Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2ndwind Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Never been much of a Country music fan but this is soulful. "On the brink of WW III and I think people have forgot how to Pray...".

Oh and the fiddle player is cute too.

Please don't feed the trolls!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I might call it a bit more on the bluegrass side, but she makes a nice counterpoint...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hear he’s making bank on this 15 minutes of fame.

I hope he comes through it OK.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
2ndwind Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
IIRC he has said that he is only 30 something days sober. I hope and pray he comes through it OK too.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I hear he’s making bank on this 15 minutes of fame.

I hope he comes through it OK.

Saw on IG, $40k a day…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
He’s a believer in diversity, he says it’s the nation’s biggest strength.

Diversity

Last edited by LBP; 08/25/23.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you don't love her, you are gay! Just saying.....

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
let me go home... yeah yeah... i feel so broke up... i want to go home...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Brilliant.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I kinda like it with her accompaniment.

Wonder if she has an old dog layin' around like he does?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LBP

Diversity

….and now he’s catching crap from the Right for diverging somewhat from the approved groupthink.

He says he’s down the middle politically.

People like him are gonna decide who wins in ‘24, there ain’t enough straight ticket MAGA folks to get it done.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP

Diversity

He didn't say it's our greatest strength. He said.

“We are the melting pot of the world and that’s what makes us strong, our diversity”

And to provide a little context, here are the comments that surround that comment.

When asked what he hopes people get from his music, Anthony said, “Just people to start appreciating each other for human beings and look beyond political differences and ideology, and a lot of things that I see corporate media and education doing, which is making everyone identify each other’s differences and not their similarities.”

He continued, “I want people to appreciate each other and appreciate each other’s struggles, and hopefully just find the energy that was in the song and manifest it in people’s own personalities — just try to find similarities with each other instead of divisions.”

“I don’t see our country lasting more than another generation the way we’re headed. We’ve got to go back to the roots of what made this country great in the first place, which was our sense of community,” the singer said. “We are the melting pot of the world and that’s what makes us strong, is our diversity. We need to harness that and appreciate it and not use it as a political tool to keep everyone separate from each other.”

He is 100% spot on. I rarely ever turn the TV on. When I do, it's all about division and differences.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Problems is our diversity is counted on to divide us against one another. Over and over and over

Nice kumbaya try. Would be great if we all played nice but 'they' don't. Ask the old guy in Idaho.

I can appreciate his song and the overlooked part about supporting 5'3 200 pounders on welfare. He doesn't seem to appreciate those folks.

Pretty amazing he seems to, through youtube, 'appear' to have crossed some cultural divides and that is never a bad thing.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I can appreciate his song and the overlooked part about supporting 5'3 200 pounders on welfare. He doesn't seem to appreciate those folks.

Listen to the song, the part he doesn’t appreciate those that are 5’3” 300 lb paying to eat junk food with my money (or his) aka welfare and abusing the system.

If want to bad mouth something I suggest actually listening to it

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I like it. His next song should be "Third position is right".

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Is her teef as f ucked as his?

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
It must just be me, because my wife yells at me all the time, and I think it's damaged my hearing. But can y'all even understand what he says??? I almost needed subtitles.

Good sound and liked the video format, but his voice must land in the octave band that I'm lacking, because I could barely understand him.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by gsganzer
It must just be me, because my wife yells at me all the time, and I think it's damaged my hearing. But can y'all even understand what he says??? I almost needed subtitles.

Good sound and liked the video format, but his voice must land in the octave band that I'm lacking, because I could barely understand him.

No, it sounds like mush-mouth dogs hit. Mf'er looks like he chewed on a hand grenade and sings like it too.

For some reason dumb people all jumped on the same schietty bandwagon because he sings about poor dumb folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (22250rem, 222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,022 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,003
Posts18,481,415
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.