to the device settings delete the driver then hit reinstall driver which will do the same thing as above.
If he can’t get a different keyboard then his only option would be a boot disc which would allow the repair by going back to windows restore point option.
2nd option is worse, wipe it out and reinstall. This is why I say to have a back up on a removable drive makes repair much easier.

Here I am with Rock Chuck. Fugg the laptop and go to the iPad. 😁

Swifty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

399 members (10ring1, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 1,977 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,760
Posts18,476,500
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.