Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
You’re going to need duct tape for that.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Flashdog
That'll never hold air. You need to put a tube in it, too.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Flashdog
LOL. My neighbor said that exact thing.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
In another thread, I had mentioned the jiffy jack for tandem axle trailers. This shows the value ( to me at least) of having one. Horses don’t need to be unloaded.

However, I really wish I had packed the Dewalt impact! 3/6 lug nuts required my wife to stand on the end of the speed wrench while I reefed up on the other end.

Fortunately the blowout was not on the traffic side of the trailer.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If you have a tandem trailer the jiffy jack or trailer aid is a must.We had a blow out on our 35 goose neck with living quarters with 4 horses loaded and it was the best money I have ever spent. The dewalt rides when the trailer rides.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Them jiffy jacks work good for tricycle front end tractors also.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Bandag near you? grin

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Bandag near you? grin
Are they magicians?

Anyway, I have a brand new set of chinee ST tires on it.

Will report on durability.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Bandag near you? grin
Are they magicians?

Anyway, I have a brand new set of chinee ST tires on it.

Will report on durability.

I think they actually remove the entire tread and start over(I could be wrong). I am not even sure they are still in business .

They are still in business, from the video they have looks like yours are beyond repair by them.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 08/24/23. Reason: relook
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
That blowout is dead, deader, deadest. The carcass is split!

We were just having a moment of jocularly.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I had the same thing on my horse trailer a few weeks ago. However, it was much more expensive to fix. It's a beater of a trailer and needed new tires when I bought it 12 years ago. I got my hands on a set of 17" rims that fit it because my pickup has 17" wheels. That way when I put new tires on the pickup, the old ones go to the trailer. Well, the other 3 tires on the trailer were in good shape although getting kind of old. I needed just one 17" tire but used ones simply aren't available here. When someone buys new pickup tires, their old ones are worn beyond use. No shops have any. I could have bought 1 new tire for the trailer but then I'd still have the 3 old ones. It was one of those tough decisions. My pickup tires were only 2 years old and had maybe 15,000 on them. They were far too good for that old trailer but I had no real choice. I had to get new tires for the pickup and put those on the trailer, far better ones than it deserves.

― George Orwell

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I hate trailer tires. I blew one the other week. Swapped it with my brand new spare and drove home. Looked at the trailer the other day in my pasture and another tire is flat. What is it with trailer tires and road hazards. These were all load E trailer tires too.

On my horse trailer, that my daughter frequently pulls, I put tire minders on them. It's better that she gets a warning of a tire problem and can try to fix/repair/pull-over on her terms. You don't want to take chances hauling horses.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I hate trailer tires. I blew one the other week. Swapped it with my brand new spare and drove home. Looked at the trailer the other day in my pasture and another tire is flat. What is it with trailer tires and road hazards. These were all load E trailer tires too.

On my horse trailer, that my daughter frequently pulls, I put tire minders on them. It's better that she gets a warning of a tire problem and can try to fix/repair/pull-over on her terms. You don't want to take chances hauling horses.
I have several trailers. If LT tires are available in the size I need, that's what I get. ST trailer tires are only good for about 5 years before they start getting weak while LT's will last 2 to 3 times that long.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

When I was pulling a trailer about 20K miles every season, I got so tired of losing tires I went all the way to "H" rated tires. Sold that business, but kept the trailer. Still using that trailer about every week on the farm, still the same tires after 10 years, zero flats. One has a slow leak, but it's the rim, not the tire. There's no savings in cheap trailer tires.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Do ya by chance know what brand ya got. I have never heard of them, but anything to make my life better I will give it a shot. Thanks

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Pulled the tang from a file and used three plugs to successfully stop the leak. That there looks like a recap is in order!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by leesway2

Do ya by chance know what brand ya got. I have never heard of them, but anything to make my life better I will give it a shot. Thanks

I believe this is the one I bought. I've had the same batteries in the sensors for a year, but probably need to change them soon. You can buy them for any number of tires you have. I placed the repeater antenna at my trailer battery box for the electric jack and put an on/off toggle for it.

Tire Minder

What's pretty cool on some of the newer trucks, is you can add additional TPMS sensors to the trucks system, so you can monitor the trailer tires that way.

Last edited by gsganzer; 08/28/23.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ironbender, I'd say you got ALL THE GOODIE out of those tires !!!!

"not too grumpy"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugeman, 2500HD, 1936M71, 257 roberts, 1minute, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,041
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.