Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just wondering if any of you guys are hunting a 6 ARC and if so, what you're using in it?

Thinking a 22" barreled bolt action and 95gr LRX would be a great combo with lots of heavier, higher BC offerings if ever wanted.

I know its not a 6mm Creedmoor, but don't think I need it to be either. Interested in hearing experiences, if anyone would like to share!

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never heard of it. Is it something new,or something old and obscure? Hint.

Thanks!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Never heard of it. Is it something new,or something old and obscure? Hint.

Thanks!...............

Hah, definitely saw a lot of your posts on the cartridge, Mr 'Stick. Appreciate em and learned a lot! Yes, I paid attention. Don't call me names hahaha

Just always keen for more hunting/bullet performance stories. There's nothing like asking those who actually do something when you wanna know more, you very much included.

Last edited by Igloo; 08/30/23.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have one, just haven’t had time to hunt with it at all or even shot it much…had planned to rebarrel to a heavy barrel but if the light 22” my Howa Mini has shoots ok it may stay as is. I like the concept.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Been Looking At A Cheap Sig Cross With a 24" 6mm ACR Barrel On It..Don't Really Need it..Bit Kinda Want It...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought one in April. Still haven't loaded for or shot it.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Been shooting a 22" Howa mini bedded in a Stocky with JO bdl quite a bit over the last few months. It's a nice little package. It will probably be the first carried this Fall and I'll see how the 108's work on flesh. They kill steel well but I can't speak to performance on game yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Been shooting a 22" Howa mini bedded in a Stocky with JO bdl quite a bit over the last few months. It's a nice little package. It will probably be the first carried this Fall and I'll see how the 108's work on flesh. They kill steel well but I can't speak to performance on game yet.
Stocky's carbon fiber? If so, it's the same setup I have. How's yours shoot, accuracy-wise?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve got an 18” Aero upper and the Carbon Mini in 6 ARC. Both of them are hammers with the 108 ELDs and 105 HPBT’s. I can’t think of a bad word to say about the cartridge. It’s a lot of fun to shoot and seems like a lot of value if you’re loading for it or even buying the great factory ammo.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Stocky's carbon fiber? If so, it's the same setup I have. How's yours shoot, accuracy-wise?

Yes, the sporter stock. I wish now I had gotten one of the vertical grip stocks. The sporter stock isn't bad, I like it, I'd just like to try the VG.

I've not shot enough paper to say exactly on groups sizes. I know I shot a couple when I first mounted the scope and I think it was a bit over an inch...it wasn't stacking them but it was consistent. I can't remember if that was before or after I bedded it. I've done most of my shooting at 300 yards and it's a consistent closed fist sized blob.

I'm about out of factory ammo. I think I picked up 300 rounds to start with. Everything I've shot so far has been the factory eldm. I need to load for it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes, the sporter stock. I wish now I had gotten one of the vertical grip stocks. The sporter stock isn't bad, I like it, I'd just like to try the VG.

I've not shot enough paper to say exactly on groups sizes. I know I shot a couple when I first mounted the scope and I think it was a bit over an inch...it wasn't stacking them but it was consistent. I can't remember if that was before or after I bedded it. I've done most of my shooting at 300 yards and it's a consistent closed fist sized blob.

I'm about out of factory ammo. I think I picked up 300 rounds to start with. Everything I've shot so far has been the factory eldm. I need to load for it.
Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a savage switchback.

Very accurate.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The 108 eld shoot about the same with Leverevolution

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
They definitely sound like performers, and a great choice of stock.

Would you guys stick with SRM primers across the board pretty much, or would regular Small Rifle be okay?

Edit: Fotis, great rifle! And you have an uncanny ability to put bullets through the same hole.

Last edited by Igloo; 08/31/23.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fotis
I have a savage switchback.

Very accurate.

The 108 eld shoot about the same with Leverevolution

Good shooting! I'm happy to see such a tiny group made with a powder that I have on hand.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Flogged on The Baby Carbon Howie pretty hard this morning,on 900yd steel(with 4x glass). Fhuqking thing is a marvel! Hint.

Soooooooo tempted to rock a Barkin' Arken on it,to REALLY see how it does. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Couldn't stand it. Hint................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

I believe Stockys has the VG model on sale.
rookie

NRA Life member

"You can't fix stupid"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Couldn't stand it. Hint................

Is that the lighter one?

I’ve got their bigger bastard on mine and it feels a bit too big.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope...Old School Big Bitch. It's not a long term fit,but just a means of reading potential. In the process of making a few changes,in both ammo and mechanics and I can hold this reticle harder and discern more,than it's issued Illuminatti. Bedded it last night and will go shoot shortly. Hint.

The stock was amiss in issued guise,but shooting well depite same. Couldn't stand it. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rookieatbest

I believe Stockys has the VG model on sale.
rookie

Yep... I just got shipping notice on a Tikka VG from them, ordered 8/3...should have waited until now to order it! After I use the Tikka VG a bit I may revisit the mini VG.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (16penny, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,945
Posts18,498,952
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.