Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I started working outside the home in August of 1976. I remember my mother driving me to the High School in Wittenberg WI to get a workers permit (you needed one if you were to get a job and were just a little kid in the 8ths grade) At that time I was also issued a social security card.

Over the last 47 years I worked for an employer and drew a pay check (or paid cash) for my labors, doing the following.

Bailing hay
Milking cows
Worked on a potato farm (Started at $0.50 an hour)
Actually a couple of diff potato farms
Installed snow fence for the town of Franzen each fall
I was a grave digger for our church (All done by hand, with a shovel for $100 a hole)
Worked for a lumber sawing outfit one very cold winter
Worked at a feed mill
Worked maintenance for the Wisconsin Lions camp while at the same time Drove a mail truck for Marathon mail service while at the same time I Was a weekend, wedding bartender.
To help pay my student debt, I worked as a custodian at the school and in the Graphics arts dept
I Worked as a draftsman at Industrial air products
Worked as a designer/draftsman for Enerquip while at the same time worked as a night janitor for that towns grocery store and hardware store (After we put our kids to bed)
Worked as a designer/draftsman at Joerns Healthcare
worked as a designer for GE medical in New Berlin while also working nights as a draftsman for Harley Davidson Buell and for the last 24+ years as a senior mechanical Designer at GE Health care (Even though, the last 3+ years were working from home when Covid hit).

I was hired by GE to invent and get as many patents as possible for ideas and methods related to diagnostic imaging. If you had an internal scan in the last 20+ years on a GE machine, Many of the stationary and rotating parts and covers were designed by me. I spent about 30 years designing/inventing medical equipment that has saved or prolonged many lives. That's a good feeling.

During that time I also worked for Kirsch hunting LLC as a designer, inventing hunting products and I worked for Buck Rub Gear as a designer for their line of bowhunting products. Currently Im under contract with several bowhunting companies to get their ideas off the ground

There are other (short term) odd jobs I took during those years like working for local tradesmen hanging siding or roofing, etc.

7 years ago (While working for GE Health Care) I started my own bowhunting company and got to work 7 days a week building my own business. Now, finally, after 47 years of working for somebody else, I will work only for me and my company designing, inventing products for the bowhunting industry while also contracting (Via my consulting service) for other bowhunting products companies to bring their ideas to life.

During nearly all of my working life, I've held 2 or more jobs at the same time but now I will only work for me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

On my last day, I drove down to Southern WI return my Laptop and security badge. I had lunch with some co-workers. I also got my signed GE meatball.

The next day we broke ground for the headquarters of my bowhunting company.

Lots of copper in the ground here in the mineral belt

The excavator carved a ramp to get down in the hole for the concrete work. He created a deer trap. They took turns going in and checking it out and then climbing the dirt piles.

Now, I can spend my days working from home and enjoying Miracle Whip samies while lesser men suffer/tolerate mayo.

And now for the jealous pouters (and there is no shortage here) You claim you dislike or hate me BUT then you follow my every post like a moth to a flame.

that makes you a fan

You WILL NOT admit to this but in the still small part of your brain, you know this to be true and it pisses you off to no end. How do I know (you will pout and whine in this post. You will crap yourself and trip over one another to leave a comment. To the many fans, Thanks again. hahahahaha.

My assignment for the haters is this. In the first 24 hours of this post you are to boost it 4 pages and 3000 views. Be really angry and upset. Lift with your back. ;-)

Now, get cracking Chop chop. You have a lot of pouting to do. grin Im certain you wont disappoint. Oh and dont forget to bring up my 12 year old deer feeding citation and pretend I have a long list of violations. That old chestnut never disappoints. Im not sure of the sort of poor life choices you have made that prevents you from living your best life, but trust me, this lifestyle I built is awesome. Do what it takes to get to this sort of living and lift yourself up from the sad state of affairs you are tolerating now. You will be glad you did (except then you too will be followed by fans that are jealous and pouting whiners and THAT IS WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE WON!) You have a lot of work to do.

Last edited by sharp_things; 09/04/23.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That’s a pretty damn cool story. Hope to purchase some gear from your company in the future. What is the name of your venture?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats. Nobody can call you lazy.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by strosfann
That’s a pretty damn cool story. Hope to purchase some gear from your company in the future. What is the name of your venture?

Absolutely! Any kind of mayonnaise is disgusting!

Hey Sharp.... Best of luck with your new ventures!

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck with this.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Well done, Sharps and good luck on your venture.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
THWACK!!
Congratulations and best of luck!

Last edited by gkt5450; 09/03/23.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sharpy,

Congrats, man. I started in 1959 and worked till 2015. Like you, two jobs at s time.

Now every day is SATURDAY!

Can you believe on Tuesday I have to re-linoleum my kids kitchen? Hopefully the other daughter doesn't hear about it. My wife and kids don't realize I'm retired.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fûck off fat ass

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
But your still in Wisconsin!

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Best of luck to your new FUTURE!

I can’t fault any man for getting back to nature and out of man’s world.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
i have worked about the same time as you. 1976 grad,went to work right away. work in 2 factories until july 1977 then got into construction helping a friend. started my own construction business in 1990 and just retired last year. wife retired 2 years before so we are enjoying life these days.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Congrats and good for you!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Congrats and best of luck on your new venture. Love to hear stories like yours. Living here on the west coast over the last 28 years, I sure miss folks with the Midwest work ethics. Out here plenty of people think 30 hours a week is a long hard work week. Work ethics out this way by most folks, I consider a joke.

you represent folks with a work ethic that built this country, and made it strong.. even tho the DNCC is trying to tear that down and destroy it.

Its probably no big deal to you, but I hope you have a family that is proud of what you have contributed to our society in this world.

all the best.
cheers
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DeadHead
Fûck off fat ass

you gotta be a friggin AHole Moron....

ghetto welfare bum or trailer park welfare bum?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Congratulations to you sir on your retirement but you can put that nasty Miracle Whip crap in the trash can where it belongs...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Congrats and good luck in your new venture.

Ron

Last edited by Ohio7x57; 09/04/23.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You guys do remember this scumball is a convicted con artist lying azz poacher right???

And this is the only website the fuuking pariah can exist on now.
The other hunting web sites on the www have pretty much shunned this POS.
Been plenty of links put up about this azzclown to show what he is.
A fuuuking liar.
A fuuking poacher.
A fuuking fraud...

What's next you all gonna ask Bin to let all the other scumball con artist and known poachers back with open arms so you can feed their need for relevance in the land of 1,s and 0,s.

I respect alot of you guys posting on this thread.
Alot of you are solid guys.

But JFC...
Some of you need to stop feeding scumbags like this guy with any interaction, acknowledgement, and let alone any attaboy praise...

He is using you guys as rubes for praise is what it boils down too.

SMH.....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LMFAO!!!
Poacher boy is sending me PM now.
I musta struck a nerve.
🤣🤣🤣

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DeadHead
Fûck off fat ass

Well that didn't take long.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

273 members (338reddog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 23 invisible), 1,828 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,628
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.