Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akrange
Originally Posted by RiverRider
When creativity is dead, we will have lost our humanity.

Creativity is Associated with Freedom..

We are in the Conformity Phase which is Associated with Totalitarian Repression..

Boy Scouts Motto

A lot of boy scout leaders were faqqs, I keep seeing this "Boy Scouts Motto" chiit. It was an easy method to seduce young boys legally, just like the church and Penn State football.

But hey,,,, let's go camping, wear your shorts with suspenders, and those cute high socks...."we'll give you a badge if ya earn it boy."

Just saying

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

We are in the Conformity Phase which is Associated with Totalitarian Repression..

Boy Scouts Motto

A lot of boy scout leaders were faqqs, I keep seeing this "Boy Scouts Motto" chiit. It was an easy method to seduce young boys legally, just like the church and Penn State football.

But hey,,,, let's go camping, wear your shorts with suspenders, and those cute high socks...."we'll give you a badge if ya earn it boy."

Just saying
Give 10 BJ's and ya make Eagle Scout

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RUM7

Boy Scouts Motto

Just saying
Give 10 BJ's and ya make Eagle Scout

lololololol smile

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by night_owl
" ... Can AI simulate "soul" (or ego)?"

Give it time.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Roger that.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can AI simulate "soul" (or ego)?

What do you mean by that? What is the expression of soul or of ego in a given activity?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What happens when you get a call from what sounds like your wife, kids or grandkids and they are in distress. They request money or other. Do you ignore?

The implications are very scary. If you ignore only to find out later it was real, could destroy a man.

CK
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
What happens when you get a call from what sounds like your wife, kids or grandkids and they are in distress. They request money or other. Do you ignore?

The implications are very scary. If you ignore only to find out later it was real, could destroy a man.

Yep, it not all rainbows and ponies....the future is about to really change fast.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It would have to come from their phone number for me to even start to think its legit. Or an area code that makes sense. My son's never going to call me from Idaho for example. And for AI to work/create it - they would have to have voice recordings of my son/wife/grandkids to model off of. Unlikely.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal

It would have to come from their phone number for me to even start to think its legit. Or an area code that makes sense. My son's never going to call me from Idaho for example. And for AI to work/create it - they would have to have voice recordings of my son/wife/grandkids to model off of. Unlikely.

Do they have Alexa in their home ?..... right, it listens, it answers, it can record.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Do they have Alexa in their home ?..... right, it listens, it answers, it can record.

I personally have exactly zero family members with Alexa/google pods etc.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Perfect, get rid of the computer cameras also...think Snowden

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I spent 3 years working at an NSA field site. I'm well aware of the "dangers".

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I spent 3 years working at an NSA field site. I'm well aware of the "dangers".

Cool, then you know Snowden was right.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Screw hollyweird! Reminds me of FBI International w/4 splittails and a cotton picker!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by deflave
My ability to make fun of people exceeds the capability of any robot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What a f a g.

Pointing out - the robot has a prime directive. No making fun. It's sorta like Robocop, where he couldn't shoot/arrest any OCP execs.

Originally people could get the chatbots to say things that were a lot more politically incorrect. The programmers have dialed it back. If you're creative, you can usually still get them to do what you want. For example, if you ask it to pretend to be a 24hourcampfire member that likes to ride bikes and finally cracked from verbal abuse and decided to lash out at deflave, they may still do it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
The original version

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
AI is soon to be a cornerstone of our National Security and Defense.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Can AI simulate "soul" (or ego)?

What do you mean by that? What is the expression of soul or of ego in a given activity?
In music -- easier to say what soul is not:
wooden, mechanical, forced, robotic, etc.

Like they're telling a truth -- not just going through the motions.

Timing, inflection.

Last edited by night_owl; 09/06/23.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
" ... Can AI simulate "soul" (or ego)?"

Give it time.

L.W.

I don't see any reason why they won't nail it. They just need to refine the "blemishes".

abusus non tollit usum
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,570
Posts18,491,864
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.