Hop To
Page 75 of 315 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 314 315
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Friend Aces is describing Russian morale, and Russian troops. The Ukrainians are moving forward to reclaim what is theirs and are, in fact, winning this awful war.

Friend Jag, would you like me to bump your thread where you predicted Russia would win in, what was it, 3 days? 4? Yeah buddy… you were, are, and continue to be dead wrong about this one.

Hahaha. You were right there. I didn't know Putin wasn't going with the A team and just meant to scare Zelensky into giving up to prevent the total destruction of the Ukranian military.

You're living proof a blind squirrel finds an acorn on occasion.

How long was it youse guys were predicting it would be before Zelenskys troops were in Red Square?

As stupid as you are I expect you will be ecstatic of news of a looming war while thinking you and yours are immune to nukes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yeah, no, I never predicted anything about Ukrainian troops rolling into Red Square.

A-team… that’s FUNNY. Most of Russia’s “A-team” is moldering in their graves in Ukrainian soil, having been squandered in the early part of the war due to Putin’s utter incompetence and detachment from reality.

Ukraine is through the first, main line of defense. They have Russian supply routes in the “land bridge” literally in visual range, some of them at least, and certainly in HIMARS and tube artillery range. As they consolidate their gains they’ll move that stuff forward, and start hitting those routes, at which point Crimea becomes untenable, for civilians at least. That’s a huge deal; you’ll see.

Russia can’t do much about it, partly because they lack effective counter-battery capabilities, which has now been public ally called out twice by different high-ranking Russian military officers. Ukraine ITOH does have very effective counter-battery capabilities, and have been greatly degrading Russian artillery for months now to prep for exactly what’s happening.

Russia lost this war a long time ago. Unfortunately a bunch more people, on both sides, are gonna die before that reality is finally understood by the Russian people. I make no predictions in timeline. It’ll certainly be at least 2024. Another month or so and large-scale mechanized movements will be shut down by fall rains. But, unless something changes, just what Ukraine has now accomplished will, as I explained above, be an absolute disaster for Russia with regards to Crimea.

You’ll see. You won’t acknowledge it, but you’ll see.

Go back to bed, Jeff. No one rang the retard bell at the Campfire.

Sure they did. And you came runnin’! 😂

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To the point of this thread as evidenced by its title: if Ukraine does as I’m saying and cuts the land bridge… then this counter-offensive is not in fact a belly-flop.

I know actual reality has been a big meany-poo to folks here lately. Get used to it. It only gets worse from here. wink

Ham sammich time. Then metric ID threads to cut on the HLVH clone. Very civilized, that.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Friend Aces is describing Russian morale, and Russian troops. The Ukrainians are moving forward to reclaim what is theirs and are, in fact, winning this awful war.

Friend Jag, would you like me to bump your thread where you predicted Russia would win in, what was it, 3 days? 4? Yeah buddy… you were, are, and continue to be dead wrong about this one.

Hahaha. You were right there. I didn't know Putin wasn't going with the A team and just meant to scare Zelensky into giving up to prevent the total destruction of the Ukranian military.

You're living proof a blind squirrel finds an acorn on occasion.

How long was it youse guys were predicting it would be before Zelenskys troops were in Red Square?

As stupid as you are I expect you will be ecstatic of news of a looming war while thinking you and yours are immune to nukes.

Yeah, no, I never predicted anything about Ukrainian troops rolling into Red Square.

A-team… that’s FUNNY. Most of Russia’s “A-team” is moldering in their graves in Ukrainian soil, having been squandered in the early part of the war due to Putin’s utter incompetence and detachment from reality.

Ukraine is through the first, main line of defense. They have Russian supply routes in the “land bridge” literally in visual range, some of them at least, and certainly in HIMARS and tube artillery range. As they consolidate their gains they’ll move that stuff forward, and start hitting those routes, at which point Crimea becomes untenable, for civilians at least. That’s a huge deal; you’ll see.

Russia can’t do much about it, partly because they lack effective counter-battery capabilities, which has now been public ally called out twice by different high-ranking Russian military officers. Ukraine ITOH does have very effective counter-battery capabilities, and have been greatly degrading Russian artillery for months now to prep for exactly what’s happening.

Russia lost this war a long time ago. Unfortunately a bunch more people, on both sides, are gonna die before that reality is finally understood by the Russian people. I make no predictions in timeline. It’ll certainly be at least 2024. Another month or so and large-scale mechanized movements will be shut down by fall rains. But, unless something changes, just what Ukraine has now accomplished will, as I explained above, be an absolute disaster for Russia with regards to Crimea.

You’ll see. You won’t acknowledge it, but you’ll see.

Go back to bed, Jeff. No one rang the retard bell at the Campfire.

Sure they did. And you came runnin’! 😂

You’re a professional at being wrong.

Why won’t you answer about what facts have you so butthurt over Trump? Low gas prices, low grocery prices , etc? What is so wrong with this ? It’s not like we were headed towards Hell as a country under his watch? We are definitely toward Hell currently under our pro LGBTQ and such administration currently. I’m just asking for simple facts about why Americans should be butt hurt over Trump?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Jeff,
This is your platform to present the facts of why you’re so butt hurt? We’re waiting.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

Jeff looks like your activism sexualizing and grooming 4 year olds in Oregon is working. You must be really proud!!

https://x.com/libsoftiktok/status/1697591886918086905?s=46&t=FPXZLpV65l9eMXM9hT6MJA

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/ukraine-conflict-updates

Key Takeaways:

Ukrainian military officers offered notably frank and direct commentary about the prospects of further Ukrainian advances in western Zaporizhia Oblast and indicated that the series of prepared Russian defensive positions immediately ahead and further south of the Ukrainian advance may be less challenging to Ukrainian forces.
Ukrainian military officials particularly noted that advancing Ukrainian forces can operate more freely in areas with sparser Russian minefields.
Ukrainian forces continued counteroffensive operations and advanced near Bakhmut and in western Zaporizhia Oblast on September 3.
Several Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces continue to operate on the left (east) bank of the Dnipro River in occupied Kherson Oblast.
Russian forces conducted a series of drone strikes targeting Ukrainian port infrastructure in Odesa Oblast on September 3.
The Russian military appears to be recruiting personnel at scale through ongoing crypto-mobilization efforts, although the quality and allocation of these new servicemembers remains unclear.
Russian forces conducted offensive operations along the Kupyansk-Svatove-Kreminna line, near Bakhmut, along the Avdiivka-Donetsk City line, in western Donetsk, in the western Donetsk–eastern Zaporizhia border area, and in western Zaporizhia Oblast and advanced in some areas on September 3.
Russian law enforcement is patrolling and guarding polling stations in occupied Ukraine to prevent citizens from expressing opposition to the elections and recording the voting process.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Day 90 of the cuckraine counter-expensive.

None of the country taken by Russia has been retaken.

Last edited by Fubarski; 09/03/23. Reason: Can't add
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I propose we take up a collection to send our Ukraine faction over there to report back on what they see. They can even join up and help out the Nazi battalion.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
yes, we ought to send a collection to the Jewish president to give it to the the Nazis. hey, wait a minute. don't Nazis kill Jews? i seem to remember i got taught that in school? the history teacher kept on talking that the nazi something, kill something and jews something? i must have forgot. don't matter. you are going to send aid to the Jewish president.

dumb russkie boys always say that. read a history book, russkie boy.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/us-not-running-out-munitions-ukraine-aid/

US Not Running Out of Munitions Due to Ukraine Aid, Pentagon Acquisition Boss Says
Aug. 30, 2023 | By John A. Tirpak
Despite sending more than $43 billion in military aid to Ukraine—both lethal and non-lethal—the U.S. is not “running out” of any particular munitions or equipment needed for its own forces, Pentagon acquisition and sustainment chief William LaPlante told attendees at a defense conference in Washington, D.C.

“We’re not running out of anything,” LaPlante said in a fireside chat at the inaugural conference of the National Defense Industrial Association’s Emerging Technology Institute on Aug. 28.

“In the papers, sometimes, it says, ‘we’ve run out of X or Y,’” because of aid to Ukraine, but that’s not true, LaPLante said.

“We’re not running out of anything,” LaPlante said in a fireside chat at the inaugural conference of the National Defense Industrial Association’s Emerging Technology Institute on Aug. 28.

“In the papers, sometimes, it says, ‘we’ve run out of X or Y,’” because of aid to Ukraine, but that’s not true, LaPLante said.

“We’re managing all of that,” he added, describing the process to identify items for Ukraine that are excess to U.S. military needs. Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs review the lists of what’s being offered and what’s being requested, “and they look exactly at the effect on readiness” of providing those items, LaPlante said. If they feel there’s a negative effect, or if handing off a certain weapon or quantity of weapons increases risk beyond an acceptable level, “we won’t do it,” he said, although he didn’t cite any examples of equipment withheld.

There have been concerns in Congress that providing large quantities of Stinger anti-aircraft missiles and Javelin anti-tank missiles to Ukraine is emptying U.S. stocks, but LaPlante said there are enough on hand and has previously said his organization is working to shorten lead times for replenishment orders.

The real challenge has been to not simply provide equipment as requested, but to anticipate what Ukraine will need and have it moving through the pipeline so it arrives in a timely manner, LaPlante noted.

For example, Ukraine needed different military equipment for its ongoing counteroffensive than in the early days of the conflict, when it was focused on holding ground and repelling advances.

Since then, it’s been an effort of matching provision of gear to “the consumption rate,” LaPLante said, and in some cases such as artillery, those rates approximate the consumption in World War II.

Once the Pentagon identifies an anticipated need, “you have to look at all the tools … [and] find the best one” to get the aid to Ukraine in a sensible way, he said. Sometimes, that will mean exercising authority Congress has given to buy new items for Ukraine and ship them directly, while at other times it means asking another country to buy or provide it.

More broadly, LaPlante said there has been a mindset change in the U.S. defense industrial base as a result of the Ukraine war. In the past, U.S. stockpiles were geared toward short conflicts and not surges. That’s changed as think tanks and Pentagon wargamers expand the timescale of their exercises, to see what would happen if a conflict didn’t last a few weeks but a year or more, he said. When the timelines are extended, it usually leads to a shortage of precision guided munitions, especially at an intense level of effort, he said.

Although this has shown up in some previous wargames, “we didn’t budget to it,” LaPLante said, and he acknowledged that munitions have frequently been the account that gets cut when budgets tighten. Moreover, during the 20 years the U.S. was fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq, there was a tendency to produce the minimum of high-end weapons needed for peer conflict.

The push now is to do more multiyear procurements, and LaPlante said that shows industry they can safely invest in expanding capacity.

Congress has given “tremendous support” in provisioning Ukraine, LaPlante asserted, although it’s taken “a lot of education” with some members. He expressed optimism that support will continue.

A new wrinkle in the aid to Ukraine will be sustainment, LaPlante said. The M1 Abrams tanks being provided to Ukraine “won’t work” in a few weeks if they don’t undergo certain kinds of maintenance. The U.S. can’t put its own troops on the battlefield and doesn’t want to expose contractors to that risk either, so LaPlante said the U.S. is increasingly turning to “tele-maintenance,” wherein contractors or Army personnel walk Ukrainian maintainers through the process remotely.

What’s being learned is applicable to how the U.S. may sustain equipment in future conflicts, as tele-maintenance will make it possible to reduce the forward footprint of troops and contractors.

All in all, LaPlante said the defense enterprise has done a “remarkable” job in streamlining processes to get Ukraine the gear it needs in a timely manner. Configuring the M1 tanks in a way that was acceptable to the Army—removing some gear considered too sensitive to risk Russia gaining access to it—normally takes a year and a half, LaPlante said, but the Army managed it in six months.

"Russia sucks."

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Ukraine is running short of men. Poland is extraditing them some. Germany is thinking about it.

https://tass.com/world/1669287

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Criscoe

Getting your news from TASS ?
Silly fugger

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Criscoe

Silly fugger

What did you just say?

We couldn't hear, what with your throat being full of Biden's and MSM's dick and all.....

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.criticalthreats.org/analysis/ukraine-invasion-updates-ctp

Key Takeaways:

Ukrainian light infantry has advanced to positions beyond anti-tank ditches and dragon’s teeth anti-tank obstacles that comprise the current Russian defensive layer ahead of the Ukrainian advance in western Zaporizhia Oblast, and Ukrainian forces likely intend to hold those positions. ISW is not prepared to assess that Ukrainian forces have breached this Russian defensive layer in the absence of observed Ukrainian heavy equipment in these areas.
Russian forces reportedly attempted to expand minefields in southern Ukraine following the start of the Ukrainian counteroffensive in June.
Limitations on Russian artillery capabilities and Ukrainian advantages in counter-battery fire are forcing the Russians to deviate from their own doctrine, RUSI reported.
Russian forces conducted a drone strike on Dnipropetrovsk and Odesa oblasts on the night of September 3-4.
Russian President Vladimir Putin reiterated Russia’s unwillingness to rejoin the Black Sea Grain Initiative until all of Russia’s extensive terms are met at a meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Head of the UN Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Ukraine Erik Mose stated on September 4 that the commission has not yet concluded that Russia is committing genocide in Ukraine.
Russian forces conducted offensive operations along the Kupyansk-Svatove-Kreminna line, near Bakhmut, along the Avdiivka-Donetsk City line, in the western Donetsk-eastern Zaporizhia Oblast border area, and in western Zaporizhia Oblast and advanced in some areas on September 4.
Ukrainian forces conducted offensive operations and advanced near Bakhmut and in western Zaporizhia Oblast on September 4.
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu announced on September 4 that the Russian military will not be holding “Zapad-2023” joint strategic exercises scheduled for September.
Russian occupation officials continued the fifth day of early voting for Russian regional elections in occupied territories on September 4.

"Russia sucks."

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Criscoe

Silly fugger

Poor Tooty. You must be exhausted.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66388422

Russia conscription laws change, leaving some fearful of Ukraine war call-up
Published
5 August

By Olga Ivshina
BBC News Russia
"Now I live in a state of constant fear. I can't plan anything," says Peter, 27.

He is a salesman living in St Petersburg - but he is now at risk of being called up to fight as part of the Ukraine war.

At the end of July, Russia raised the maximum conscription age by three years, widening the pool of men that can be called up to serve. Peter is one of millions affected by this change.

Before, all healthy men in Russia aged between 18 and 27 had to serve one year of compulsory military service. Conscription was carried out twice a year.

Now, all men up to 30 years of age can be called up.

"I was going to get a mortgage this year and buy a flat for our family," Peter tells the BBC. "My wife and I were discussing plans for the future. Now everything is on hold.

"From next January I can be called up to serve and sent to Ukraine. I don't want to join the army, I don't want to take part in this war and die for someone else's goals."

The Russian parliament has also passed a bill that significantly increases fines for those who fail to show up at an enlistment office after they get a draft notice.

They can be fined up to 30,000 roubles (about £250/$315) when the law comes into force on 1 October. That is 10 times the current maximum fine.

Last autumn, when the government announced a mobilisation of 300,000 reservists, tens of thousands of men left Russia. Now, officials have imposed a new law that prohibits conscripts from leaving the country once they receive their draft notice.

'I want to see my daughter live in peace'
Alex is 30 and works at a factory in Moscow. His position is considered critical, so he was promised a document that gives him immunity from being drafted, he says.

"Two weeks ago I suddenly started getting numerous calls and messages from the military enlistment office. They were telling me I must come and register as being immune to the draft," he tells the BBC.

"I was in doubt but eventually decided to go," he says.

To his surprise, military enlistment officers started telling him that "he must be a real man and not hide behind his papers".

Then, he says, one of the officers took his documents and stamped them, obliging Alex to join the army in case of mobilisation. He tried to protest.

"The officer became gloomy and told me that [the] 'motherland has given a lot and that men are born to be soldiers. So now I must be ready to fight and die for motherland.

"I said that I don't want to fight or die - I want to see my daughter grow and live in peace. [The officer] reminded me that if I fail to show up, I may get up to 15 years in prison," says Alex.

'If I go to the dentist, they might send me to war'
In April, Russian lawmakers adopted another law which creates a digital conscription notice system.

It allows call-up papers to be served online instead of in person, greatly increasing the chance of finding those who try to avoid joining the army.

Alex says he now fears that wherever he goes, the government will keep an eye on him: "I am afraid that even if I go to the dentist, they can catch me and send me to war.

"My anxiety has reached its maximum levels. I try to look calm not to stress my wife and daughter but they still see that I am struggling."

At the start of the invasion, Russia's President Vladimir Putin promised that conscripts wouldn't take part in active combat. However, there is evidence that at least some conscripts have been deployed to fight in Ukraine on a number of occasions.

The BBC's Russian service has confirmed that at least 57 conscripts have been killed during the past 17 months of invasion.

Currently, hundreds of conscripts are used to guard the Russian-Ukrainian border.

"Our boys are deployed to the border with Ukraine. Some were already killed, others are wounded," says Valentina, whose 19-year-old son was conscripted to the army last autumn and was sent to the Bryansk region, which borders Ukraine.

"Rockets are constantly flying there, Russian positions are constantly being fired at from drones.

"Is this really a suitable task for conscripts? They have got almost zero training. Where are the border guards and professional units?"

She has written numerous complaints to military officials and the prosecution office, she says, without receiving a substantial response.

Russia is thought to have sustained heavy casualties in nearly a year and a half of fighting, but the country's defence ministry is reluctant to release figures.

An independent investigation conducted by the BBC Russian service, together with independent Russian website website Mediazona, has confirmed the names of more than 29,000 Russian fighters who were killed during the invasion.

This includes both Russian servicemen and individuals fighting for the Wagner mercenary group. It is a bare minimum figure for Russia's total war losses, but the real number is likely to be at least twice this amount.

"My father supports Putin, so after the start of the invasion we barely speak," says Peter, the 27-year-old salesman in St Petersburg. He has recently spoken to lawyers who said that, legally, he should be given reservist status, because he turned 27 before the new law came into force.

However, they immediately added that if he goes to the military office trying to check his status, he may be drafted on the spot.

"Russia sucks."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ght-in-ukraine-uk-intel-says/ar-AA1fVwB4

Russia more than doubled salaries of some soldiers but is still struggling to recruit people to fight in Ukraine, UK intel says
Story by sbakerinsider.com (Sinéad Baker) •
6d

Russia's payments to soldiers have soared since it invaded Ukraine, the UK's Ministry of Defence said.
Mobilized private soldiers make more than double what lieutenants got when the invasion began.
Russia, which has struggled to recruit soldiers, likely still won't get as many as it wants, the MoD said.

Russia's payments to many of its soldiers more than doubled since the start of its invasion, but Russia is unlikely to recruit as many fighters as it wants, according to UK intelligence.

The UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) said in an intelligence update on Tuesday that "military service in the Russian Armed Forces has become increasingly lucrative since the invasion."

Russian President Vladimir Putin said on February 4, 2022, 20 days before he started his full-scale invasion, that a lieutenant received 81,200 rubles (now worth around $849) per month, according to the MoD.

By October 2022, Putin said soldiers far below that rank would make more than double that, saying mobilized private soldiers would receive 195,000 rubles (now worth around $2039) per month.

"Russia sucks."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...lummets-uk-intelligence-says/ar-AA1fZeIQ

Hundreds of Russian soldiers are going AWOL and refusing to fight as morale plummets, UK intelligence says
Story by tspirletinsider.com (Thibault Spirlet) •
5d

Russia's conviction rate for AWOL soldiers soared to 100 a week, UK officials said.
Lack of training, low motivation, and the dangers of combat were driving the trend, they said.
Russia has deep problems with recruitment, and is offering big cash rewards to sign up.
Almost 100 Russian soldiers are convicted every week for refusing to fight in Ukraine, UK intelligence said Wednesday, part of a broader manpower crisis in the Russian military.

British officials were passing on figures reported by Mediazona, an independent Russian news outlet.

The UK Ministry of Defence said "the high rate of convictions demonstrates the poor state of morale in the Russian Army and the reluctance of some elements to fight."

It pointed to a wider struggle for Russia to motivate people to fight in Ukraine. On Tuesday, British officials noted that Russia was struggling to recruit despite more than doubling pay for some ranks in its military, making it one of the most lucrative careers in Russia.

But the high fatality rates on the front lines make signing up a risky decision, which many try hard to avoid.

Mediazona, citing data from the websites of military courts as of July 19, reported a dramatic increase in cases of Russian soldiers absent without official leave (AWOL) since March 2023.

By June, Russian military courts were handing out 100 sentences per week, the outlet said.
Two Russian soldiers were last week sentenced to serve at least two years in a penal colony for disobeying orders to return to the frontlines in Ukraine, the UK officials said.

It attributed the trend to a "lack of training, motivation, and high stress situations" faced by Russian forces in the war, the MoD added.

"Although some soldiers have refused to fight and attrition rates remain high, Russia highly likely mitigates their loss by committing a mass of poorly trained soldiers to the frontline."

As well as hiking pay, Russian has been reaching beyond its own citizens to staff the army. Tactics have included recruiting Central Asian migrant workers based in Russia and offering a $5,200 sign-on bonus to recruits from neighboring Kazakhstan.

After mobilizing 300,000 soldiers in the autumn of 2022, Moscow set a goal of recruiting 400,000 more by December 2023.

Many military analysts think the goal is implausible, given that it took far longer to recruit smaller numbers in the past.

In addition to low morale, the respected Institute for the Study of War think tank stated last week that the Russian military is suffering from infighting and shortages.

"Russian commanders regularly punish servicemen who keep their vehicles for minor administrative violations, and that Russian personnel feel that they are "at war" with their commanders," the ISW said, citing the influential Russian military-blogger community.

Russia's military has suffered 120,000 deaths since the start of the war, US officials told The New York Times.

"Russia sucks."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Criscoe

Silly fugger

Poor Tooty. You must be exhausted.

You know men, up here in Canada in the groups following this situation they find these fellows like jeffo and toots to be the laughing stock of the internet.
They find it hard to believe that these guys are actually posting and believing what comes out of ukeraine.
They thought I was kidding.
Well now they see it and are shocked.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Poles tell of tragic situation in the Ukraine.

Tragic Situation in Ukraine

A Pole about the tragic situation in Ukraine. "They have no one to fight"
For weeks, everyone has been waiting for information about any successes of the Ukrainian offensive. Sławomir Wysocki - a Pole who regularly goes to Ukraine to help, tells how tragic the situation is there. - The human losses are huge. Western equipment burns like matches. It is much worse than is commonly portrayed, he says.

For a long time there have been voices that Ukraine, during its attempted offensive, is beating its head against the wall. Experts say that for two months they managed to penetrate only one of the Russian defense lines . It's not enough to talk about success.

Sławomir Wysocki - a Pole who regularly travels to Ukraine, where he provides soldiers with equipment necessary on the front line, went with members of the "Russian Pursuit" organization to Avdiivka - a city in the eastern part of Ukraine, in the Donetsk region. In an interview with Wirtualna Polska, he says that "the situation was gruesome" .

He saw the Ukrainian revolutions: it is a continuation of one path
"If we hadn't gone there, those people would have starved to death"
- Avdiivka was quite heavily shelled. We were asked if we really wanted to go there. We said - of course we did. If we hadn't gone there, those people who stayed there would have starved to death. There is no other help there. In the city of 40,000, where until 2014 one of the largest coking plants in the Donbass was located, there are maybe 200 people left, he says.

The city, he says, is not completely ruined, but it is abandoned, broken, flats are burnt, the infrastructure is destroyed. Old people still live in horror houses . They don't want to leave. The only help they get is from charities, help from us - says Wysocki.

Avdiivka is under constant fire. The authorities announced the evacuation at the end of March this year. The city was in the "red zone". - I was there for the first time, for the first time so close to Donetsk. The situation there is very difficult. A boy from the "Pogoń Ruska" organization told me that when he was there, he was afraid for the first time – he adds.

"There is no success there"
And he emphasizes that the mood in eastern Ukraine, in Donbass, is bad. - In the spring, at the beginning of summer, they hoped that they would be able to carry out an effective offensive, that they would be able to drive the Russians away. However, there are no successes there. For months, they only penetrated the enemy's first line of defense - estimates Wysocki.

- Human losses on the Ukrainian side are huge. Western equipment burns like matches. It is much worse than is commonly portrayed.

Wysocki says that he has recently counted the graves in Lviv. - There are about 100 graves in the old part of the cemetery, some from 2014. There are over 600 of them in the new part. We have about 700 burials from the city of about 700,000. In the villages, this proportion is colossally different. When I drive through them, I see cemeteries along the street. On each of them there are from a few to a dozen new graves. There are flags next to each, it is easy to recognize them - he reports.

He was eight months in captivity. "As in Auschwitz"
- There are over two thousand graves in Kharkiv. In addition, there are corpses that have not been found, that have been torn apart in the trenches or are buried in cellars in Bakhmut. These losses can no longer be hidden. Just go and count the graves in Ukrainian cemeteries. Soldiers also see it - says the interlocutor of Wirtualna Polska.

Wysocki also talks about a meeting he had a few days ago, which he describes as traumatic. He spoke to a man in his 60s who was a sergeant in the marines, defending Azovstal. For eight months he was in Russian captivity, lost 30 kg and is now trying to heal as much as possible. - I asked him how it was there. He told me: 'Sławek, like in Auschwitz'. I didn't ask for anything else, " he says.

"The Russian army has already learned everything and has caught up with everything"
The last time I spoke with Sławomir Wysocki was at the end of July . Today, a Pole tells me directly: - Two months ago, I was full of optimism about Kupiańska. At the moment, it still manages to hold positions. How long? I don't know. It seems that the Russians are doing everything to reach Kupiansk, where they will take their positions for the spring offensive , predicts the interlocutor of Wirtualna Polska.

How do the Ukrainians fighting on the front relate to the Russian defense system? "They're terrified," Vysotsky says shortly. - They know that the Russian army has already learned everything and has caught up with everything, they are thoroughly prepared. The Russians have very good engineer troops. The defense system was built by construction companies. It wasn't the peasant who waved the shovel around to build the trench. Companies came, poured concrete, made fortifications in the style of the Maginot Line. And there are three or four of these lines - he adds vividly.

- Ukrainians say that there are five mines on one square meter. You can't put your foot down without one of them exploding.

Ukrainians are running out of time. "The prognosis is not promising"
"They have no one to fight"
Due to such a difficult situation at the front, with more and more victims, are they still willing to defend their homeland? - There are no takers. They are even found in the streets. In Lviv, there are "round-ups" outside the city center, people are taken from the construction site, people enter pubs, where the working class comes to drink beer and people are "gathered" - he says .

- Recently, I witnessed such a situation at the bus station No. 2 in Lviv. Five policemen stood and checked everyone who wanted to leave Lwów. Couldn't explain himself? He was going to the page. They detained eight people - says the Pole.

And he explains that many of the reasons for this situation have their origin in Bakhmut. - It was such a drainage, a meat grinder on both sides ... There is no one to fight. Soldiers say: we have something, and soon we will have no one to fight - these were the voices in May. And now they just don't have anyone anymore .

"Ukrainians are losing the flower of their society"
In his opinion, Vladimir Putin loses "plebs" in the war. - He sends there the poorest, uneducated, people who want to earn money. And Ukrainians are losing the flower of their society. These are losses as in the Warsaw Uprising - he adds vividly. And he emphasizes: - The most experienced people die, including those who fought in 2014. Those without experience spent four hours in Bachmut in the spring.

And he gives the example of his friend, who was the chief financial analyst in the largest commercial bank in Kiev. - On the first day of the war, he took his wife and child out of Lwów. He immediately enlisted, although he had never been in the army. He hasn't seen them in over a year and a half. He wasn't on any pass. For a year he was in the trenches on the Belarusian-Ukrainian border, and now he has been transferred to Kupiansk, where he was preparing the trenches. He's a little over 40, she says.

"Ukrainians will not give up"
- The Russians are waiting for winter to start destroying Ukraine's critical infrastructure again. They are hoping that after a mild winter last year, a harsh one will come this year. And that they will be able to finish off Ukraine in such a way that in the spring they will reach Kiev and force Ukraine to "peace", predicts Vysotsky.

As he adds, "Ukrainians will not give up." “They will bleed out for the next few years. But if Europe does not understand that this is Russia's war against all of Europe, and not just Ukraine, the losses will be even greater. And they are already powerful - adds the interlocutor of Wirtualna Polska.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You heard it here first - Ukraine will begin drafting women.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 75 of 315 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 314 315

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (257man, 1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 117LBS, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 1,915 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,264
Posts18,525,337
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.