Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This guy is on a completely different level. He's way faster with that revolver than most of us are with a semi-auto. I marvel at that speed.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The man CANNOT be human!

Bob Munden was pretty amazing too.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As was McGivern in his day. All of them do slightly different “stunts”, so it’s hard to draw a direct comparison, but they’re all amazing. Miculek hasn’t let age slow him as far as I can tell either.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I met Jerry at the NRA show a few years ago, really nice guy who certainly knows his way around a S & W revolver. Munden was mostly a single action guy and along with McGivern were great in their day.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I find Munden to be a little more impressive. The speed he gets - considering what he's doing. Clearing leather, major muscle groups vs trigger pulls only. Granted - the reload is complicated and takes a lot of movement too.

Not that Jerry is slow or bad - I just prefer Bob's work.

Me

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teal
I find Munden to be a little more impressive. The speed he gets - considering what he's doing. Clearing leather, major muscle groups vs trigger pulls only. Granted - the reload is complicated and takes a lot of movement too.

If you ever had met Bob in person, you might not be such a fan. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I wasn't commenting on the person - just their shooting.

Me

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Not to take anything from Miculek, but McGivern was shooting out of the box, untuned revolvers which I feel would make some difference however slight. And to my knowledge nobody has come close to McGivern's uncanny accuracy on aerial targets. To me that was / is beyond amazing. Jerry certainly seems to have the fastest trigger finger on earth!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I saw Bob Munden shoot back around ‘88 or ‘89. I was 14 and Dad took me to my first gun show in Nashville.
It was a pretty cool day altogether for an aspiring gun nut!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Would have to agree with that, but he was fast.

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Never met or saw the man, but I remember a film clip in which he demonstrated his shooting and also spoke. I thought he came across as the most arrogant and conceited SOB I ever heard in English. He sure could shoot, though.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Never met or saw the man, but I remember a film clip in which he demonstrated his shooting and also spoke. I thought he came across as the most arrogant and conceited SOB I ever heard in English. He sure could shoot, though.

If you're on TV talking about what you do for a living and you don't sound arrogant and 100% hype man - you're unlikely to get back on TV again. I'm not saying that in person/away from obvious "show time" he wasn't - I'm just saying it doesn't shock me if he was, given the context of being on TV as an opportunity to sell the show.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I doubt anyone is faster than this...

[video:rumble]
[/video]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
First time I shot in a match with Jerry was outside of Mobile, AL in a monthly IPSC match at Tillman's Corner. A new guy, thin and medium build showed up all by himself, to shoot with us. Quiet and very unassuming. We filled out score cards, turned them face down, mixed them, and drew cards for position "Jerry's" card was drawn first, my card was second, so I was "on deck", right behind him. Did not know him from Adams house cat.

I actually got so fixated watchmen him, that I got into the groove with him, where everything goes into slow motion. That was the last time I ever watched him shoot in a match. From then on, I looked in another direction, If you start watching Jerry in person, it can really screw up your own match prep.

He had drove over from LA because he was one match short for qualifying for the upcoming FIPT, so he qualified and we then shot again in that next FIPT. I had some time to talk to him after the AL match, he used a stock M-27 N frame Smith 4" just the action smoothed, stock springs, hammer and trigger, in a suede cross draw rig. He is quick, like a cat. On a 6 shot course, not many can keep up with hm. On a reload, he does not drop the gun, it stays up, the six ejected shells are still at the right elbow when the cylinder goes closed, he is that fast. He can reload a Smith revolver as fast or faster that a 1911 pro shooter can do a mag change.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

If you're on TV talking about what you do for a living and you don't sound arrogant and 100% hype man - you're unlikely to get back on TV again. I'm not saying that in person/away from obvious "show time" he wasn't - I'm just saying it doesn't shock me if he was, given the context of being on TV as an opportunity to sell the show.

Confident is often called arrogant they aren't the same

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gillom Rogers : [Books has just given Gillom a shooting lesson] But how could you get into so many fights and always come out on top? I nearly tied you shooting.

John Bernard Books : Friend, there's nobody up there shooting back at you. It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts. It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475

Confident is often called arrogant they aren't the same

I wasn't calling him "confident".

I did spend time with him. When he wasn't shooting or performing.

One conversation that sticks out was a guy asking about master gunfighter class shooters and asked Bob if he wanted to try his hand at it...

Bob said he'd try that guy outside right now, man to man, but they must use live ammo.

Everyone who heard that just rolled their eyes. That wasn't confidence.

If y'all watched his TV show, that's all well and good. But I reckon he toned himself down a notch or three for that TV show.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never saw McGivern, saw Munden & Jerry............Jerry may not be the fastest, I dunno, but he's better than anyone else around right now.

And he's also damn good with an AR in his hands too.

And nice guy.

Bought lots bullets from his brother.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I had the privilege of watching Jerry shooting head to head with one of the best IPSC shooters at the time at The American Handgunner's World Shoot-off in Colorado.
He beat Jethro "The Jet" Dionisio with a revolver. Just something you see and never forget.

Also they had side shoots for 22rf. I remember watching everyone loading mags with stuff like Green Tag or Ely and here's Jerry dipping out of a Remington milk carton (remember those?)

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I doubt anyone is faster than this...

[video:rumble]
[/video]

That is simply incredible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (12344mag, 1minute, 160user, 117LBS, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 3,080 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,966
Posts18,499,245
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.