Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Gristle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Me and the wife are heading to Glacier National Park on Thursday. Flying into Bozeman and driving up to Apgar. Was looking for some recommendations on area gun stores along the way to drop in and see. I guess we are going from Bozeman to Butte and the up to Missoula. Turn north from there and going to see a friend on Flathead Lake. Will probably go to Kalispell just to say I’ve been there and then head on to Glacier.
Hell, just cool things to see or do along the way…

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Well its not the direction you’re headed but Shedhorn Sports in Ennis is sorta famous and only an hour from Boz. Pretty drive over too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Well its not the direction you’re headed but Shedhorn Sports in Ennis is sorta famous and only an hour from Boz. Pretty drive over too.

And get some jerky from Deemo's Meats.

And if you're up for some world class fishing, call ahead for a guide.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You're taking the long way around.
Get off I90 at the Three Forks exit and go to Helena. Stop at Capitol Sports. Then continue across Highway 12 to I90 at Garrison Junction. More scenic drive, and you'll get to visit one of the best gun stores in the area.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
In Missoula, Scheels, Bob Wards and Cabelas are all in sight of each other and the Axemen store is right up the road.

Kalispell, Montana machine-gun, Murdochs, Sportsmans ski-haus (best price and selection in the Flathead), Snappys, cabelas.

Butte, Three Bears is a big store and you can get snacks/food as well.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Three Bears is a cool store. A one stop shop.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Capitol Sports is good. You might even run into Mule Deer (John Barsness) there.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Machine Guns might be all right, is on the road between Flathead Lake and Apgar, so is Snappy's. But there's really nothing worth a side trip like Shedhorn or a couple blocks like Capitol. Sportsman Kalispell has a pretty good inventory of some nice new stock firearms, it was basically an ape of Cabelas for a couple of years before Cabela's Outpost showed up.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll add Murdoch's to the list. There is one in Kalispell and Columbia Falls. There is also a mini Cabela's in Kalispell.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Gristle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks! Been to Murdochs in Craig Colorado and was like a kid in a candy store there. Nothing like those in E Tn. I always try to visit local stores when I travel because they carry stuff that I’d never see/find around here. Can’t wait to get there Friday morning.

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gristle: The Shedhorn Sports is worth the "deviation! Even under the new ownership (less friendly less Skookum).
KenlGuy is right Deemo's Meats in Ennis has THE best Jerky on earth but its pricey at $30.00 per pound!
Take the closest route from the airport to Ennis and then when done head N/NW to pass by Lewis & Clark caverns and stop in there for an amazing cave experience.
Enjoy your time in Montana and IF.... you can afford it take a jet helicopter tour of Glacier! It IS a life changing experience! Did it September before last and I still tremble when I review the photos I took on my ride.
I see someone suggested "Capital Sports" in Helena and for two decades I was a steady customer there - last 5 years I have become so disappointed with them that I no longer plan trips there. IF... I am passing through Helena and have time to kill I do stop in but of late it just confirms my new found disdain (and distrust!) of their gun department/people.
Sad this last.
Again enjoy "fall" in Montana/Glacier.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Might check out Rocky Mountain Supply in Belgrade. Close to the airport and a newish Murdochs is just across I90.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 8 invisible), 1,467 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,402
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.