Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My new (2023) Colt King Cobra Carry .357 Magnum is supposed to arrive at my LGS tomorrow. The problem is that the current holsters are for the pre-2019 King Cobra, the only holster maker I've found for the current edition is Tucker Gun Leather.

Galco, Milt Sparks, El Paso Saddlery, Mitch Rosen, etc. are making holsters for the previous model King Cobra which had a slightly different frame.

Any additional suggestions? Any reviews on Tucker Gun Leather holsters? I'm looking for a leather OWB pancake holster similar to the El Paso Saddlery #88 Street Combat Holster:

https://epsaddlery.com/product/88-street-combat-holster/

I'm not interested in a clip-on holster or some giant-sized Alien holster.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Kramer Leather has KCC listed as one of his holsters.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Aren't they about the same size as a Smith K frame? Surely it's worth the time to check that out, and see if you can slum a K-frame holster.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Check out “Simply Rugged” I love there Sourdough pancake, strong side- cross draw- and adaptable for a chest rig.
I own four or five of them.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Croft

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Search for a gunsmith to fix your “end shake” too.

Not hatin’, love the gun, love the gold bead partridge front sight but haven’t seen one yet that I couldn’t push the cylinder forward with slight pressure & fully contact the rear of the barrel.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Anteloper

Not hatin’, love the gun, love the gold bead partridge front sight but haven’t seen one yet that I couldn’t push the cylinder forward with slight pressure & fully contact the rear of the barrel.

Thank you, that will be on my list to check before I accept the transfer in the LGS.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Want a great holster that is affordable and of the highest quality - contact Matt @ Camp Curry Leather

Campcurryleathergmail.com

1-2 weeks it will arrive and blow your socks off.

Last edited by Sakohunter264; 07/18/23.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

My son has a .357 KCT and I have a .22 KCT. Neither cylinder will touch the barrel face when pushed forward, it’s pretty tight at .002” clearance (measured). I sent my first .22 back for excessive end shake. Colt sent me a new gun.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by JB in SC

My son has a .357 KCT and I have a .22 KCT. Neither cylinder will touch the barrel face when pushed forward, it’s pretty tight at .002” clearance (measured). I sent my first .22 back for excessive end shake. Colt sent me a new gun.

Good to hear! I’ve looked at 6 or 7, all as I described. Had just about given up that they cared to build any correctly. Haven’t seen the same problem in any Pythons & I did buy a 4” Python. I’d like a 3” Cobra.

Will definitely keep looking...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, I went with the Tucker Gun Leather HF3, dark brown with white thread and Fleur-de-lis border stamp. It was a little fancier than a plain pancake holster.

https://tuckergunleather.com/hf3-revolver-holster/

Thanks for all the suggestions, I put the holster makers suggested in my 'Holster' folder for future reference.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Tucker is great at political commentary, so he likely makes a great holster, too.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Tucker is great at political commentary, so he likely makes a great holster, too.

He has an interesting background in getting instruction from some experten:

https://www.usacarry.com/interview-rob-longenecker-tucker-gunleather/

Doing research and writing articles for USA Carry got me curious about other perspectives in the CCW lifestyle. Toward that end, I approached Rob Longenecker of Tucker Gunleather, a Texas company which has been making high-quality holsters and gun belts since 1980. Rob’s got a lot of experience and a great deal of knowledge, and he was kind enough to share both with us.

Michael Jenkins: Speaking as someone who makes holsters, how do you see the CCW community right now?

Rob Longenecker: The community is engaged, is easily influenced by their peers online and includes a lot of newbies. They do want to have confidence in their choices and for the most part are great people to deal with.

MJ: What advice would you give to someone entering the world of CCW?

RL: Take advantage of all the information, articles and forums available for ideas and opinions, but find one or two trusted advisers you know have the training and experience to give good advice.

Experienced pistol smiths, holster-makers and professional instructors with a history in their business are a good place to start.

MJ: What are the biggest mistakes that you see folks making while carrying?

RL: Years ago customers wanted to carry the most powerful pistol possible with two extra magazines daily. Now I see folks having two or more setups, including lighter weight, smaller guns for different carry considerations.

I do believe the man who trains with one gun has an edge, but some people just need to be more flexible about their daily carry.

MJ: Let’s talk maintenance. Any advice on holster care?

RL: A good leather holster needs to be wiped with a damp cloth occasionally. Don’t use any oils or treatments that will soften the leather and slow your draw. Stiff is good.

Surprisingly, one of the best methods for reviving an old leather holster is extra virgin olive oil used sparingly. It will bring back that new leather look pretty darn well. We recommend it.

MJ: Would you mind telling us about your personal CCW setup?

RL: I carry a 4” Springfield Lightweight Champion with good aftermarket internals and proven reliability in our HF1 belt holster or our Cover Up IWB.

MJ: Any final thoughts for the USA Carry community?

Yes, you don’t need to add every possible gadget to your pistol. Lights and Lasers have some benefit in certain scenarios, but the FBI says the average gun fight is close range and over quickly.

Train yourself to draw smoothly and quickly and put sights on target instinctively. At close range, there’s no problem with looking over the top of the gun to get your shots on target if you’ve got the training and confidence.

I took my initial training from Jeff Cooper in 1980. Spent a day with Ross Seyfried a couple of years later and had a half-day private lesson with Chip McCormick in the mid 1980’s. I’ve had some good advice.

In the 1980’s I went to the USPSA Nationals 4 times and learned from the best along the way. Have fun and stay safe.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Looks like a good holster choice.

Did you get the gun? Shoot it yet?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I'm sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, I got the Colt. No, I haven't had time to shoot it yet.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The pistol came in a clear wrap/bag, I removed it for the picture.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Looks great. Looking forward to a shoot report.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Look at Frontier Gunleather website, run by John Bianchi - same Bianchi as Bianchi Cup.

I have 5 of the Vulcan model. They are great, top quality and fit tight against the body.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

I'm sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, I got the Colt. No, I haven't had time to shoot it yet.

The pistol came in a clear wrap/bag, I removed it for the picture.

King Cobra Carry, very nice step up from the regular Cobra. The Marbles fiber optic front sight (.140") should be the correct height if you want to change it out

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
May I suggest you contact triggernosi , He’s a member on here. He made a holster for me for a model, 60 3inch performance center. Smith and Wesson, hands-down I’d have to say it’s some of the best leatherwork I’ve ever seen and reasonable for what he offers

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I got my new holster a few weeks ago - the Tucker HF3. I really like it:

I tried 5 different loads at 5 and 7 yards, the Colt did best with Lost River .38 Spcl 158-gr +P. Thanks again for the great ammo, Mackey!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

687 members (160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 3,008 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,617
Posts18,492,642
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.