Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by joken2
Air fryer - Convection oven --- Basically the same thing.

Many kitchen ranges manufactured over the past decade or so already have a convection cooking feature built-in.

Basically both are just cooking same as always but with a fan blowing inside oven / air fryer to circulate heat.

Exactly. "Air fryer" is such a stupid, stupid name for them. They think people are too stupid to handle the truth, lol, like calling a chicken tender a "boneless wing".

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
We use ours very little. Our air frier is built into the stove, oven does ,bake, air fry, and convection. Chicken is the only real thing I like air fried, so far. We have only had the stove a few months. Time will tell how much it gets used.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
We have a Ninja but just about any brand would do. It does a good job on frozen fries and chicken strips. Stuff like that. Nobody could ever beat my grandmother for fried chicken.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I think they would be handy for a retired couple or something.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are so simple for whole chickens.

Season it up and breast down for at about 360 for 40 minutes, flip it over and go another 20.
Perfect crispy roast chicken.

It’s not like turning on the oven is a chore, but I swear AF chicken is better. IMO at least.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Ninja here. We use it a fair amount. Does fried chicken, fries, etc. they turn out great and less mess than the deep fryer. Healthier too.

Ninja is what we have. It's not a basket or round, it's like a toaster oven. The kids use it constantly to heat up food. We got rid of toaster because it's also a toaster.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
been thinkin' about gettin' one of those thins'... but don't they become a greasy black hole of stinky goo with alot of use?...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wife bought me a pretty expensive one for Christmas about 5 years ago. Still in the box.
We just picked 5 buckets of potatoes, so she said she will break it open and try French fries.
I like no clutter, so I hate new/more stuff.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Ninja Foodi
This. I went through three of the cheaper ones (they all lasted about two years) then bit the bullet on the Ninja Foodi. Bought it on black Friday from Boscov's on sale for $150 then they gave me a 50 dollar credit. It's normally 199.99, I think it's a Foodi 3, but not sure.

I use mine all the time.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have an instapot vortex air fryer. Does similar functions as Emerils air fryer. Emerils looks better.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by High_Noon
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

hahaha that is funny!

We bought a NINJA Foodi Compact, Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker air Air Fryer. Model #OP101C

It is fantastic, everything we have cooked in it has been cooked to perfection. The Fries are fantastic, no more deep frying and all the oil and cleanup that goes with it, have you seen the price of Canola Oil these days?

Some people say to cook your fries and to coat them lightly in Oil, I do not use any oil at all, completely unnecessary, even the ones you buy frozen at the store are great!

It has a timer so you can set it and forget it. I wish I had bought one years ago!

A couple of weeks ago I made a Chicken Cacciatore diner, winner-winner Chicken Diner.

Two Thumbs Up smile

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/31/23.

KB

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Yes, the Foodi 9 in 1.

Tater Tots
French Fries
Onion Rings
Pot Roast
Pulled Pork
Vegetable Beef Soup
Stews
Pintos w/ ham
Chile

It is amazing what 10 to 15 minutes at pressure will do for a roast or dry beans.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We use ours a lot for chicken thighs, wings, fries, tots, it will crisp up everything. Also good on frozen burgers, brats. crazy fast & good.

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Initial excitement. Tried a few things. Messier than other options. Other options just as good or better. Lots of recipes for things we don't care to try. Very little help on just plain cooking things. Tired of dragging it out. Now residing on storage shelf more or less as a permanent guest.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Initial excitement. Tried a few things. Messier than other options. Other options just as good or better. Lots of recipes for things we don't care to try. Very little help on just plain cooking things. Tired of dragging it out. Now residing on storage shelf more or less as a permanent guest.

Complete 180 of my experience.

Guess that’s something else to argue about in future threads lol

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Ninja Foodi

Looks like we're gonna be invited over for a Nugget feast!!

No offense to nugget......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rainshot
We have a Ninja but just about any brand would do. It does a good job on frozen fries and chicken strips. Stuff like that. Nobody could ever beat my grandmother for fried chicken.

LOL! My grampa was born in 1893.
When he signed up for military service in 1918, his teeth were bad and the Army pulled them and gave him dentures. From the time I remember him in the 1950's, he NEVER wore his dentures. The man could eat Fritos!

My grandmother would fry her chicken in a skillet just like everybody else.
THEN......she put it in a pressure cooker so it would be tender for grampa! Her "breading" was always mushy!
My mom could fry chicken that would have made Col. Sanders cry! LOL!
Well, I thought anyway!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Another vote for the Ninja Foodi.

Air fry some foods, slow cook others, pressure cook my beans. I too was able to find mine on sale - just over a C-note IIRC. My electric range went tits up a couple months ago. Had the foodi and never really skipped a beat while waiting for the replacement.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Ninja Foodi. Everything from leftover pizza to baked potatoes come out great. I've cooked great steaks in it. Doesn't heat your whole damn house up like an oven does and doesn't make chit soggy like a microwave. Ours gets used enough it stays on the counter. Clean up is a simple matter of wiping down the unit and washing the basket and pot. Takes all of about two minutes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Air fryer is the only way she cooks bacon now

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,071
Posts18,501,503
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.