-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fook him, if he was a leader at all he would have put a stop to it. There is a big difference in looking for an edge (tipping pitches) and fooking cheating (camera and trash can).

CK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rangers fan here but stopped watching this this total epic meltdown over past month. Glad I have never paid those new stadium prices to go watch this crap from them.
Never seen any team fold like this- and that coming from an ex-cubs fan!!!!

I particularly hate Houston so it is a double stinging last few days. Am done for the season.

Last edited by kenjs1; 09/07/23.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Altuve has quite a story. Guy just would not take no for an answer and it finally paid off for him.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by stxhunter
The only thing did wrong was get caught, every team looks for a way to cheat.

Just like the Washington Democrats.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by strosfann
It has been well documented that Altuve was not down with the trash can plan and did not participate. His road #’s eclipsed his home #’s as well. Anyone that denies he is an elite hitter is not very smart.

Agree 100%. Lot's of ignorance on the subject, obviously, around here. I played pro ball back in the late '80's, and everyone looked for every advantage back then.....all of them.....and that included cheating, sign stealing, and whatever else you could come up with.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Huntz
Too bad they can`t get white guys to play Pro Sports . I might watch them then .

Same for me and football! Was fan for 65 years until the thugs started all the kneeling s hit! College ball is mostly all Mau Mau...so let the Mau Mau support 'em!!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 09/07/23.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by centershot
Altuve has quite a story. Guy just would not take no for an answer and it finally paid off for him.
He played for the Hooks here in Corpus, the Astro's minor league team.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wonder how many men could step into the batters box for 10 guaranteed (down the middle) strikes @ 80MPH from a pitching machine and hit at least 1 of them fair?

Last edited by horse1; 09/07/23.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by horse1
I wonder how many men could step into the batters box for 10 guaranteed (down the middle) strikes @ 80MPH from a pitching machine and hit at least 1 of them fair?

Can I bunt?

To even make it to the minors takes and extreme amount of talent and luck. I respect that. What I cannot respect is the blatant cheating that has effects on other people. There was a story of a pitcher who finally got a chance and was called up only to be shelled by Houston in a game later to show the trash can was especially active while he was pitching. He was sent down and never made it back to the bigs if my memory is correct. The Houston players should have to pay the dude for loss of income in my opinion.

CK
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aaron Judge, the New York Yankees slugger known for giving diplomatic answers, didn’t mince words at the start of spring training in 2020.

He finished second to Jose Altuve of the Astros for the American League Most Valuable Player Award in 2017, the year that Houston defeated the Yankees in seven games in the American League Championship Series.

“I was pretty mad, pretty upset,” Judge said. “To hear that you got cheated out of that opportunity, that’s tough to kind of let go.”

Judge added, “I was sick to my stomach.”

Cody Bellinger of the Los Angeles Dodgers, the team that lost to Houston in the World Series in 2017, amplified the criticism of the Astros in February 2020.

“I think what people don’t realize is Altuve stole an M.V.P. from Judge in ’17,” Bellinger said. “Everyone knows they stole the ring from us.”

https://www.nytimes.com/article/astros-cheating.html

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not me.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant

Not many. My boy had a kid on his high school baseball team that could hit 93 to 95, got as far as triple A. I had no chance of hitting him when he was 16 throwing in mid eighties

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rob Manfred’s brutally honest admission on giving Astros players ‘immunity’ in cheating scandal

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred suggested that he regrets giving the Houston Astros' players immunity for the sign-stealing cheating scandal.

https://clutchpoints.com/astros-rob-manfreds-houston-players-immunity-cheating-scandal

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Altuve sure picked a good time to get on a roll, in the 3-game series against the Rangers, Stros outscored them 39-10, and are now in first place in AL West…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Astros cheated their way to the series then cheated winning the series.

Stop treating them like a shoplifters treatment by Soros DA

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
He's been my favorite player for a long time. The crybabies that waa waa waa about cheating either hate the Astros because they beat their teams ass or don't know anything about professional baseball today or in the past.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, Altuve is a battler, a fine hitter and interesting to watch. Given that, and no matter much how others go about cheating, he is a poor leader and model.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
The Astros cheated their way to the series then cheated winning the series.

Stop treating them like a shoplifters treatment by Soros DA

700LH, you poor baby......enlighten us with the stats on all of the pitchers that have scuffed, doped, and used foreign substances on the baseballs the past 50 years.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The little [bleep] is kind of a baller.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by stxhunter
The only thing did wrong was get caught, every team looks for a way to cheat.

That team should have been dismantled and the main offenders banned from baseball. Altuve also stole the MVP that year. He is the worst kind of Athlete. Him and Bregman. F them for all time and F the commissioner for his bullschidt investigation. This wasn't stealing signs, this was systemic electronic cheating involving the entire organization. Shameful. Any true baseball fan would despise all of them.

Show me the "well documented evidence" because nothing I've seen has exonerated these dirty scumbags. MLB said he directly benefited from it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 78 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,715
Posts18,494,591
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.