Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

Ain't it a fhuqking HILARIOUS constant,that the only thing you "bring" are Hurt Feelers and Stolen Pictures...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon wares that exist,as you Whine aloud. Hint.

Now you can say you've "seen" a 180,though you couldn't pick it out of the crowd. This is a VERY Big Day,for someone like you. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
OK...here go's from the peanut seats....

Last year I bought a TC CM thinking about using it to burn ap all the left over 6.5 left over bullets from the last melinium of 4 or 5 6.5 rifles that have all gone to other folks, while my right shoulder got enrolled into a healing schedule, due to bone spurs left over by VA Dallas in and around the right shoulder socket. I've still got a mixed lot of about a K of 6 or 7 brands and styles, but the double fist sized non malignant tumor behind my ear that prevented me from being able to raising my hand even to scratch my ear, has NOW been flushed down the toilet Praise God. Then the Shingles nitemare erupted....

Please Keep this conversation alive since the PRC looks like a major improvement over the standard Creed More rifle can produce as far as a game getter. Last friday I paid next years Range Fee ....and stumbled into a cherry deal on a Ruger 7RMg that sounds like it would fit well with my pair of 270's ..... AND the rough looking all composite TC Creed More that was bought specifically for use in and around the Movie Set left over from the 1950's movies set of "Creature from the Black Lagoon".. Find Tyler, Texas, Palestine Texas or Jacksonville, Texas to see what I'm talking about.

We are having a drought and both of the local newspapers have published pic's of the Civil War Era ocean going sized ships that have emerged from the bottom of the Sabine River to see what I'm talking about, just up river from Jacksonville.
Ron

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sakoron
OK...here go's from the peanut seats....

Last year I bought a TC CM thinking about using it to burn ap all the left over 6.5 left over bullets from the last melinium of 4 or 5 6.5 rifles that have all gone to other folks, while my right shoulder got enrolled into a healing schedule, due to bone spurs left over by VA Dallas in and around the right shoulder socket. I've still got a mixed lot of about a K of 6 or 7 brands and styles, but the double fist sized non malignant tumor behind my ear that prevented me from being able to raising my hand even to scratch my ear, has NOW been flushed down the toilet Praise God. Then the Shingles nitemare erupted....

Please Keep this conversation alive since the PRC looks like a major improvement over the standard Creed More rifle can produce as far as a game getter. Last friday I paid next years Range Fee ....and stumbled into a cherry deal on a Ruger 7RMg that sounds like it would fit well with my pair of 270's ..... AND the rough looking all composite TC Creed More that was bought specifically for use in and around the Movie Set left over from the 1950's movies set of "Creature from the Black Lagoon".. Find Tyler, Texas, Palestine Texas or Jacksonville, Texas to see what I'm talking about.

We are having a drought and both of the local newspapers have published pic's of the Civil War Era ocean going sized ships that have emerged from the bottom of the Sabine River to see what I'm talking about, just up river from Jacksonville.
Ron
Not sure I can make heads or tails of this

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think he said the Creedmoor sucks & they're about dry, I'm guessing outta 'shine ... or beer at the very least

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't understand why anyone would get worked up over a new cartridge. Grumpy boomers I guess? Compare away, that's what makes it fun. Even if the 7 PRC is better.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
OP..."What can this do that my 30-06 can't?"

Same thing could be said of the 270 Winchester in 1925.

People that make comments like that lead boring routine lives.

R
R
Originally Posted by tzone
I don't understand why anyone would get worked up over a new cartridge. Grumpy boomers I guess? Compare away, that's what makes it fun. Even if the 7 PRC is better.

This

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Well... thankfully I'm not a grumpy boomer, just a regular boomer! And I like performance, whether it's my 600hp Camaro, my nicely set up Tundra, my rifles, my pistols... whatever!

I picked up a 7mm PRC, to augment my 7mm Rem Mags, because I wanted to, absolutely no need involved.

This is just another opinion thread... and opinions are like a**holes....

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never been impressed enough by 30/06 performance to buy one.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DubThomas
I've never been impressed enough by 30/06 performance to buy one.

Compared to what and for what application?

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I suppose when I was younger a new cartridge rolling on the scene was sorta interesting. As I get older, it seems I just chuckle a bit and think to myself … what can this chambering do that my 30/06 can’t? I’m sure you’ll hear from folks claiming some sorta niche it may be capable of but I got to ask myself is it something we all really were looking for? Simplicity is what satisfies myself these days. I guess we will see how much marketing is dumped into another cartridge.

While usually not particularly grumpy I'm as much of an 06 guy as you'll find. I've only ever shot big game with one of three .30-06's - my dad's BAR, a post '64 model 70 (that shoots lights out) and my faithful pump gun. I LOVE the .30-06. I will never NEED anything else. The one and only centerfire rifle I've ever purchased was my Remington .30-06 carbine pump gun (loonyism's symptoms don't always include "churning") and that was 20 years ago.

Just had a rifle built in 7PRC. I don't need the damn thing but I sure am having fun with it! It definitely does things my .30-06's won't which is not your point. Will the differences ever make any real world difference to a hunter like me? Almost certainly not. But, theoretically they could! And, one of the funnest things that the 7PRC is that the '06 just can't be is new. You should get one, RickyBobby!

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
R
R
Originally Posted by 1eyedmule
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I suppose when I was younger a new cartridge rolling on the scene was sorta interesting. As I get older, it seems I just chuckle a bit and think to myself … what can this chambering do that my 30/06 can’t? I’m sure you’ll hear from folks claiming some sorta niche it may be capable of but I got to ask myself is it something we all really were looking for? Simplicity is what satisfies myself these days. I guess we will see how much marketing is dumped into another cartridge.

While usually not particularly grumpy I'm as much of an 06 guy as you'll find. I've only ever shot big game with one of three .30-06's - my dad's BAR, a post '64 model 70 (that shoots lights out) and my faithful pump gun. I LOVE the .30-06. I will never NEED anything else. The one and only centerfire rifle I've ever purchased was my Remington .30-06 carbine pump gun (loonyism's symptoms don't always include "churning") and that was 20 years ago.

Just had a rifle built in 7PRC. I don't need the damn thing but I sure am having fun with it! It definitely does things my .30-06's won't which is not your point. Will the differences ever make any real world difference to a hunter like me? Almost certainly not. But, theoretically they could! And, one of the funnest things that the 7PRC is that the '06 just can't be is new. You should get one, RickyBobby!

You should take some long range classes. Stretch that 7PRCs legs out. Will really give you an appreciation for what it can do over a 30-06. I was shocked when I dropped my first elk at 688yards. My 30-06 cant do that.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
You're probably right, RobHazmat. I would probably really enjoy learning to shoot at those distances. Opportunities for that in my neck of the woods are limited. I think, there's a 1,000 yard range 3 hours from me.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
R
R
Originally Posted by 1eyedmule
You're probably right, RobHazmat. I would probably really enjoy learning to shoot at those distances. Opportunities for that in my neck of the woods are limited. I think, there's a 1,000 yard range 3 hours from me.

It was the same for me in Florida, not a whole lot of ranges past 100 yards here. I decided to take some long range classes when I was visiting home in Michigan. I got hooked and got more training. One of the coolest experiences so far as a hunter. Its nice when youre confident enough in your cartridge to be able to hit out to that distance, and also confident enough that itll actually drop what youre shooting at. At this point i dont really have a need for my 30-06, other than nostalgia. But my 7PRC is probably going to stay as my "do-it-all" rifle from here on out.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,739
Posts18,495,048
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.