-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been up there once, "Pittsburg", to hunt grouse. Real pretty country and nice and cool.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Weather is not looking good right now

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Weather is not looking good right now

No reason to not come - always stuff to do around here - https://tuckermanbrewing.com/our-brewery/tasting-room.php grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Been up there once, "Pittsburg", to hunt grouse. Real pretty country and nice and cool.

The Burg….

Great icefishing around there too. The Connecticut Lakes.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
That is a trip that my gang needs to take some day. It is hard to justify when we have mountains so close.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best of luck Jake. White Mountains are pretty awesome. I never hiked it but have hunted it some. Pretty country with some big ridges that have some slammer bucks.

living the good life every day
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by NH K9
Planning on up tuckerman ravine and down lions head.

Was there a few years back on the motorcycle and we've wanted to hike it since.

-Jake
When I go up that side, that's my route. As has been stated, up Ammo and down Jewell is my 'normal' route.

Pack layers and watch the weather shifts, then enjoy the Auto Road entitled tourons at the peak.

If sunday's attempt goes well, we may do ammo/Jewell Monday before heading home Tuesday.

Any other recommendations in that same area if we don't want to do Washington again? (Assuming we're successful the first try)

-Jake

A bit longer than a half-day hike is Arethusa Falls then continue onto Frankenstein Cliff. You will come down right by Frankenstein Trestle.

Other hikes would be Cannon Mountain or across I-93, and do Franconia Notch with Mt Lincoln & Lafayette. Mount Chocorua is another hike which has great views.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
∆∆∆∆
Thanks

I'm going to be watching the weather(I hate checking the weather I never look at it at home. But I don't want to drive 11 hours to watch the rain all weekend) right up until we leave Saturday morning.

I have a back up trip planned for some trails I've wanted to do in Tennessee. If Washington is looking no good I guess I'll head 8 hours south.

Won't make that decision until Friday night though I suppose.

-Jake

In God We Trust.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Weather is looking better. Rain for thur., fri, sat
Pushed off till late sat., sun. mon., tues

Still hot as hell 90°''s south of the Notch

Have fun.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope your o.k. Brother. Raining like a double nutted Bull pizzing on a flat rock in the Flatlands

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
How's the weather looking?

Leaving in the morning. To me it looks like I'll be wasting my time heading north. Can head to Tennessee and do some trails I've been wanting to do for a few years.

Anyone local have any weather advise? Was planning on trying the hike Sunday and Monday

In God We Trust.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
We're getting slammed with some good thunderstorms and heavy rain right now. MW looks as if its going to get some decent ones tomorrow as well.

From the Observatory:
Mostly in the clouds with rain showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms.

High: Mid-50s
Wind: SW at 15-30 mph.

https://www.mountwashington.org/experience-the-weather/higher-summit-forecast.aspx

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How's the weather looking?

Leaving in the morning. To me it looks like I'll be wasting my time heading north. Can head to Tennessee and do some trails I've been wanting to do for a few years.

Anyone local have any weather advise? Was planning on trying the hike Sunday and Monday

AMC https://www.outdoors.org/

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hazy sun 'bout 80° Concord area, worse hazy north. Didn't burm off till 09:00 boomers called for this afternoon. If your not up there already, I'ld probably resch'd

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Saw quite a few AT through hikers in Bethel this week. Came into town for a beer and to resupply. They’re late on the calendar for this stage and all looked thoroughly trail weary.

The way life should be.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
We decided to go to Tennessee. I've wanted to hit the trails on Frozen Head State Park so that's where we're off to.

80 and sunny the next few days.

Not the mountain I wanted, but should still be a good trip. Should be hitting our camping spot in about two hours.

Last edited by Bocajnala; 09/09/23.

In God We Trust.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
We decided to go to Tennessee. I've wanted to hit the trails on Frozen Head State Park so that's where we're off to.

80 and sunny the next few days.

Not the mountain I wanted, but should still be a good trip. Should be hitting our camping spot in about two hours.
MW will be there when you're ready (hopefully during a season with less massholes on the Auto Road)

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Closest I’ll ever get to the White Mountains is my Thompson Center carbine ML in .50 cal. Great for for stand hunting once you find the right load and bullet grain. Very maneuverable with the short barrel. Of course now, you don’t even have to use a ML for primitive weapons season. The automobile insurance is alive and well in MS. You can use 35 Whalen, 444 Marlin, 45/70 and a plethora of new straight wall cartridges in single shots.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.35 Whelan is NOT a straight walled cartridge. It's a 30-06 blown out to .35 caliber.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Tennessee was a great trip.

30 miles and about 7,200 feet of vert.

Saw a copperhead, ribbon snake, hogs and deer. Great weather. Great trip with Dad.

I'll try to throw a few pictures up.

-Jake

In God We Trust.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,978
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.