Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by JPro
Golden Doodle is practically synonymous with โ€œgoofyโ€.
We were at obedience training one night doing distance recall drills. It was one of the better looking females in the class turn with her mutt. She walks over to the spot where we set our dogs with her doodle, puts him in sit-stay. She then walks to the far side of the training ring, turns around and faces her dog. On command she calls her dog, he runs straight to her and sits right in front of her facing her. On the command to finish your dog the dog is supposed to get up, walk around you on your right side and come up from behind you on your left side and sits in the heel position. She gives her dog the command to finish, the dog stands up and approached her right side. He goes behind her, all of a sudden he pokes his head out between her legs from behind her and sits with a stupid grin on his face. I lost it... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Training only goes so far. It all depends on "so far"...

Several decades ago, on USFS trail crew in the out-back, we had a fellow female summer employee come through, hiking the trail on her days off. The crew leader's dog ran up to her ( apparently on the rag) and stuck his muzzle into her quiff, took a big sniff, then turned to us with a big chit-eating grin..

Barbara was a big embarrassed - we had had all fugged her, but we got a big laugh out of it anyway. Didn't make any points with her however....
๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜

It was the woman's fault. She was also in the trick class and teaching the dog weaving. So it wasnโ€™t uncommon for the dog to walk through her legs...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by JPro
Golden Doodle is practically synonymous with โ€œgoofyโ€.
We were at obedience training one night doing distance recall drills. It was one of the better looking females in the class turn with her mutt. She walks over to the spot where we set our dogs with her doodle, puts him in sit-stay. She then walks to the far side of the training ring, turns around and faces her dog. On command she calls her dog, he runs straight to her and sits right in front of her facing her. On the command to finish your dog the dog is supposed to get up, walk around you on your right side and come up from behind you on your left side and sits in the heel position. She gives her dog the command to finish, the dog stands up and approached her right side. He goes behind her, all of a sudden he pokes his head out between her legs from behind her and sits with a stupid grin on his face. I lost it... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Training only goes so far. It all depends on "so far"...

Several decades ago, on USFS trail crew in the out-back, we had a fellow female summer employee come through, hiking the trail on her days off. The crew leader's dog ran up to her ( apparently on the rag) and stuck his muzzle into her quiff, took a big sniff, then turned to us with a big chit-eating grin..

Barbara was a big embarrassed - we had had all fugged her, but we got a big laugh out of it anyway. Didn't make any points with her however....
๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜

It was the woman's fault. She was also in the trick class and teaching the dog weaving. So it wasnโ€™t uncommon for the dog to walk through her legs...

I roomed with a guy that had a BIG Irish Setter. I had a 90-100 Lab/Rot mix. I got a puppy, lab and setter mix. When either of us, or my girlfriend came home, the two big dogs would hog all the room for pets in front of us and the pup didn't get to greet us. Didn't take him long to figure out to go around us and the next thing we knew we had a head poking out between our legs in front of the big dogs.

Not sure I'd call that goofy, I figure he was pretty dang smart to figure that one out.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I wouldn't own one of those eating machines. smirk

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Fantastic kid & dog photo! grin

/John

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Every one for the last 50 years, one way or another! Labs, mixed Labs, and Dachshunds.

Choko the Wonder Wiener ran away earlier today. took us some time to find him, but he's a good dog - came back after I called we were going to a ride, and fired up the Cummins. Considering his back legs ain't working worth a fug.

Jumped out of the pickup seat a week ago, before I could lift him out - probably going into surgery tomorrow for a fugged up back. Wife took him back to surgically clinic 200 miles north this afternoon, for surgical Dr. MRI assessment (taken 3 days ago, there - closest MRI accepting dogs - we were on our way to FBKs- 500 miles north, but they could squeeze us in on a random stop by - the MRI was down, so cancelled other scheduled apointments - but had just been fixed when we stopped by....). Surgery tentative scheduled 8 am tomorrow, pending assessment earlier at 5 this pm. Haven't heard.

Not sure if he just had to go hunting, was embarrased at messing his bed, or pissed at forced take to take meds. I suspect all of above.

He is a Doxie!

Last Lab loved (demanded!) to be vacuumed. Honey HalfLab invades the shower, given she can get a nose in the door. But she doesn't swim...it's feet on the boittom or forget it. She did fall in once off the boat. It wasn't pretty. smile

My first Lab would eat his meal, then come over, stick his muzzle in my hand, and burp. Every time. I think it was a "thank you".

Most every morning he would wake me by resting his chin on the bed a few inches from my nose and wagging his tail, shaking the whole danged bed. I'd open my eyes with his nose 2 or 3 inches away; 40 years and I still miss him.

Griz- the second last full Lab,, had me fooled for about 2 years. We thought he was 'special'. We became his third owner when he was about 2, and had flunked out of drug-dog school. We joked that he must have gotten into the product.

Then one day he blew his cover... I was so embarrassed!

Last edited by las; 09/06/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Life is better with a goofy dog. They bring out the lighter side of us.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
All of mine have been goofy in their own way. I wouldn't want it any other way.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whatchu lookin at, dumbass !

Lap dog, I'm tellin ya !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife loves big goofy pups like that. I once had a half black lab and half Great Dane that was a real character. Great personality.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My daughter had a springer that would bark at negros on TV.

Kinda spooked him out I guess.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's mine ...... 9yr old Pudelpointer.

Loves the water. Hates the garden hose and wet grass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bbassi
All of mine have been goofy in their own way. I wouldn't want it any other way.

LOL... grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce โ€œThe Devil's Dictionaryโ€

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dog threads always please.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I love dog threads!

Keep them coming.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
When they were puppies

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Border Collie Mix.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
When they were puppies

That little fella is too darn cute!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Poot_Carr
Border Collie Mix.

Beautiful eyes!

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
We just got a dog. It is an American Springer Spaniel. It is my daughters and she had to send it to Wisconsin cause when she moeved from Cairo , Egypt to Jamaica , Jamaica wont let the dog in for 6 months so she sends it here . It cost her $2,800 but she just could not leave the dog in Egypt , and they are not very good to dogs there. The dog, is 2 yrs. old . It is much like a 2 yr. old kid. It is a real nice dog and I like him. His life was mostly a back yard the size of a bed room , and now he has 4 acres , with birds all over. It is amazed and crows and Blue Jays. It will sit there mesmorized by them and then all the sudden it takes off looking for them. I have not had a dog in over 50 yrs. but I enjoy him. My daughter wants him pampered but I say , it's a hunting dog. It needs to run and small the woods.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
This goofball loved riding on the ZTR with me. Made it a challenge to steer sometimes.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

438 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,816
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.