Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We worked together at the school where I was in my first year as elementary principal. The district had funding cuts and she was moved from a position as teacher aide at the junior high. The secretary at my school resigned as she had an invalid son to raise and she needed back surgery from lifting. My wife begrudgingly took the job. We both were lonely and in horrible marriages. We both confided in each other and she was my right hand (and still is). After we both divorced our spouses, we began dating. I met her folks, was promised a supper of tomato gravy and cat head biscuits, hunted on their 440 acres and was caught. Best thing that ever happened to me. I ended up raising her 7 year old son after the ex was killed in the line of duty as a police chief. She was kind to me and my son, and we had a son together. Been married 42 years this past March. We built a small 2 story home that overlooks the Delta. Been thru good times and hard times. She’s a 2X breast cancer survivor and has been my caregiver giver thru Covid. Life is good. She is a fine Christian lady and prayed for me and mine for decades till I saw the light. I hate to image life without her her. She’s the reason I’m still alive. Had another near death experience and chose to live because she needed me.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Blind date. 48 years through thick and thin next Feb.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I played golf, she was the beer cart girl.

Best reason for love at first sight I have seen in the whole thread.

I was friends with my wife's older brother. He was in my class in high school. She was a tom boy at that time about 4 years younger than her brother and I. I went away to college for 4 years and when I returned home boy had she grown up nicely. Been married for 25 years now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stopped in the grocery to cash a check, had to poop.

As I got to the bathroom the door opened and a cute girl held the door for me.
She had just pooped, and it stunk so bad I spun around to walk out, slipped,
and hit my head. When I came to, she was kneeling over me............
and I thought "She is an angel".

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing
What was you "Pickup Line".

My answer(s) to follow...

In the case if Tonto, AS, GG or PB... et al...

("How did you meet your guy?" is 100% tolerant... i.e. No homophobes allowed... on a perfect normal and average Tuesday night...

which one ??

cry

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She asked me to dance at a country dance party at her college. If my line dance skills were judged accurately that night, for the following date, we wouldn’t have three sons and be celebrating 20 years of marriage next year.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by luv2safari
She was a good friend's wife. laugh
What a POS you are

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mine approached me thank Jesus.
I had been out doing feral hog patrol on some rice fields that we had just planted and shot a 344lb red barrow hog that was rolling fat and I decided to take home and butcher. It was laying on my flatbed and she pulled up beside me at the stoplight and motioned me to roll down my window. Figured that kinda beautiful woman was gonna be a greenie and have something crappy to say.
She said something like “ you are hauling a lot of bacon” and wanted to show her 6yo son. She followed me to a gas station and hasn’t left my side no matter how much I F’up and misbehave for 17years

I’d be dead if I’d not met her

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Met my wife the first day of kindergarten.

Never gave each other a second look or thought until we were about 15. Got married when we were 24. Been together over 40 years, married 36.

She still looks good to me. Can't think of anybody I would rather bang.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My wife ran a pizza joint and I drove a keg beer truck. She was having a party at her place and I had what she needed. We lived together 3 years just to make sure, and were married 31 and 1/2 before the big C got her Aug 18, 5 years ago. I miss her like it was yesterday.

Last edited by leesway2; 09/04/23. Reason: coma
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
What was you "Pickup Line".

My answer(s) to follow...

In the case if Tonto, AS, GG or PB... et al...

("How did you meet your guy?" is 100% tolerant... i.e. No homophobes allowed... on a perfect normal and average Tuesday night...

Cash;
Good evening my cyber friend, I trust that the Labour Day Weekend treated you and yours acceptably.

Regarding my "Pickup Line", it was, at least in my version of the story, no line but it was a pickup....

This one in fact.

[Linked Image]

There were a bunch of us leaving an Easter supper at our church, headed for one of the other people's place when she said, "Dwayne's by himself and likely doesn't know how to get there", so she knocked on the passenger door and jumped into my pickup.

Now I need to clarify this was in the spring of '82 when every pickup on the road wasn't a 4x4 and Toyota 4x4 pickups were still rare enough that when we were headed north to spend Christmas with family, two young RCMP constables stopped us and asked a whole bunch of questions about the pickup, but never asked for license and registration like they usually do...

So of course I tell everyone she just liked my pickup. She says she was young and didn't know what she was getting herself into. laugh

Anyways Cash, that was 41 years back and I've made it a point to always have a 4x4 pickup on the place. One can't be too careful I figure... wink

Best to you all in the upcoming week and good luck on your hunts this fall Cash.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Blind date/grace of God. Married in 4 months to the day. Every sunrise is a new personal record.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by LBP
I met mine as she was about to walk into a Jenny Craig convention. I picked her out of a crowd of big girls. I conveniently bumped into her and apologized quickly. I invited her to dinner knowing she couldn’t refuse a free meal and dessert.

FFS
😂😂😂

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I met her because luck was on my side. Best thing that ever happened to me!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Finger prints in a cheese cake.
She was baking them for a friend that made them for local restaurants, left a couple of prints in one and gave it to my mother whom was managing an apt building where she was renting.
Mom sat her down in the office and called me in to talk to her.
Married 31 years and still the best decision that I have ever made...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Had just finished as a contract worker for the Corps of Engineers, de-mobing boulders to clear the mouth of a river, improving the navigation channel. Had an appointment to drive up to the big city and meet the super. He had offered me two different jobs, and I had decided to take the 3 year job on Guam.

In those days, it was a 4 hour drive to get to his office. Had just put all new rubber on the old Bronco. Had two spares onboard and extra fuel. Ten miles out experienced my first flat. Has a second at the 3/4 line. Headed down the long grade, the steering box went out. Set at the call box and called my brother to bring the deuce and trailer up to collect me.

Was hungry as all get out, so headed to a local restaurant/bowling alley back home. Set at the bar eating a burger. Noticed a couple of gals bowling, and recognized one that had been an underclass mate back in high school. Walked over to where they were. She had just finished her shot, and smiled as she saw me. I accused her of cheating. She asked "How can you cheat at bowling?". "Why don't we discuss that at dinner or a movie," said I. Will be 47 years in November...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Jr. High.

Graduated in 1988 and married her in 2003. Long story.

Our 20th Anniversary is tomorrow. We are heading to the North Shore of Lake Superior on Thursday.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
At high school, 41 years ago.

Sunday was our 35 wedding anniversary !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Stopped in the grocery to cash a check, had to poop.

As I got to the bathroom the door opened and a cute girl held the door for me.
She had just pooped, and it stunk so bad I spun around to walk out, slipped,
and hit my head. When I came to, she was kneeling over me............
and I thought "She is an angel".

so you married the woman that could detonate a bathroom?

that's love alright

she should have at least apologized for her schit knocking you out!

Last edited by KFWA; 09/05/23.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hay mow... at 10 ...dated at 16 married at 21.....40 years this December..

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,271
Posts18,486,613
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.