Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
who's played some of the Hawke brand rifle scopes ? which line do / did you have ? thoughts ?
I have one of the vantage with the 22 subsonic reticle in a bergara BMR. in my opinion the glass is absolutely amazing for the price point and love that little scope on that gun.
thinking about trying another Vantage or Endurance with the 223/308 reticle. any experience or thought on them? this would be going on a Ruger mini 14 ranch rifle.

Last edited by ldholton; 09/04/23.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you like the Vantage glass,try the Endurance.Pretty dang good for a China scope…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't vouch for the rifle scopes, but my recent Cameraland purchase of a Hawke Endurance 20-60X68 spotting scope is one of the best purchases I've made. The optics quality far exceeds the relative price point.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I took a 1-4x to Africa on my 458. Only thing that held up

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

L
L
Have a Hawke airmax 4-12x40, it’s on a weihrauch hw97k 22 springer with sportsmatch rings. Use it for birds, rabbits and cats. Been impressed so far despite the chinese.
Have about 750 pellets down it so far and hasn’t budged from zero. The glass is pretty good i thought in good light, I did pass on a shot at a cat at 50 yards in low light because I couldn’t see the reticle. Think it’s called AMX, mil based reticle but it’s real thin. Anyway not too sure where the airmax scopes sit in the Hawke lineup but happy with this one overall. Cheers

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Have owned several of the discontinued Endurance LER models, and one Endurance 30 8x56. All were purchased on clearance at considerable discount. All were satisfactory, and the LER, 4.5” IIRC, was useful. Clicks were a bit mushy, but seemed to track well. One 2-7 wouldn’t hold zero on a scope-killer Mini 14, but that’s tough duty, and there are only a few I’d try there. I still have that one as a spare.

The 8x56 Endurance 30 is a cut above the others. Really nice glass, just a bit specialized and heavy for me.

Hawke has been around a long time. The company is AFIK, British-owned, but subs its goods to a Chinese maker. Must be a good, reliable maker, but Chinese nevertheless.

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Have owned several of the discontinued Endurance LER models, and one Endurance 30 8x56. All were purchased on clearance at considerable discount. All were satisfactory, and the LER, 4.5” IIRC, was useful. Clicks were a bit mushy, but seemed to track well. One 2-7 wouldn’t hold zero on a scope-killer Mini 14, but that’s tough duty, and there are only a few I’d try there. I still have that one as a spare.

The 8x56 Endurance 30 is a cut above the others. Really nice glass, just a bit specialized and heavy for me.

Hawke has been around a long time. The company is AFIK, British-owned, but subs its goods to a Chinese maker. Must be a good, reliable maker, but Chinese nevertheless.
from this post I assume you are experienced with a mini 14 and putting an optic on it. and you indicate the mini is a little hard on optics but you're recommendation to put on one ?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ive had a few from the Endurance line, they worked well enough and had excellent eye relief, but I up graded to the Vantage scopes due to the illuminated reticle being adjustable red or green. Adjustments not so mushy, and they've given me great service, I have them mounted on four different rifles for nighttime predator and pig hunting. I'm a fan, especially at their price points.Heres one on a .17 Remington...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton

from this post I assume you are experienced with a mini 14 and putting an optic on it. and you indicate the mini is a little hard on optics but you're recommendation to put on one ?

Right now mine has a SWFA 1-4. I would also use a Trijicon without any qualms as their TS guy said it’d work fine. Other stuff that has held up on it includes a PA Cyclops and a Sig Romeo 5. The Cyclops has the most time on board; might go back to cut weight.

De-gassing a bit and buffering should help too.

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ive had a few from the Endurance line, they worked well enough and had excellent eye relief, but I up graded to the Vantage scopes due to the illuminated reticle being adjustable red or green. Adjustments not so mushy, and they've given me great service, I have them mounted on four different rifles for nighttime predator and pig hunting. I'm a fan, especially at their price points.Heres one on a .17 Remington...

I've been under the impression that the Endurance line was a cut above the Vantage line ..

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I've been under the impression that the Endurance line was a cut above the Vantage line ..

Price wise and feature wise,I dont think so.There might be some expensive Endurance out there, but they aren't the ones I bought!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
My hunting buddy had one on our brown bear hunt and I hated the illuminated reticle compared to my Leupold firedot. btw, he missed the first shot mainly because it was too illuminated.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wyosteve
My hunting buddy had one on our brown bear hunt and I hated the illuminated reticle compared to my Leupold firedot. btw, he missed the first shot mainly because it was too illuminated.
He missed because he missed. You don't have to have it on, or can adjust the brightness level.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 09/06/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The Endurance is normally 2-3x more expensive than the Vantage. I have 1 Vantage 3-9x40 with the red/green reticle that was on an Optima and really like it. Probably stick it on an AR 22 I have since the Optima went down the road.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a couple of Hawke scopes on springer air guns and they have been good. However, I don't like to buy products made in China, so I probably won't be buying more Hawke scopes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I briefly had a Hawke sidewinder 4-16 x 50 half mil/ SFP last fall. I put it on my 9 lb Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader. I liked its features. It tracked well and RTZ UNTIL IT DIDN’T approximately 50 rounds through mz. Load was a 320 gr fury @1990 fps. I put a SWFA HD 5-20 on it and took a cow elk. Later on I contacted Hawke and got the “ it is not us it is you” line. I put it on a very accurate 15 lb 243 and did some box tests. It was definitely broken. Contacted them again with no success convincing them the scope was broken. Called another day and got someone who finally relented and said send it back, we’ll look at it. A few weeks later a scope arrived with No explanation. I called them and asked what they found. Erector system wouldn’t Track, it was broken. The scope I received was a new one. I sold it on an air rifle site. Moving on…

Last edited by Azshooter; 09/06/23. Reason: Typo
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My experience with Hawke is that you get a good one or not. I don't think they have good QC. Some turds miss the turnoff too the sewer..
I had one scope that lasted 4 ir 5 rounds. They replaced it and it has 300+ 458 Lott rounds through it without a hiccup.
I have a high powered one on an air rifle. It tracks perfect and has acceptable glass

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Why specifically go with a completely Chinky brand when there's ample alternatives? Seriously.

Have had a bunch of Endurance bought at steep discount in the years prior toCo19. They're surprisingly adequate. Accessories like lens caps are chit. I ve gotten rid of all but two. Wouldn't even consider it anymore.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yup. For any of the ones I’d consider for their features, there are other options at reasonable prices that aren’t made in countries out to destroy us. Yeah, the money spent on scopes is a drop in the bucket compared to other stuff we source from there, but it is still in the bucket. The British owners, if they wanted to, could find another optics manufacturer in
Asia, but they haven’t, so sorry boys, but you’re off my list.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yup. For any of the ones I’d consider for their features, there are other options at reasonable prices that aren’t made in countries out to destroy us. Yeah, the money spent on scopes is a drop in the bucket compared to other stuff we source from there, but it is still in the bucket. The British owners, if they wanted to, could find another optics manufacturer in
Asia, but they haven’t, so sorry boys, but you’re off my list.
Same for Milwaukee tools but the people keep buying them like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.