Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
I went to my 15 year old Grandson's first varsity football game last Friday night in Pflugerville, Tx. and they had airport like security. Before you could enter the stadium property you had to empty your pockets, take off your belt, put everything in a container to be inspected (they confiscated the little pocket knife I always carry) and pass through a metal detector. I set off the metal detector for some reason and got searched. I've never experienced anything like this before and I've been to lot's of basketball, baseball, volleyball and football games in Texas.

Pflugerville used to be a great little conservative town but it's adjacent to Communist Austin and now almost everybody that lives in Pflugerville is from Austin. They gave my pocket knife back when I left.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You musta missed the memo. Biden Administration says white, conservative males are the biggest domestic threat to American democracy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
let me get this straight...you're all for securing schools, just not when it inconveniences you?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by gitem_12
let me get this straight...you're all for securing schools, just not when it inconveniences you?

How did this secure a school?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Welcome to the Marxist society which was voted in during the last installment.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Youa papars please, comrade..................

MM

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Unfortunately, here, we had people on tik tok (social media) plan a BIG fight and there was gunfire at the stadium. It made national news.\

It's for your security,

Don't like it, don't go, or find somewhere that you can watch from afar.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by victoro
I went to my 15 year old Grandson's first varsity football game last Friday night in Pflugerville, Tx. and they had airport like security. Before you could enter the stadium property you had to empty your pockets, take off your belt, put everything in a container to be inspected (they confiscated the little pocket knife I always carry) and pass through a metal detector. I set off the metal detector for some reason and got searched. I've never experienced anything like this before and I've been to lot's of basketball, baseball, volleyball and football games in Texas.

Pflugerville used to be a great little conservative town but it's adjacent to Communist Austin and now almost everybody that lives in Pflugerville is from Austin. They gave my pocket knife back when I left.

Went through that 1976 at a concert in Lincoln Nebraska looking for contraband ( booze and drugs). 1988 same thing at a UNL football game for the same reasons.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With a wide open southern border, and known terrorists coming across, I find it odd that anyone would complain about security.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The school my daughter teaches at changed policy this year and she's no longer permitted to carry in the classroom. The school had active shooter drills and told her to huddle the kids in the middle of the room on the floor. She has a baseball bat, bear spray and plans to go down fighting. We're doomed and will receive the justice we deserve.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The school my daughter teaches at changed policy this year and she's no longer permitted to carry in the classroom. The school had active shooter drills and told her to huddle the kids in the middle of the room on the floor. She has a baseball bat, bear spray and plans to go down fighting. We're doomed and will receive the justice we deserve.

Not to hijack the thread but if it is necessary to barricade inside a room you don't huddle in the middle of the floor. She should decide which back corner of the room away from the door gets her students out of sight and line of fire of the door and if possible any outside windows.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Our HS games aren't like that at all.

Heavy PD presence from both schools but that's always welcome.

V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
"It's for your security"

Bull spit! If they wanted security they would allow all the teachers and school staff to be armed. How did taking a pocket knife from an 80 year old law abiding citizen improve the security of anybody? None of the other high schools in central Texas do this.

V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Our HS games aren't like that at all.

Heavy PD presence from both schools but that's always welcome.

I have no problem with that! 👍

I forgot to mention that I had a general admission ticket because I know people on the home team and the visitor's team (we were the visitors). In every other game I've attended if you entered the home team side you could walk to the visitors side if you wanted to. I entered the home team (shady) side and was going to walk to the visitor's side when the sun went down. I told them my plan when they scanned my ticket and they told me that wasn't allowed for "security reasons".

Last edited by victoro; 08/28/23.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There were four people shot at a football game in Oklahoma last weekend and at least one more game in Texas where shots were fired. I hate to say it, but it’s warranted. Wherever you have young black males congregating, you’re going to have some shootings.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I see videos of Austin, TX. nightlife on Kaotic.com, I had no idea Austin was such a schmit-hole. Worse than many third world countries.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by victoro
"It's for your security"

Bull spit! If they wanted security they would allow all the teachers and school staff to be armed. How did taking a pocket knife from an 80 year old law abiding citizen improve the security of anybody? None of the other high schools in central Texas do this.

Did you think of maybe putting the knife back in your car?

I highly doubt other schools in central tx don't do that.

Camp is where you make it.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Cannot even carry a pocket knife at a football game in Texas, the world is going to end soon...Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by JoeBob
There were four people shot at a football game in Oklahoma last weekend and at least one more game in Texas where shots were fired. I hate to say it, but it’s warranted. Wherever you have young black males congregating, you’re going to have some shootings.

Maybe we should ban young black males from attending then. Seriously...Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
"Did you think of maybe putting the knife back in your car?

I highly doubt other schools in central tx don't do that."

1)They told me they would give my knife to me when I left plus I was parked a long way from the entrance and it was 106 degrees.

2) They may do this do this now in Communist Austin not in they're not in our district. How many high school games have you been to in central Texas?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (akrange, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 7 invisible), 1,577 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,910
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.