Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I was standing at a bar at a CW club that had country dance lessons on Monday night. A Lady came up to me and asked how tall I was. I answered 6'4" . She asked if I wanted to get picked up by a group of tall women. I answered "lead on".

They were part of a local tall club. My future wife wasn't there that night but I ended up meeting her a few nights later at a party they invited me too. She answered the door and was eye to eye with me (she was 6'4" ). We kept on ending up sitting beside each other at club functions and then we started clicking.

We have been married thirty years.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
7th grade band class. She was my best friend’s girlfriend. They broke up and we started dating my Sophomore year. We will be married 33 years at the end of the month.

CK
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I was volunteer labor fixing gates at the rodeo grounds, she rides up, hands me 2 bucks, and says, will you buy me and my girlfriend a six pack? You can keep the change. That was 55 years ago.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
We worked for the same bank and I saw her at a leering. I stalked her to get close enough to spark a conversation and got a date.

Met her 10/21/98 & we were married 05/24/99. 5 kids, a son in law, and grandson have come from it so far.

Pretty awesome having a good woman!

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At a night club with my bud. Saw this hottie dancing and tried to figure out a way to talk to her. She was shooting down every guy that walked up to her. She ended up leaving before I had the guts to do it. Went to a different club later that night and ran into her at the bar.
We hit it off. Went to her place after 3rd date and I never left. Going on 19 years

Last edited by Dre; 09/03/23.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Farmers only dot com

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Onna deer drive .............

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I met my wife at work. No pickup line. I just asked her out. She said, "I thought you'd never ask". I was not exactly fast with the ladies. I'd heard that response a couple of times before. But this time would be the last.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
We met at a college trade party. I was a RA and she was a pledge. Neither one of us wanted to be there but we were roped into it by our fraternity/ sorority. I picked her up and walked her back to her house. This was in the spring and we had one coke date and then parted for the summer. I was dating several other girls in the fall that year but she became "the one" pretty soon. Many of our dates were at the library and believe it or not, lots of studying actually happened. grin

Married 58 years in June and would do it all over again in heartbeat. smile

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
After a few years of chatting with the same twenty or so guys on a hunting site I got to know one pretty good and invited him for a free bear over bait hunt on my ranch. It just so happened he had bagged a couple turkeys that morning and asked if I would like to see a picture. After viewing the picture I asked why his wife was holding the birds. The response was "That's ME"! WOW, that got my attention quick. She never let on that she was a female fearing........you know, how some on the site may treat her. What luck for me, found a REAL outdoor lady that loves what Idaho offers, and of course me!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First one was my secretary until lung cancer took her. Then after a few years I said to myself, this single life kind of sucks. I’d taken a woman out to dinner and she was complaining that there weren’t many good guys around anymore and that she couldn’t even find one on the Internet. There’s an idea. Being the analytical guy that I am, I thought that I should approach honey hunting just like trophy deer hunting. Well holy smokes, talk about a target (and trophy) rich environment! Living happily ever after again.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Went to Highschool together and never saw her again until 20 yrs later in an AA meeting. Been together now 30 yrs.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
for those saying it was your good friend's wife I hope it was after an unfortunate passing of your friend. and not a different cause. you know what they say "If she'll do it with you, she'll do it to you"

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
How did I meat my wife?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was in an electrical engineering lab at the univ of WA and she was showing me how to calculate phasors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phasor

I was checking out more than the math.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Blind date for the spring football game and party in the spring of ‘70. Married two years later in the summer of’72 and still going strong. It was set up by one of my fraternity brothers and one of her sorority sisters that were engaged.

That was a few weeks after I had broken up with another of her sorority sisters 😁

Last edited by navlav8r; 09/03/23.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was at a Miss America Pageant, she fell off the ramp, right into my lap.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I met her in a club down in old Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca cola
C-O-L-A, Cola...

She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said Lola
L-O-L-A, Lola
La-la-la-la Lola

An Army buddy asked me to drive him to Frankfort, Germany Airport to pick up his girlfriend and his sister who were flying in. I did, that was in 1974. Married in 1976 and still married to her...

"Till death".

Last edited by old_boots; 09/03/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
First wife? Blind date. She was one of the coldest fish I'd ever met. Took her home after the movie and met her sister. More as a gag I asked her out for the next night and she said yes. Went and saw, or rather didn't see the next movie and it got hot and heavy. I was in the Air Force at the time and I get a call at work and she's asking if I can come over after work. Told her I could if the major didn't stick me up in the tower for another 8 hours after I finished the shift. She sounded like something was wrong and I'm thinking, "oh oh." Well I go over and she tells me I'm gonna be a daddy and her daddy has a might big shotgun. Sad story. My family hated her because she was the slut that got me into trouble and her family hated me because I was the S.O.B. that got their innocent daughter pregnant. Been a long time ago but IIRC, we lasted about maybe three years give or take. Interesting thing. When wife #2 and I went to see my kids from wife #1, my ex told my wife that she never should have divorced me. Personally, I'm glad she did because I hit perfection the second time around.

I met wife number two at work. She was separated from her ex-husband and trying to get up enough money for the divorce when we met. My family again didn't approve of the relationship as the lady was a would be divorcee, had three kids and was older than me by one year, as if that mattered. Told me it would never last and I'd e stuck with child support for her three kids. Her ex was a bigger problem so I got her out of the sate to Nevada to stay with her mom till things cooled down and a few weeks later moved to Nevada myself after scrounging up enough cash to pay for her divorce. She got her divorce in late June 1968 and we got married July 3, 1968. She passed on march 12, 2019 and we'd been together for a bit over 52 years.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
There is a little more to it but pretty much this.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,078
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.